“nice pastries and varieties of coffee”
Review of Cafe Museum

Cafe Museum
Ranked #11 of 145 Coffee & Tea in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: Café Museum has been a location frequented by many geniuses of the 20th century. Since its inauguration in 1899 it has been a meeting point for painters, writers, composers and architects. Mid 2010 Café Museum was taken over by Berndt and Irmgard Querfeld. The importance of a high level comfort is something the Querfeld family have always been very aware of and therefore they have decided to restore the original Zotti design back to its original glory.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Place is spacious inside and u can sit outside.. good coffee free wifi wat else you need.. It was nice experience trying hot chocolate with Rum and chocolate cake.. i dint get enought time to try other things..

Write a ReviewReviews (1,120)

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Good service and ambience. Good choice of cakes (of course!) and also smaller snacks, as well as larger meals, all of very good quality.

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Today i was Here and Sit outside....ordered Latte machiato tasted so great and so different than another Café Place,but the Price is so much expensive also....Service is great,the Young man is so friendly to me.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Cafe Museum is a large Viennese cafe located a block from both the State Opera House and the Museum Quartier. The food is actually pretty good, but I am not a huge fan of the coffee and cakes.

For lunch, I started with the fresh spring salad with sprouts, radish, walnuts, goat cheese and raspberry vinegarette. This salad had funky dressing and cheese. I did not enjoy it.

For my main course, I tried the asparagus sandwich which had white asparagus and an omelette inside of it. This was an open face sandwich which was interesting. It was good.

I also tried the club sandwich as well as the ham and cheese sandwich. The club was pretty good and the ham sandwich was okay. I recommend trying out the club sandwich.

For dessert, I had the Schokoccino which is basically half hot chocolate and half cappacinno. This was okay. I did appreciate the fact that they had lactose-free milk. I also tried the hot chocolate and thought it was okay, considering it is supposed to be their specialty.

Unfortunately, I was very disappointed in the cakes. The truffletorte cake did not taste fresh at all.

Overall, I had a positive experience with good service for such a large cafe. The food was pretty good, but the cakes and coffee were not. Therefore I recommend checking this place out for lunch only.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a cute little café that is very centrally located. We enjoyed some of their delicious cakes and we highly recommend that you treat yourself to something at café museum.