“Awesome food.. Well, awesome everything!”

Silvio Nickol Gourmet Restaurant Palais Coburg
Ranked #62 of 4,106 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: European, Central European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Inner City
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
“Awesome food.. Well, awesome everything!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I visited this place for the second time in about 5months, both time had the full 8 course menu, with some different dishes this time. Every single course was a complete breath of fresh air, nothing to complain about. Been to quite a few two star restaurants, never a three star though, but compared to the others - what do they give the third star for ?! This was both times just "out of this world" and no food ive ever eaten came even close to this.. Amazing wine cellars which you can barely find anywhere else in the world, great wine selection where you can find some awesome price/value wines for between 100/300EUR per bottle.. Thanks for the evenings, we had a blast, will come back soon for sure!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Marek D
silvionickol, Manager at Silvio Nickol Gourmet Restaurant Palais Coburg, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Marek D.,

It’s our part to say thank you for having chosen our restaurant. Your comment supports us in every way and we really hope to see you soon again.

Yours sincerely,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
“Beautiful food, beautiful people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

What a night! Food was without a doubt amazing. Congratulations to the chef and
The two Michelin stars are well deserved.

We had the 8 course taster and I had to miss the petit fours I was so full from the main dishes as well as the countless amuse bouche! The beautiful hosts - and they were ALL beautiful boys - were knowledgeable, friendly (and did I mention beautiful?) adding to the evening no end and prevented the evening being too formal. They also provided gorgeous boxes for me to take the petit fours home!

Will def come again when I am next in Vienna.

3 Thank Chewszewan
Dear guest,

we can exactly remember your stay and can’t wait to have you back as our guest.

Best regards,

Vienna, Austria
“Eight is enough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Ate all eight courses which was alot even though I had skipped lunch that day. Very good food. Attentive service.

Visited December 2012
silvionickol, Manager at Silvio Nickol Gourmet Restaurant Palais Coburg, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive comment.
It is a pleasure that you enjoyed your visit in our restaurant.
I would be happy to welcome you soon again.

Kind regards,

Nicosia, Cyprus
“Very very good but not excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

My and my girlfriend try to visit Michelin star restaurants when we're traveling and event though we ve been to vienna several times we didn't have the time or chance to visit one of the Michelin star vienna restaurants so Silvio nickol's was our first here.

We did like it, a lot, but we were not blown away like we have in some other michelin starred restaurants. Also some of the dishes were a bit too powerful for me with one of the tastes in the dish overpowering everything else.

In all we liked it, especially the amuse bouches (and there are 5-6 of those!) but it was not what we expected of 2 Michelin stars. On the other hand it's also a matter or taste and the food was excellent quality just not close to our taste preferences (over all a bit more salty than I like).

Didn't have a chance to try the wines as I had a bit of a cold and went alcohol free tonight

• Visited November 2012
silvionickol, Manager at Silvio Nickol Gourmet Restaurant Palais Coburg, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I hope the cold did not spoil your holiday and you had a speed recovery!

You got to experience the exciting flavors of my dishes, for which I am happy. I am sorry however, that it did not fulfill your expectations; I am known to be bold when it comes to the seasoning of my plates.

Should you return to Vienna, I hope you will come back to enjoy the delicious wines we have to offer, as that is a true experience on its own.

With warm regards,

Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Modern cuisine in an amazing palais”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I went there by incident, but it was a great experience. Very friendly and expert service, great food masterfully shaped into a "story" on the plate. Going to a dinner like that is really having good food with a bit of a theater. I took the 5 course menu because I cannot it too much in the evening, but with all the greetings from the kitchen it was still plenty. I opted for the wine accompaniment, and asked whether it could be "all Austrian" (as I am interested to get to know Austrian wines from the point of view of a sommelier). It was not possible (I did not argue - I guess they did not want to open a bottle for one glass for a funny request). The wines, by the way, were great, so there is no frustration on my part. And - as another commentator has suggested - reading the wine "book" is a must.

5 Thank David V
silvionickol, Manager at Silvio Nickol Gourmet Restaurant Palais Coburg, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback.

We are very pleased to read that we fulfilled your expectations and that you enjoyed our fine dining-experience. You have captured the essence of our philosophy right, as we aim to tell stories with our dishes. We have carefully selected a wine with each course of the menu and like to thank you for trusting our suggestions. I will happily pass your comment to our sommelier Hendrik. The wine book gives you a lot of insights to the love and passion of the owner, who personally helped to create one of the biggest wine cellars in Europe.

Yours sincerely,