“A New Name Added in the List”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel City Central

Hotel City Central
Ranked #56 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
GreenLeadersBronze level
India
“A New Name Added in the List”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have visited a number of places in Europe and had added only few names to my book-list. Hotel City Central is among one of my favorite destinations, which I have discovered recently. I stayed here with my cousins for three nights in May 2012 and all of us had no complaints. Staff is outstanding and will go out of the way to help you. Décor of the room as well as the building is fabulous. Location is perfect that is away from the crowds of old city. Buffet breakfast which included free champagne was served in a pretty dining room. It was really one of the best. Above all, the high quality services offered at reasonable prices impressed me a lot. I will surely recommend this name to my friends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nisha M
linda_labschuetz, Internet Guest Relation Manager at Hotel City Central, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Nisha M,

Thank you for adding us to your book-list and recommending us to your friends.

We are delighted to learn about your experience and thank you for your nice comments.

We wish you a beautiful year 2013 and remain,

with best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wisconsin, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I booked this hotel with a deal through HRS. I chose it for its location close to the city center and for the good reviews I saw on tripadvisor. I was not disappointed. Within 30 minutes of arrival, I had obtained a sim card for my phone from a shop across the street and some small necessities from the grocery store located right next door. After a short nap, where I was not awakened by the daytime street noise outside my window, I walked across the bridge and hopped on Tram 1 for a short evening ride to the Christmas market at the town hall. For the rest of my three nights there, I walked everywhere, including back to the town hall market. The hotel is ideally situated for exploring the city and enjoying the museums and cafes.

My first morning, I was very pleasantly surprised by the hotel's breakfast. It had everything you could desire including sparkling wine. There was an excellent selection of hot and cold items to chose from including cold cuts, cheeses, fruit, yogurts, breads, pastries, soft-boiled and scrambled eggs, plus hot breakfast meats. I don't remember when I have seen such an extensive display of items to choose from in a hotel of this rating.

Staff in the breakfast area were very attentive and made sure that tables were cleared and reset and food and drink items were restocked. Cleaning staff was efficient and I was never bothered by them. Everyone that I dealt with at the front desk was friendly and most helpful.

I especially appreciated the free wifi that was available in the rooms. The signal was strong and available when I needed it. I was able to access my online public library back home in the States and download five books before leaving the hotel to use on the rest of my trip. I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again when in Vienna.

The hotel is easy to reach from the airport using the underground system. The trip cost only 4 euros. When I left the hotel, I joined a Danube river cruise. The city port area is not far from the hotel and can be reached by the underground. I actually ended up walking to the ship with my roll aboard bag after picking up another friend at a hotel closer to the port. I wouldn't recommend walking if you have more luggage, especially since the underground is convenient and even a taxi should be inexpensive given the short distance to the port.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank travellady83
Dear travellady83,

We are pleased to read that you chose to stay with us after reading the reviews of other guests which already visited us and thank you for reviewing us too.

We really appreciate your nice compliments which have been passed to the entire staff. Thank you.

Wishing you a nice year 2013, we remain,

with best regards from Vienna
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have stayed here for 2 nights. location is great. close to center and metro station but there is no noise isolation in the rooms at all. we heard everything from next room and also from upper room.
>> very disappoint point was, the cleaning lady started to clean and hover the rooms as of 8.00 am and we couldn't sleep due to cleaning noise at all!!!

also, in the morning, we had to wait 20 minutes to get a table for breakfast.there was not enought tablets and chairs!!

Weird enough, there were not enough toilet papers and they did not replenish it either!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Compasser
Dear Compasser,

Thank you for writing about your impressions.

We are very sorry to learn that you could not enjoy your Vienna stay since you had no restful nights. Please do accept our sincere excuses.

Your critic regarding the cleaning noise and the missing replenishment has already been passed to our housekeeping department. Again sorry.

We place great emphasis on service and quality, and really regret that we did not offer you a nice stay.

