“Going downhill”

Ebi
Ranked #1,366 of 4,239 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Http://archiv.print-gruppe.com/data2/392/2011/10/tmp/20_392_2011_10.pdf
“Going downhill”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

If I'd reviewed this a year ago, it would have gotten five stars, but things keep changing for the worse every time we visit.

It's probably still the best sushi in the city, but the quality has gone downhill since the opening and it can't be compared to what it used to be. While the concept is still great, it is now the best thing about the place. I don't know what they've changed, but the sushi tastes sweeter than it used to, and I've noticed that while we used to eat a good 6 courses when we first started eating here, we can hardly get past 3 nowadays. There's something added to the food that makes you feel full, I am utterly convinced of it. Once we're home and two hours have passed we're hungry again. It didn't use to be this way and it makes me angry every time I come here, really feels like they're trying everything to keep you from getting your money's worth. We used to come on evenings/weekends as well (costs almost twice as much) because it used to be worth it, but now we only ever come for lunch on weekdays.

Service has always been slow and somewhat rude, the location is remote and while it is possible, it's a hassle to get here by public transport. The place itself is huge and doesn't have a particularly nice atmosphere to it.
I'm giving it three stars because we still enjoy coming here every once in a while, but nowhere near the two-three times a month we used to. I hope someone from the restaurant reads this and makes some changes, because I know for a fact that we are not the only ones who think this way. They've lost a lot of customers already, and we'll be next if things don't start looking up.

• Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vienna, Austria
“ALL YOU CAN EAT "ALA CARTE" STYLE”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Compare to other Asian fusion restaurants (specializing in Japanese food), this isn't your usual buffet or running sushi style but they offer a wide choice of dishes on their menu that you can order without any limit; well except for very few items like the grilled baby lobster and giant tiger prawns which can only be availed once or pay the extra portion. Their food is always cooked fresh and one can enjoy their very good quality of Sashimi, again without any limit. Service is fast and the staff are friendly. All in all, highly recommendable!

• Visited April 2013
Vienna, Austria
“A must go if you like asian food!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The best Asian restaurant I've been to. The food is great (it's and "all you can eat a la carte") and they really cook it well. To put it in another way, it’s the only Asian restaurant I’ve seen to be visited by many other Asians :)
Service is quite fast. There is a room with toys for the children so you leave them there and sit by an really enjoy it. There is a large parking space in front so no problem to park. There are a lot of tables inside also all sizes and if you make a larger gathering they will make a BIG table. It's cheaper to go during the day.
It's not a fancy place but it is delicious and we visit it quite often.
One more word - enjoy :_)

• Visited January 2013
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Too much sugar in the rice and fish”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I love the "all you can eat" concept but this place was disappointing. The sushi was more like a dessert than a main course. Was very sweet, specially the rolls with tuna, don't know what they put in it but we didn't like it. We ordered a standard number of dishes but some came really big, like the radius of tea mug for example and more so we found it hard to eat it all (we had to pay 2 EUR for every peace left). So my advise is to order very little try it and then decide if you like it and how much would you be able to eat.

• Visited December 2012
Vienna, Austria
“This is just "all you can eat", nothing special, lot of MSG”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is just served all you can eat, like running sushi, ambiance is like train station, but they cock most thing fresh.
But they are not varying the souces so the tast is same for most food and my wife and me we had some problems, which normally occurs when MSG (Glutamat,Geschmacksverstärker) is used to much.
So if you are not allergic to that, than its ok.

• Visited January 2013