“Hidden gem”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Funfhaus
Reviewed October 17, 2018

Shared a fantastic sea bass dinner with my wife after a long shopping day up Mariahilfer StaBe. A few zig and zag manouvers allowed us to find the restaurant in a quiet neighbourhood. The fish was perfectly prepared and was so filling we could have done without the equally great pasta and rice.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 10, 2018

I had an excellent dinner at this place. My order of tuna carpaccio (appetizer) and grilled mediterranean sea bass (entree) were delicious, very fresh and splendidly cooked and served. I also enjoyed a complementary tuna terrine that was also delicious.

I let the owner advice me to pair my order with some Croatian wines (which I am not familiar with), and his recommendations were divine.

I will be here again during my next trip to Vienna.

Highly recommended!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch. Only one there? Waiter was very friendly and efficient which saved them from a poor rating. Pleasant seating outside on a hot afternoon. Annoying bees & flies. Excellent amuse tuna spread. My “grilled “ swordfish was undercooked and very tough. Waiter insisted that it was grilled on open flame, but there were no grill marks on the fish?? Was close to Stadthalle hotel so convenient but I wouldn’t go back again in future.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

After eating Central European food I needed fish. I was not certain a Croatian restaurant in city center Vienna was the right choice. A Vienna friend highly recommended. OMG- fresh fish was brought to the table so you could select.
The fish could be grilled, steamed, or baked in salt.
Outrageous with an excellent selection of Croatian wines.
I will definitely be back again

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed April 17, 2018

Close to the Stadhalle and train station, this restaurant offers a fantastic eating experience. Upon entering the ultra friendly waiter greeted and seated us very quickly. Got us menus and drink orders done an the food order taken.

Upon ordering, it took about an hour for our starter to arrive. In between we were given a tuna pate which was marvelous and when our starter of grillled octopus arrived, you could not have asked for more.

Then we waited, and waited, and waited. However when our main courses did arrives, again the food was out of this world. I had the seafood plate, the wife the calimari and our daughter the swordfish steak. We could not fault anything about it.

Overall the food was absolutely fantastic.

It being a Sunday and we were the only ones except for a table of 9, I think the service was very very slow. However I will not fault the freshness of the food.

I would say that if you know there is a concert on, maybe try and increase your staff for the occasion.

Date of visit: April 2018