All reviews technical museum city centre austria trend hotel nice hotel the executive lounge mini bar min walk hotel is located modern design vienna card public transport reception staff deluxe room metro station breakfast was excellent rooms are large yogurt
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Brand new hotel, very nice, modern and well refurbished lounges and rooms.
Clean and in a good location close to one of the best Wien's attraction schonbrunn castle.
I am a picky Italian when it comes to food but I can say that the breakfast is something you don't have to miss and the meal I had in the evening are very well cooked with attention to the service  which is sharp.
Definitely recommended

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I booked this hotel by mistake through Opodo, confusing it with Austria Trend's Parkhotel, newly refurbished and reopened at much the same time but with a much different feel. Our friend drove us to this hotel in the first instance and it looks absolutely stunning so imagine my disappointment when I first entered the totally modern surroundings of the Park Royal Palace. Despite being within the same hotel group, they were adamant that they could not transfer us - so other travellers take note. Although it is not very easy to find the entrance by car, once we got used to the place, we found it reasonably convenient, with trams on each corner and a straight walk to Schonbrunn Palace. Our room overlooked an inner courtyard, for which I was thankful when it was so close to very busy roads. The beds were wonderfully comfortable, though should have been changed more frequently during our seven night stay. I complained about this and about the rather haphazard standards of room maintenance - new things kept appearing daily, such as shower caps, toothbrush, comb, face cloths. Most importantly, it had a full length tilt and turn window that opened with a juliet balcony arrangement, the air conditioning worked wonderfully and the fridge was silent. The lighting was a bit confusing and was impossible to use during the night without waking my partner. I resorted to using my mobile phone and then opening the door to the cupboard containing the fridge. I didn't think breakfast was worth 19 euros (and it's a long way to alternative choices), though the scrambled eggs were the best I've eaten in any hotel. The bar is also pricey, except for the goulash soup, which was very good value and delicious. Even so, the ambience in the bar was good enough for us to use it quite frequently and I began to even like the decor. Staff were friendly and helpful. I would certainly consider returning.

Room Tip: Hotel's positioned at a busy junction so a room overlooking one of the inner courtyards is likely to be more peaceful.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AngieVSheffield
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Brand New, clean, a little far from the center.Very good for conventions, 2 tumbs up to Beate Mex. (I think the manager), that is doing all possible to make you feel at home. (for a big hotel its not that simple)

Room Tip: upgrade to the suite if you can, try to get a room with a view to the palace
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2011

This is a perfect hotel for business and the siting of conferences. It is clear from internal arrangements and decor that this is the prime target demographic for this new hotel. Quality of service is acceptable, quality of rooms is acceptable and quality of food is acceptable. Essentially an acceptable place to conference or do business. Worth paying the extra for an upgrade to get access o business suite and have coffeee machine and free minibar (obviously limited) in the room.
It is close to SAchonbrunn Palace but that alone would not be a reason to consider this hotel for sightseeing, it is a 15 minute walk to nearest metro station and you are 20 minutes from center of town.

Room Tip: Select upgrade for access tio business centre, as hotel is new this is still a relatively cheap option
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2011

This hotel only opened at the beginning of October and still has a very new feel - and smell! It is incredibly spacious, clean and contemporary and on the whole is a lovely place to stay BUT I did experience a couple of issues.

Firstly, the rooms are lacking some basic instructions, like how to use the phone. It was easy calling other rooms but I could not work out how to phone reception! When I asked (at reception) I was given a 9 digit number. Also, there is a master switch for all the lights in the bedrooms, which is unlabelled and if you use this to turn the lights off (as I did) you are then left fumbling in the dark trying to turn them on again. Furthermore, the safe in my room was locked shut with no instructions to open and use it.

There did not seem to be any room service, and my mini bar was not restocked after the first night of my three night stay. My room was not serviced on the second day of my stay until approximately 5pm.

On the plus side, the food I had was delicious and all the staff I encountered were incredibly helpful and pleasant, and there is a delicious breakfast buffet.

One hint - because it's so new our taxi driver did not know it so if you do need to get a taxi to the hotel, tell the driver it is next to the Technical Museum.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business