“A very "friendly" and " amusing" hotel”

Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront
Ranked #58 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stay at the hotel from 5-7th of March 2013. My room its part of a group booking from Trafalgar travel. I present my Valid gold Hilton HHonors card to the reception and of course I expect that I will get a good warm welcome from the hotel. Reception very "friendly" told me that they have no room available for upgrading ( its my fault not let them know earlier) which I immediately respond that it will be no problem with me. What I have a room located at the end of the corridor, with broken light in front of the room, so its dark, its room 102, look "fine" when I entered but once I carefully observed I'm aware that the room its a spare room, maybe use only when hotel overbook. Open the toilette cover the water inside was brown. The bathroom its self its unfinished bathroom ( attached photo ) or maybe its a new interior design style for Hilton ? I don"t know ? I start became more observed, carpet dirty, I believe not vacuum for sometimes.... So....? I wonder where is the Hilton HHonors excellent services I received when I stayed at London Hilton on the Park Lane ? Maybe its just not a lucky day for me. By the way thank you for the "amusing" treatment send to my room as well as free internet voucher.

Room Tip: Frankly...no idea, just hope that other room will be better than room 102
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gregorius S
Stefan_Lippert, Leiter Front Office at Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Gregorius S,

thank you for sharing your feedback for your recent experience on tripadvisor.
I’m sorry to hear about the general dissatisfaction and can assure that this is not a standard at our hotel as you can see from many other reviews. I have checked our occupancy records and there was indeed no premium room type available for instant upgrading during your stay. As you have been the tour leader of the group we choose to accommodate you in the most quiet rooms which are located at the end of any hallway away from elevators and lift landings, with a King Bed in a non-smoking area. We are sorry for not meeting your expectations at that point.

Please update your room preferences in your HHonors profile as we met all 3 requests but still did not meet your needs. The missing glass element in the bathroom of room #102 will be installed shortly. I agree with you that a room with this missing piece should not have been sold.

My promise to you is, that your next stay with us will be just as perfect as it is for all our other guests. Please feel free to contact me directly for your next reservation with us and do not hesitate to report any kind of dissatisfaction always directly during your stay so we can make it right immediately.

Kind Regards
Stefan Lippert
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,510)

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed here both for pleasure and business in February . The rooms are great, we had two double beds and a sofa in a very comfortable room.
The staff were all excellent and more than helpful on every occasion, we also eat twice in the restaurant after working a long day and the service and food was really very good.
Breakfast choice was excellent and catered for all tastes.
Great views of the Danube from the breakfast room/ restaurant .
Not really walking distance to the city centre but we explored at the weekend by using the tube and tram system which is both very good and cheap and when travelling on the trams offers great views of this beautiful city.

Room Tip: Pay the additional for a river view if you can.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Warren F
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel is amazing, the rooms are big and comfortable. The view of the river is amazing, took some awesome pictures with a lot of snow there. The crew also is very attencious, they gave me a lot of information about transport and things to do. It's located a bit far from the center, but it is really easy to get there. It's a great call for it's price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Breno M
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in December before a Danube cruise. The location is a little out of the way if you're in Vienna to see the sights, though it's easy to get to on the metro as long as you know where you're going! It's a few minutes' walk from the nearest station on a road designed for cars, not people - it took us a while to figure out where the entrance was! We had to walk over a bridge to get to it. It didn't help that we arrived in the dark on a freezing cold, icy night. Tip: there's a nice shortcut through a residential development which we discovered the next day which is quicker than the main road.
Once we were there, however, we had an excellent stay. The staff are extremely polite and helpful - our suitcase had been broken by the airline, and they directed us to a shopping centre (very handily close by) where we were able to buy a cheap replacement. They then gladly took away the old one for us. They also let us leave our bags there the next day after we checked out at no extra charge while we explored the city.
We had arrived late due to problems with our flight but the restaurant was still open and the staff couldn't have been more attentive and friendly, and the food was great, plentiful and not unreasonably priced. The little hotel bar was a pleasant place to chill out, too, again with friendly staff.
We had booked a standard room but it was absolutely huge and quiet even though it overlooked the road (we were offered a room with a river view, but for a higher rate.) The bed was very comfortable so we slept really well. Breakfast was included and also very nice with a lot of choice.
We were unlucky with the weather (as we stayed in the middle of winter) and were also only there one night, so we didn't get to explore the river side of the hotel, though it is meant to be beautiful and another good feature of this hotel and I'm assurred the views are super. Regardless, I'd recommend this hotel for its huge rooms, reasonable rates and wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Staff tried to charge extra for a room with a river view, but the room we had was lovely regardless...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pol P
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Excellent hotel - clean, good standard of accommodation. Excellent breakfast - lots of choice. Very friendly and helpful staff. Great view of Danube from bar area. Be aware there is a surcharge for river views from bedrooms.

Walking distance (10 mins) to the Messe exhibition centre. Perhaps not as convenient if you want to hang out in the centre of town but still only a short taxi ride to the main areas. Most of guests seemed to be staying on business.

Room Tip: I had a corner suite on 2nd floor at no extra charge - great views of river, two double beds, very q...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jessica_Edinburgh
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here twice and enjoyed both times. The views are fantastic, the rooms beautifully appointed, and immaculate. The food was good and so was the cocktail area. The area on the river was very charming, but the exit out of the front door was a bit hectic. It led you out into a driveway across from the road.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank steve f
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This Hilton hotel was really a good Choice in Vienna, although itis not in the middle of the City. Itis located bit outside from it, directly at the Danube River - with a very nice view to it! Room was pretty large and nice Interiour there. Room was clean.Breakfast Service had much choices and we liked it very much! Also there was a top Service at their Restaurant, where we have been two times.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple