“Best beer in Vienna”

Cuisines: Austrian, German, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Two friends and I ate at this restaurant after a recommendation from our tour guide (Vienna Explorer Wine and Bike Tour) and it was an excellent pick! I tried the Marzen beer which was excellent as was the Dunkles. After trying several different types of beer in Austria and being disappointed by the lack of taste and body, I was thrilled to find the beer at 7 Stern Brau! I ordered the spatzel which was one of my favorite dishes during my two week trip to Europe. I ordered the regular portion which was way too much food ... even with my friends enjoying a bunch of it! The atmosphere was that of a typical brewery ... crowded and loud! We enjoyed checking out all the old beer labels on the walls! Make sure to save some cash for the vending machine on the way out. Read the directions first though. We ended up losing some money because we didn't, but the manager came out and helped us get our money back which was very nice!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,200)

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We decided to go looking only on many positive comments on tripA. Service was nice but food not for human. We ordered spareribs and knuckle pork with different beers and salads. The portion size was huge but I could not knock a fork into meat, ribs probably was cooked few days before serving, brrr. Maybe original Austrian cousin is good (I do not know) but what we ordered was disgusting!

My personal opinion: certainly do not go there if you have a taste and love good food.
And never believe only in positive comments, look also at negative.
Margaret

1  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

It's all about the beer! Let's face it, once you have the schnitzel and the potato salad, you are really in vienna for the beer and strudel.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We visited Siebensternbrau last week and had a great time. We did not order dinner - just some appetizers and beer. Everything we had was great. The restaurant was quite busy and clearly popular with the locals. The bartender spoke English quite well and was very helpful discerning the menu. There was also no smoking indoors which was a plus for us. Overall it was a great experience.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had read mixed reviews of this famous establishment and it was certainly worth the visit as far as we were concerned. OK, it's geared up for tourists but the service was swift and polite, the food was decent and it was definitely good value. The highlight was the beer particularly the chilli beer which is a little prickly but with a really nice finish. The IPA was equally drinkable. My CAMRA mate recommended the 7 Stern Brau and now know why.