“We enjoyed the show.”

Wiener Royal Orchester
Ranked #219 of 815 things to do in Vienna
More attraction details
Owner description: The "Vienna Royal Orchestra" presents in the course of the Gala one for Vienna unique selection of "Viennese music", with pieces from Mozart, Strauss, Lanner and Haydn, symbols of an era that filled hearts with emotions, warmness, romance and passion. Accompanied by Vienna opera singers and the Viennese dancers, the audience will be fascinated by this "most charming" music.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I see some cranky reviews...Travel is always so hard...
this wan't a ripoff. I bought the tix from a guy in a costume on Stephensplatz...I was grateful there was any show! My wife and I got what we expected, a respectable show put on by entertainment professionals. Their brochure and website SAYS they are the second level and substitutes, but it gave us a fun evening of competent music, dancing and light opera.
The critics should stay home and get over the jetlag before writing reviews...

1  Thank Snowpiste
in 4 reviews
"gold"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The musicians were okay. Not awesome, not horrible. The thing that made us feel tricked was the way the guy sold us the tickets. IT IS NOT a world class orchestra, ballerina, opera singer or whatever these guys are tying to sell it as. It is a bizarre mix of opera, ballet and music. Like a buffet. Okay if you want to have a taste of what music might sound like. But if you think you're in for a real concert in a serious concert hall, then think again.. You are not. Do avoid. It's not the musicians, it's the selling and stuff. Oh, and the most magnificent building of the imperial era is sure not a school chapel.. Go for a palace, maybe?

All in all, not worth the money. Feel bad for those who got like the golden or imperial (70-90€?) ticket... We paid 35€ and that was at least 20€ too much. ....

3  Thank Rottalainen
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Considering the price of the tickets - 49 euros (and those were the middle-priced ones) - this concert was a huge disappointment. As others have said, it was like sitting in a school assembly hall - hard chairs, no grading of seats, so the view of the stage was very limited. The small orchestra (10 members) played well, the 2 singers and 2 ballet dancers all performed well, but they were totally let down by the inferior venue. Had I only paid 10 euros, I would have been happy to attend a concert in such a poor venue, but considering the price, and the glossy nature of the marketing, I felt I had been ripped-off. I would not recommend this event to anyone.

3  Thank Maija223
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We wished we had read the reviews for this before being sucked into the scam. It took us over 1/2 hr just to find the venue as it was not well lighted. The staff was so rude and obnoxious! We were forced to remove and checkin our coats and bag at a cost of €1 per item. The venue is similar to 1 small gym room with school chairs, terrible, such a scam. Shocking! Avoid at all cost, don't waste your valuable time!!

5  Thank ynv009