“Not what we expected..”

Cuisines: Austrian, German, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I visited 7 Stern Brau in 2008 for the first time and i can assure you that there is nothing in common with that 7 Stern Brau that i visited again one month ago...I dont know what happened but there is a great difference between the 2008 beerhouse and the 2012's.First of all the beers where just good..Not great as they used to be, neither terrible..just ok...Secondly the schnitzel was tasteless, the vienna sausages where unacceptable, the potato salad had the same mess, the pork was in a higher level than the rest...It also didn't have anymore the goulash soup which was amazing..in conclusion the stuff was lacking in quality and readiness.It was one of the best bierhouses in Wienna and now it is just a disappointment..

2  Thank Nancy K
Write a ReviewReviews (2,197)

Reviewed January 12, 2013

After having a catastrophic experience at the Twelve Apostles Keller ( whatever you do, don't make the mistake of visiting this restaurant)-its a total catastrophe (have written a review with my comments)!
I vowed to never eat meat again!

Reluctantly we took the advise of a friend and visited the 7 stars Brewery.

Personally, I give it all full stars for hospitality, ambience, service, quality of food and value for money!

I had the best meal of my time in Austria!

Service with a smile, with hugh portions of juicy meats and delivery of exactly what the menu described!

I will definitely be back! It was great and I left with a happy and full stomach!

2  Thank Stephc848
Reviewed January 6, 2013

A relaxed, authentic place. Pork knuckle great for two. Kids sausage and mash eaten up. Beers tasty. Deserts ok. You may want to book to guarantee a table.
Take away beer from vending machine for later!

2  Thank Mickey361
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Best of the Austrian beers we had on our recent trip....especially liked the dark Marzen....son enjoyed the IPA a great deal. Food was decent....typical Austrian comfort food for lack of a better term (schnitzel, sausage entrees and such). Service was slowish...but the place was extremely crowded...loud pub atmosphere. Recommended...especially for the beer.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

From all seven beers my husband eventually chose one kind - a good one, but I mean all the fuss for just one... From all my trips I learnt - there always is a moment that everybody is hungry and tired and has no energy to go to some specific place but just to fall into the first closest option. But in this trip my husband tried very hard to reach 7 Stern no matter from where because of the reviews. Apparently it was worthwile because it was really really cheap but not that special to do all the way from some far point in Vienna like we did.