Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront
$242
$178
Agoda.com
2,629 results
All reviewsthe executive loungestadion stationoutdoor poolcity centrea river view roomminute walknice hotelfree wifirooms are largeper daytop floorpublic areashilton viennabreakfast buffet ismetroeurodonau
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton after Christmas last year and it was a very nice hotel. Beautifully appointed on the Danube river. The rooms were very spacious which is great when traveling with a parent or a sibling, like I was. The only let down was how far it was from the city centre. In saying this there was alot of transport and also another shopping centre nearby that we visited while we were there. The restaurant staff were exceptionally nice as was the food for dinner and buffet breakfast! All in all would go back again.

Room Tip: Go for a river view room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is an enigma. It is along the Danube (Donau in German) so I suppose half the rooms have a good view, but, aside from the Stadium, there is nothing else of interest within walking distance. It is found in a predominantly residential area, that is, except for the stadium. It is only 5 minutes (outdoor) walk from the underground train so I guess that's helpful.

The hotel itself is nice enough. It has a warm, spacious lobby. The room that I got had 2 queen-sized beds and a nice view of the Danube. The beds were comfortably soft and I slept well, in spite of the jet lag. And (yipee!) there was a full length mirror. There is cable (but only 3 English channels), a bathtub, a safe, an iron and ironing table and provisions for wired internet access. If you want to surf/work online for free, you will have to go to the restaurant or lobby. There were no complimentary slipper and no bathrobe. I found the room overly warm but then, this was the tail end of winter.

The breakfast buffet was quite generous--salmon, cheeses, breads, cereal, sausages, yogurts, eggs and bacon. The wait staff was attentive. I was unable to try the bar.

The staff is friendly and the bell man (Marvin) has very good advice about the city.

I cannot imagine this hotel being for a family with small kids. Business and honeymoon (because it is a distance away from the tourist spots) probably. There are shops in the Stadion Center and a small grocery nearby. No big malls, no scenic places.

Would I go back? For tourism purposes, I'd probably stay closer to the city center.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank purplepinay
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Located in a quiet part of the city, away from the city center but easy to from the Metro. Stayed here for 2 nights in February. The rooms are big, clean and kept at a very comfortable temperature. The staff are polite, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good wth a nice view of the Danube.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank chantal55_12
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stay at the hotel from 5-7th of March 2013. My room its part of a group booking from Trafalgar travel. I present my Valid gold Hilton HHonors card to the reception and of course I expect that I will get a good warm welcome from the hotel. Reception very "friendly" told me that they have no room available for upgrading ( its my fault not let them know earlier) which I immediately respond that it will be no problem with me. What I have a room located at the end of the corridor, with broken light in front of the room, so its dark, its room 102, look "fine" when I entered but once I carefully observed I'm aware that the room its a spare room, maybe use only when hotel overbook. Open the toilette cover the water inside was brown. The bathroom its self its unfinished bathroom ( attached photo ) or maybe its a new interior design style for Hilton ? I don"t know ? I start became more observed, carpet dirty, I believe not vacuum for sometimes.... So....? I wonder where is the Hilton HHonors excellent services I received when I stayed at London Hilton on the Park Lane ? Maybe its just not a lucky day for me. By the way thank you for the "amusing" treatment send to my room as well as free internet voucher.

Room Tip: Frankly...no idea, just hope that other room will be better than room 102
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gregorius S
Stefan_Lippert, Leiter Front Office at Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Gregorius S,

thank you for sharing your feedback for your recent experience on tripadvisor.
I’m sorry to hear about the general dissatisfaction and can assure that this is not a standard at our hotel as you can see from many other reviews. I have checked our occupancy records and there was indeed no premium room type available for instant upgrading during your stay. As you have been the tour leader of the group we choose to accommodate you in the most quiet rooms which are located at the end of any hallway away from elevators and lift landings, with a King Bed in a non-smoking area. We are sorry for not meeting your expectations at that point.

Please update your room preferences in your HHonors profile as we met all 3 requests but still did not meet your needs. The missing glass element in the bathroom of room #102 will be installed shortly. I agree with you that a room with this missing piece should not have been sold.

My promise to you is, that your next stay with us will be just as perfect as it is for all our other guests. Please feel free to contact me directly for your next reservation with us and do not hesitate to report any kind of dissatisfaction always directly during your stay so we can make it right immediately.

Kind Regards
Stefan Lippert
Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed here both for pleasure and business in February . The rooms are great, we had two double beds and a sofa in a very comfortable room.
The staff were all excellent and more than helpful on every occasion, we also eat twice in the restaurant after working a long day and the service and food was really very good.
Breakfast choice was excellent and catered for all tastes.
Great views of the Danube from the breakfast room/ restaurant .
Not really walking distance to the city centre but we explored at the weekend by using the tube and tram system which is both very good and cheap and when travelling on the trams offers great views of this beautiful city.

Room Tip: Pay the additional for a river view if you can.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business