We hope you will give us yet another opportunity to convince you.
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Alassio, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is in a very convenient area just steps from the historic centre and Schwedenplatz U-bahn station. Pleasant and professional welcome on our arrival by the friendly and multi lingual receptionist, with warm drink and efficient formalities.
Hotel lobby and common areas are moderately spacious and furnished, reflecting the old, possibly historic nature of the building and a balanced budget approach. Rooms are generally pretty small (even though some standard corner rooms are very spacious... To the dismay of a friend who had booked a Superior room only to find it smaller than the lucky one in the group who got the standard corner room!).
Good wooden furnishing; simple, but clean and well maintained bathroom, with modest hotel toiletries. Fitness room is minimalistic with two machines only.
In a room facing the inside, we often smelled smoke, probably coming from smoking rooms. Sound proofing is not good - we could hear all activity in the nearby and upstairs rooms.
Breakfast buffet is very nice, in a bright room with a good choice of cold and some warm food. Service for hot drinks a little slow although they are not short of waitresses.
Overall a good compromise, and kind service, but this hotel should probably be rated a three-star according to prevailing standards.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Roberto_NW_Italy
linda_labschuetz, Internet Guest Relation Manager at Hotel City Central, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Roberto_NW_Italy,

Thank you for posting your experience.

We are happy to learn that you were satisfied with your arrival and felt comfortable with the staff.

After reading your comments regarding the room categories we checked your bookings and our assignments. The standard room is definitely smaller than the superior one; however, the different room arrangement can lead to an optical illusion.

Your improvement suggestion regarding the service speed has been noticed.

We thank you for helping us control and improve our offer and hope you will give us a further chance to fully convince you.

In the meantime, we wish you a nice Christmas season.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

chose this hotel based on tripadvisor and couldnt be happier !

location is great just across the river from the ring stasse, and ubahn U4 station and tram line. Tram #2 stops just a little way past the hotel as well. So easy to get to the sights and importantly home again at nigth when tired.

We caught a cab from Hbhf but should have used the ubahn, (which is how we left) Take brown line and then green U4.

We had a room with sitting room that held the fold out bed for our teenager so was very spacious. Bathroom was great with good shower and space to the toilet.

Breakfast was included in our rate and was fantastic. Lots of hot and cold foods.

Staff were excellent, especially the breakfast manager always with a friendly hello.

Room Tip: ask for a smoke free floor as well as room. we had a street facing room but had no noise with windo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear RobRb,

We are pleased to read that choose to stay with us based on the TripAdvisor reviews and that your expectations were completely fulfilled.

We appreciate your praise and wish you a Merry Christmas.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed here in July. I was concerned about being across the river since so much of our activity would be on the other side. But it was great! The hotel is barely a block from the bridge and the walk was easy. On top of that, it was less expensive and the accommodations were superb! We had a lovely room, the breakfasts were filling, and the staff was the best. We wer off the beaten path and didn't have the usual noise of being on the other side. The walk was easy and convenient. I highly recommend this hotel. Their sister hotels are across the river and one was down the street. We ate at the sister hotel down the street for an authentic Austian meal--it was somewhat expensive and too much food, but very good. The hotel staff recommended restaurants for us--actually called in to get us a reservation at a wonderful Italian place off the city center that was excellent--can't remember its name. Overall, it was a great chice for our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
linda_labschuetz, Internet Guest Relation Manager at Hotel City Central, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear gmfarfol,

thank you for posting your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us and really appreciate your compliments.

Wishing you a nice Christmas season, we remain,

with best regards from Vienna
Bucharest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I spent a wonderful week at City Central Hotel. I really loved the hotel: great location with lots of shops and restaurants, friendly and helpful staff, nice and clean room and very good breakfast. I will come back at this hotel for sure! Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Iulia17,

We are delighted to learn about your experience and really appreciate your praise.

We thank you for recommending us and wish you a very nice Christmas season.