1,025 results
All reviewsquiet streetrecommend this hotelexcellent locationbuilding sitegreat hotelbuilding workwalking distanceminute walkhot and cold foodspanish riding schoolinner citygood sizebreakfast roommain attractionsfree wifist stephen's cathedralside street
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed there one months ago, Hotel is nice and clean breakfast is very good a tastes also very well. I booked a comfort room which was quiet spacious and also there was a view to street also with small balcony but It was not allowed to open it. One thing that every morning I heard the the sounds from breakfast area elevators plates etc. I was in 4th floor. Regarding staff there were two members from staff who were smiling and tried to be helpfull ( it was Leena, and the bellboy I dont know his name but he had a one night shift like receptionist during the weekend.)The others were totally unfriendly like a Silvana when I asked her for somethings she looked at to me that I was disturbing her from her work. She could not even find the hotel on the map also she could not find Prater the most famos ttraction in Vienna. I think this hotel is mostly for business trips than for tourist even the map they gave to me was 2m2 big almost all Austria was there ....I had to buy the smaller one.
Location was in quit street but about 30 minut away from main tourist center.

But for business it will be a good hotel.

1  Thank MilosTrpisovsky
SabrinaWien, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Das Tigra, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for taking the time to send us such a nice Feedback. Your positive comments
will be forwarded to all our employees - Silvana is a new member in our Front Offce Team - as you may know, it can be a little difficult on the very beginning in a new job - I do apologize for any inconveniences a look forward welcoming you again some time in our Hotel,
best wishes from Vienna,

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Room 801 is a spacious open-plan bedroom/sitting area which is divided by tasteful screens. with a wide balcony with chairs and table.
The decor is modern and stylish.
Flat screen TV which is centrally postioned in the room so it can be rotated to view in the living and bedroom area.
Complimentary water on arrival only.
Settee,chair,desk. Mini-bar and safe.
Plenty of wardrobe space and storage areas.
Well appointed bathroom though the shower is over the bath and for those with mobility problems, no handrail to assist getting in and out.
Bathrobes provided.Bath products very good though no shower cap included.
Please note this room is accessed by lift upto 7th floor only, then up one flight of stairs.
Tea/coffee making facility available on request only.
Air-con good though for some reason switched itself off during the night.
Ladies - bring your own hairdryer - the one available is one of those rubbish wall-mounted jobs.
Re balcony - be very careful when steppping down into the room from the balcony, especially when wet - the step has no safety grip and I went flying and damaged a nail quite badly.
Breakfast very good - although limited the hot and cold buffet was well stocked. A good chioce of teas and coffees - staff friendly and efficient.
Front desk staff too were welcoming and efficient.
The porter was a rather surly man - we didn't have any loose change to tip him a second time, when he brought up our remaining luggage (which arrived later) - he was obviously not happy about this - we had planned to tip him at the end of our stay but felt his demeanour didn't deserve it - we carried our own luggage down on our departure...
Overall, we were very happy with our accommodation. it was ideally situated for many places of interest as well as restaurants.
This was our second visit to Vienna - it is a beautiful, well kept,clean city with much to see, fabulous shops,bars and restaurants.
Cafe Mozart, very close to the Opera House offers outside eating areas with great food!
The American bar has excellent cocktails!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Local to city centre yet still quiet.

helpful staff and very clean.

Wifi available all round good and highly recommended

No restaurant apart from breakfeast. leisure centre a few doors away but did not visit.

Room Tip: No specific rooms to avoid
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Guests,
on behalf of the whole staff I would like to thank you for your positive Feedback, which means a lot to us.
We hope, that you have enjoyed your vacation in our beautiful City and we are looking forwards
welcoming you again some time in the future!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

very nice hotel, great location.
very clean, good staff.
rooms are nice size.
shower is excellent.
breakfast was one of the best!!!
since in vienna you must walk like in an open museum, the location was execllent

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
SabrinaWien, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Das Tigra, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thank you very much for all your positive comments.
We are very glad to hear, that you have had such a great time in Vienna and that you felt
so comfortable in our Hotel!
Your nice feedback will be certainly forwarded to all our staff -
We are looking forwards welcoming you again at our Hotel -
Vienna is really like an open Museum and is always worth another visit!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

This hotel is in a good location. Quiet street. Good breakfast. Nothing impressive though. I think I will look for another location next time. The female employees were all nice. The male employees were gruff. Just didn't get a great vibe from this place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends