“Another choice if you missed other Madame Tussauds”

Madame Tussauds Vienna
Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
$28.66*
and up
Vienna Madame Tussauds Entrance Ticket with...
$116.28*
and up
Family Vienna Combo: Vienna Card, Schonbrunn Zoo, Prater Ferris Wheel and...
$73.51*
Vienna Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Ticket
Ranked #62 of 613 things to do in Vienna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This is will be the 3rd Madame Tussauds that I've been to ;) At first I went to Madame Tussauds in Amsterdam and then I had a chance to go to to Madame Tussauds in London. This time when I went to Vienna, I actually didn't plan to visit (because I guess two times is enough) However, one of my friends would like to go there, so I just accompanied her :)

Well, to be honest. I quite disappointed with Madame Tussauds Vienna. First of all, the ticket price is quite high and the show is not that big compare to other Madame Tussauds. I was actually expect to see more of statues, but it was much less. The only good thing that this Madame Tussauds better than others is that there is no queue at all :D well, when I went to the one in Amsterdam and the one in London, there are too long queue and there are people everywhere. Even when I want to take a picture with the statues, I have to wait or I have to take photos with crowded head and people. But this Madame Tussauds in Vienna, there is no queue and literally no one :D well, so that I could spend time to take photos with the statues and there is no one waiting on the queue and no one pushing me and so on. So it was quite cool that way.

Let's say if you want to visit Madame Tussauds, Vienna is not a bad place to spend time :)

1  Thank Smiley_face1621

Reviewed January 14, 2012

I really enjoyed seeing the Austrian historical characters and ogling the dimensions of the Hollywood stars. Sissi was a charmer, Franz Josef had some impressive mutton chops, and I couldn't get over how Nicole Kidman's waist is only *this* big.

3  Thank scottpartee
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I missed going to Madame Tussauds museum in London because it seemed a bit steep for me back then, but boy was I wrong! As I was told in London's MT museum beside the exhibition of the wax statues, you get two rides and some 4D experience, but here for €18,50 you get few dozens of wax statues in 10 or so halls - and that's it. We were out in 20 minutes and when we stepped outside we thought "this can't be it!". But, it was. So - if you really want to see some of your idols in wax edition, go for it, but otherwise you could feel like you've been ripped off. Note: with the ticket you get €5 discount for the same exhibition after the 24 hours, so if you can, give it to someone else.

1  Thank frishki
Reviewed September 5, 2011

If you're looking to visit a wax museum, this is a good one to see. It features a mix of very real looking international and Austrian celebrities. You'll not only see many figures, from movie stars to musicians and political leaders, you'll also get to pose with them.

Avoid going in the afternoon when it's so crowded that it's almost impossible to take photographs. Morning may be better.

The wax museum is right in Praterstern amusement park. While you're here, you can also see the famous Riesenrad ferris wheel and amazingly tasty Schweizerhaus restaurant.

2  Thank rlennon1
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Parking near the Prater Park is DREADFUL, so use the underground. I give this 8/10 - there are some fun wax models inside here but this is not a patch on Tussauds in London and 17 EUR for an adult is pricey, but you get about 2 hours walking about inside so that is "fair". Apart from where you pay, the staff at Madame Tussauds Vienna are very friendly and YES, they smile are generally happy, this is unlike anything I have seen in Austria having lived here for over 10 years (well done Madame Tussauds for picking happy staff).

Whole attraction is available in German and English thoughout so if you don't speak German you will enjoy this attraction. Lifts available for pushchairs/strollers and wheelchairs throughout, so well done again MT!

Note - there are quite a few "Famous Austrians" in here also, and if you are not from Austria you probably won't have a clue who they are (even Arnie is at the entrance) and besides Hitler (absent at this attraction) most people I know will struggle to think of more than another 3 or 4 famous Austrians. That said, the descriptions are in English, so you can read all about them.

Be careful of some of the restaurants in the Prater Park if you wish to eat afterwards, overpriced, passive smoke covered food being passed off as Austrian specialities - I wouldn't eat at the Prater Park - Madame Tussauds has a limited number of tables inside and there is the typical Austrian smoking problem outside. Overall, a fun day out, but not cheap for a family (check out the Madame Tussauds website for 10% entry reduction) - Google.

1  Thank jnoWales