Hotel Fuerst Metternich
$188
Agoda.com
$255
  • Restaurant
All reviewscafe rittergreat locationshopping streetmaria hilferstrassehotel barminor issuehistorical buildingreception staffmetro stationnice hotelcity breakwalking distancebars and restaurantsminute walkquiet at nightwifi connectioncomfortable stay
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The location was perfect.Hotel room was big , clean, and hot enough. Good value but not the best restaurant they have.We stayed only for 1 night ads just for the location.Christmas time for shopping is a great choice.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights on a family road trip to central Europe. The hotel location is wonderful, but the hotel itself is not that great, parking is a challenge and very expensive, and be aware that the parking is paide on 24 hours baseis, it means that if you stay 24 hours and 10 min. in the parking you shall pay for 2 days! (bitten by that!!!)
The rooms are clean and our receptionist welcomed us warmly, there is a little toiletry package in the room that is very nice and handy.
The rooms are not air conditioned so we had a hard time sleeping.
There are plenty of cafe and restaurants around, so you have several choices but be aware that the KFC nearby is a crapy place with rude staff!
You probably would enjoy the hallways decorations and its cleanliness.
Not sure to stay again in summer but it would be another story for the winter!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I was looking for a hotel that had a great location, no frills and a good value and the Hotel Furst Metternich was perfect. It is yards away from the Underground that will take you anywhere in Vienna. I only have GREAT things to say about the staff. Every person working the front desk was a pleasure to deal with and bent over backward for my friend and I. We needed a fan in the room, and it was brought to us in minutes. The place was clean, had a safe, free wi-fi and a TV. We weren't looking for anything glitzy and this was perfect. The only downside for me was the bed was sagging and not comfortable. When I did finally sleep, I was fine. BONUS: There's an awesome food store just next to the hotel and that's where we bought our breakfast daily. I LOVE this hotel and only have great things to say about it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Nice place to stay in the cooler months of the year. August was just too hot.
We stayed for one night in 2 rooms then travelled around, returning for another before departure to London. For the second one night stay, we arrived early afternoon but were still given possibly the worst rooms. It was so hot that we had to have window wide open and sleep without covers. Unfortunately room no 8 has a window onto the central courtyard. So we were woken at five AM with staff preparations for the day - then sounds of deliveries and then staff chatter and the noise of washing up wafted up for the rest of the morning. Another minor point was the need to renew the wi-fi password every 7 hours - a little unnecessary.

Staff, however were very friendly and the location very good.

Room Tip: Don't have room 7 or 8
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Pros: 1) Very friendly and helpful receptionists who warmly greeted me upon my arrival and helped me book a few day tours, 2) A 20-second walk to a Zieglergasse U-Bahn station, which is another short train ride away from Westbahnhof and Stephansplatz (the two main train stations), 3) Close to shops and restaurants.

Cons: 1) As I stayed in this hotel during July, it was summer in Vienna. There is no air-conditioning inside the rooms and I was slightly disappointed to be told that they had ran out of fans. So sleeping in the muggy heat was not very pleasant. 2) The Wifi pass code that you get given ‘expires’ after every 8 hours, so you will need to get a new code from reception every time it expired. This became slightly tedious. 3) The room I stayed in, Room 26, had a narrow-ish walk way and not too much room to leave my luggage and personal belongings around. Then again, I didn’t spend all my time in the hotel room so it didn’t matter in the end. 4) The decor could do with some re-furnishing. A part of the wall in my room was cracked and marked in some places, the lamp was broken and parts of the desk were chipped.

However, I’ve been told that it is hard to get reasonably priced accommodation in Vienna so this place was good value for the length of my stay (4 nights). I would stay here again the next time I'm in Vienna, but definitely not during summer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo