“Very lucky to find this place by chance”
Review of Restaurant 1070

Restaurant 1070
Ranked #271 of 4,193 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Neubau
Description: We do not tell you WHAT we cook, however, every guest is asked by table what he does not / may eat. (/Indigestible , allergies. ) Following we serve 3 plates of fully culinary surprises! Then with pleasure you have the possibility to go for more - up to 10 courses our chef creates for you. Every evening differently!!
Geneva, Switzerland
“Very lucky to find this place by chance”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

See the other reviews for the concept: just think about a succession of tasty degustation small and unexpected plates,The food is excellent by all means, with a very nice use of uncommon tasty vegetables. The service is very professional and smiling, and last but not least the bill remains extremely reasonable. To be recommended.

• Visited February 2013

“The best food I have eaten on my trip in Europe!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has such an original concept- there is no menu but they ensure that your dietary requirements are thoroughly met. There were three of us - including one vegetarian and a 10 year old who was gluten intolerant and they managed to cater for all of us despite us not knowing what each course was going to be. We had four courses (dessert included) plus wine & bread and our bill was just over 100 euro - the quality of food was outstanding and we walked out really full. The service was excellent (the restaurant owner) was very lovely to us. The restaurant was easy to access (hop off the metro at Volkstheater) I would devotedly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a unique dining experience.

“A nice surprise!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by our hotel and it did not disappoint.

I was with my wife and my sister, who speaks German. The wasn't a menu, so language would hardly have been a barrier in any case. Service was friendly.

They asked if there was any foods we couldn't eat (or didn't want to eat) - and them they brought out small/entre size surprise dishes. After 3 dishes they asked if we wanted another (we did).

We were served lamb with breaded cauliflower, parsnip soup, fish with creamy broth, lentils and baby green beans, and finally pork cutlet with sauerkraut. The flavours were great. Presentation was homely (attractive but not pretentious).

Would recommend if you are nearby and feel like a surprise!

Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Nice little place in Vienna”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We foun this restaurant eith my wife. The food was very good (they serve you a surprise meal in three courses).
The staff was great. Would recommend it!

Simpsonville, South Carolina
“My favorite!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel and it was by far, my favorite restaurant in Vienna. I loved the atmosphere and I really loved the "tasting" atmosphere. I haven't read other reviews but you probably already know that it's pretty much a fixed menu...although they will not serve anything you don't eat (fish, meat, etc.)...so every course is a surprise. There were four of us in our party....we were all delighted and surprised by some things we were served that we would typically would not have ordered. Every course was perfect and delicious. I thought of it as similar to being at a dinner party where I ate whatever was served....loved it!

Visited September 2012