“Beware disappointing!”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Funfhaus
Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

We selected this restaurant as a result of reading reviews and was looking fo spoil my father on his birthday.
Upon entering the restaurant it was beautifully decorated and looked good however it was completely empty. No problem we felt, as we were eating early perhaps we would be looked after, how wrong we were! The waiter was very miserable and not at all welcoming, did not explain the dishes very well, was quite curt and appeared impatient and indifferent to us actually being there.
The food was ok however two main courses of swordfish were undercooked and rubbery in texture. The potato foam my parents had with their meals well..... not sure what this was meant to be and only glad that they had ordered another dish of rosemary potatoes which were delicious and the grilled vegetables too.
SUMMARY Poor service, no ambience,all in all overrated and overpriced. Serious thought should be given before going to this restaurant when there must be many many other restaurants offering better value, food and with a happier atmosphere.
We do eat out at many 'different' restaurants at both ends of the spectrum and this has to be one of the poorest. Such a shame as we are only in Vienna for 2 nights and had great expectations, it was embarrassing as we went out of our way and took a 20 minute taxi journey to get there with my parents. We left promptly after the main course and had dessert with coffee at Cafe Central. There we were welcomed and looked after very well.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed October 17, 2018

Shared a fantastic sea bass dinner with my wife after a long shopping day up Mariahilfer StaBe. A few zig and zag manouvers allowed us to find the restaurant in a quiet neighbourhood. The fish was perfectly prepared and was so filling we could have done without the equally great pasta and rice.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 10, 2018

I had an excellent dinner at this place. My order of tuna carpaccio (appetizer) and grilled mediterranean sea bass (entree) were delicious, very fresh and splendidly cooked and served. I also enjoyed a complementary tuna terrine that was also delicious.

I let the owner advice me to pair my order with some Croatian wines (which I am not familiar with), and his recommendations were divine.

I will be here again during my next trip to Vienna.

Highly recommended!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch. Only one there? Waiter was very friendly and efficient which saved them from a poor rating. Pleasant seating outside on a hot afternoon. Annoying bees & flies. Excellent amuse tuna spread. My “grilled “ swordfish was undercooked and very tough. Waiter insisted that it was grilled on open flame, but there were no grill marks on the fish?? Was close to Stadthalle hotel so convenient but I wouldn’t go back again in future.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

After eating Central European food I needed fish. I was not certain a Croatian restaurant in city center Vienna was the right choice. A Vienna friend highly recommended. OMG- fresh fish was brought to the table so you could select.
The fish could be grilled, steamed, or baked in salt.
Outrageous with an excellent selection of Croatian wines.
I will definitely be back again

Date of visit: July 2018