“Tasty vegetarian, slow service”
Review of yamm!

yamm!
Ranked #169 of 4,310 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: Some people say we are the best vegetarian restaurant in Vienna. Our recipe consists of fresh vegetables and herbs, ripe fruits, diverse spices and a large portion of friendly hospitality. But come check out yamm! for yourself. The best way to do this is with a cosy breakfast, lunch with colleagues just the way you like it, or if you have some time in the afternoon, come over for a freshly ground cup of coffee and home-made pastries from our patisserie. And yes, sometimes you just need a gin and tonic after a hard day of work. We get it. Our delicious food is also available to take away if you don‘t have time to stay. Foodora can also deliver it directly to your home. Have something to celebrate or want to present something to the world? We know everyone‘s taste is different, so yamm! can adapt perfectly to any occasion so that your guests will feel completely at home.
Reviewed August 24, 2014

I was happy to find this tasty vegetarian buffet close to the university (where I was attending a conference). If pricing had been more reasonable, I would have eaten here more often. First visit was a bit confusing as there was no clear signage and no staff to greet arrivals and explain the pay-by-weight system (which requires a credit card device on which your purchase is recorded). Table service was a bit slow; perhaps they are understaffed. Food selection was plentiful, including Lebanese mezza, Indian curry, and East Asian stir fry. Would visit here again and happy to recommend.

There are newer reviews for yamm!

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Yamm! is a family-friendly buffet vegetarian eatery located near the university around the corner from Schottentor. It is a huge restaurant with plenty of seats both inside and out, nicely decorated and welcoming.

Yamm! is possibly the premier family-friendly restaurant in Vienna. It has a small toddlers play area as well as extensive changing facilities. This is a place those with young children go to whether they're vegetarian or not. The buffet adds to the family appeal as it is easy to pick something for pretty much any taste.

The food is good. It includes a few Austrian staples done in traditional format but also a range of other flavours including chillis, hummus, and other assorted choices. It really does taste good and is really tempting to go back for more. The food does not taste too heavy so it satisfies without bloating. Yamm! does not advertise itself as being a healthy option but being a veggie place is bound to be better.

As a buffet it is mostly self-service. The self-service is a bit confusing but there are instructions and staff around to help out. There are quite a lot of staff. Yamm! is somewhat over-staffed given its buffet appeal.

The downside is price. If Yamm! were all you can eat then it might contend for best restaurant in Vienna. As it is, Yamm! is not quite the best vegetarian buffet location in Vienna because it is easy to run up the cost.

Great flavour, great place, great food, a little pricey.

1  Thank Malarchy
Reviewed August 18, 2014

a total rip-off, we were so mad at the expensive pricing and the horrible attitude of the staff that we didn't even stayed to check the food. 40 euros for 1 plate is plain rude. they don't deserve you money.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

This review applies to Yamm's small outlet in the Naschmarkt, which I stumbled upon with some friends in late July--I have yet to visit the main restaurant. Yamm! Naschmarkt had a choice of around three main courses, three juices and a couple of smaller dishes. The range was impressive, especially for the starters and the juices, and the gazpacho was absolutely delicious. This place is well worth seeking out if you are looking for vegetarian food in Vienna. It also does excellent pumpkin-seed oil in bottles to take away. We wanted to say a special thank-you to Francisco, who was working on the stall that day. He explained everything in English, knew the food backwards, and was charming and friendly.

2  Thank Andrew v
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Buffet-style restaurant where you pay by the weight. Though I was expecting moderate pricing from my plate, it turned out to be much more than I would've wanted to pay. This is all the worse because it's unexpected, and it's not as if you can change your mind, put some back and have less for cheaper! The food was a mixed bag. There was a good variety on offer, but in terms of what I tried only some dishes were genuinely tasty. For the most part I wasn't impressed (certainly not considering the pricing).

Obviously this is mostly self-service, but the waiting service we did experience when ordering drinks was decidedly subpar. Not friendly or approachable at all, which leaves a particularly bad taste in your mouth when you're paying more than you wanted.

Perhaps it's unrealistic to ask, but I would have loved to see multilingual ingredients lists. As someone who suffers food allergies, this could have made a big difference. I know what my main allergens are in German, but inevitably there are byproducts or more specific ingredients that I just wouldn't recognise. In hindsight, I would have asked the staff to assist in telling me which things I should and shouldn't eat, but (as previously mentioned) they didn't seem like the most approachable…

1  Thank themoonindaylight