“nice concept and quite cheap”
Review of Ebi

Ebi
Ranked #1,374 of 4,234 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Http://archiv.print-gruppe.com/data2/392/2011/10/tmp/20_392_2011_10.pdf
Switzerland
“nice concept and quite cheap”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Don't expect to much from the lobster but as all the other dishes are illimited and quite good, we'll certainly come back.

• Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Malta
“Good variety, friendly staff”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

A bit out of town but good variety of food and like the concept. No queuing for food and having tray after tray of food where everyone takes something. Food was fresh, tasty and service was prompt. Particularly liked the variety as everyone will find something that they like. Also nice deserts and ice-cream, fresh fruit. Didn't like the look of the salad counter and preferred just to order. Lots of locals - which is always a good sign. Although a bit out of town, its really only about an 8 min walk from the train station so its not that much of a hassle. Also staff were not pushy so you could sit down and relax without having waiters looking to see when you would leave since the place is absolutely huge there is no problem of finding a table. I also liked the lunch hours - from 11 to 5. We went at 3 - my ideal time to have lunch and sit down and relax after a morning of sight seeing. Recommend for family and friends.

• Visited February 2014
Vienna, Austria
“Never again”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

As I've said in my previous review from April, this place has been steadily going downhill. I recently visited again and was appalled at what the food has become. The sushi has gotten so sweet it's disgusting, there's just no other way to put it. The prices have gone up again. So really, there's no reason to drive this far out of the city for gross food and what's always been subpar service (which I used to be able to turn a blind eye to when the food was still great - which I want to stress again, it really used to be).

This was our last visit.

• Visited November 2013
Germany
“Can´t help overeating! Excellent all-you-can-eat a la carte”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

They offer dishes which I cannot find in other Asian restaurants in Vienna, such as soft-shell crabs... Love the food! Too bad it´s far from the city centre. Highly recommended especially for group dining.

• Visited August 2013
Vienna, Austria
“Going downhill”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

If I'd reviewed this a year ago, it would have gotten five stars, but things keep changing for the worse every time we visit.

It's probably still the best sushi in the city, but the quality has gone downhill since the opening and it can't be compared to what it used to be. While the concept is still great, it is now the best thing about the place. I don't know what they've changed, but the sushi tastes sweeter than it used to, and I've noticed that while we used to eat a good 6 courses when we first started eating here, we can hardly get past 3 nowadays. There's something added to the food that makes you feel full, I am utterly convinced of it. Once we're home and two hours have passed we're hungry again. It didn't use to be this way and it makes me angry every time I come here, really feels like they're trying everything to keep you from getting your money's worth. We used to come on evenings/weekends as well (costs almost twice as much) because it used to be worth it, but now we only ever come for lunch on weekdays.

Service has always been slow and somewhat rude, the location is remote and while it is possible, it's a hassle to get here by public transport. The place itself is huge and doesn't have a particularly nice atmosphere to it.
I'm giving it three stars because we still enjoy coming here every once in a while, but nowhere near the two-three times a month we used to. I hope someone from the restaurant reads this and makes some changes, because I know for a fact that we are not the only ones who think this way. They've lost a lot of customers already, and we'll be next if things don't start looking up.

• Visited April 2013