I stayed at the Hotel City Central in Vienna in late May 2013. I selected this hotel after lots of research on Tripadvisor.
I chose this hotel because of location, price, and its ability to handle car parking.
The hotel location is great, just a block walk down to a bridge which takes you into the city center. As others have mentioned, this hotel has an old world style. We had a small double room. The twin beds were situated on either side of the room. The room is decorated with wood, which really gives it an old world charm. The bathroom was nice size. The room and bath were very clean.
The hotel has a fabulous breakfast buffet which was included in our room rate. A full selection of typical European breakfast items, plus hotel items such as scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. The buffet itself occupies a large dining hall, and there is adjoining dining room set with probably about 30 tables. The morning we were there was busy, with some people having to wait for a table, or take their breakfast elsewhere to eat.
The front desk staff is particularly helpful. I had developed a head cold and needed some cough syrup. The previous night, I had seen an apothecary just across the bridge, and was going to head over there. The clerk instead directed me to one which was closer, just a few doors down from the hotel. After returning to the hotel, I realized the directions on the bottle of cough syrup were in German, so I had no idea on dosing. The desk clerk again was there to help me understand the dosing.
This hotel is a good value for Vienna. It is not in the city center, but just a moment's walk across the bridge and you are there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The name already reveals much about the smart Hotel City Central’s advantages. The central location near the 1st District, the historic centre of Vienna, coupled with the employees’ typical Viennese charm and a perfect price-performance ratio, distinguish this hotel. Behind the stylish facade, guests find a perfect refuge for their stay in Vienna. 58 rooms and three individual apartments in a nearby building are all convincing thanks to modern comforts such as air conditioning, FLAT TV with Sky programs, and WLAN (free of charge). A special attraction is the Winter Garden with its pyramid-shaped glass roof where a rich and varied breakfast is served. Covered parking spaces are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel City Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Appartements City Central
- Appartements City Central Hotel
- Best Western Vienna