“Small, comfortable hotel but far from city center.”

Austria Trend Hotel Bosei Wien
Ranked #199 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Service was wonderful. There's free Wi-Fi in the lobby. Room was of standard size but older design, both the beds and pillows were comfy though! We really enjoyed the breakfast here! There were many options to choose from: great pastries and bread, deli meat and seafood (salmon), different types of yogurt, cereals, etc. They were all pretty much good. The only bad thing we have to say about this hotel is its location! It's far from the city center! Although there's a railway station 15 minute walk from the hotel, I'd rather stay somewhere closer to the city center if we visit Vienna again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 22, 2013

The room was nice and big, with a tea maker, cups and tea bags. Stuff was helpful, check in very fast. There is parking direct in the front of the hotel for free!
The only thing we didn't like was the distance to the centre.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I always ask myself if people really can be trained into making feel guests welcome, or if it is something that needs to come naturally. The jury is still out.
In this hotel, there were two people who really made me feel welcome. There was a young man at the reception who took a long time explaining me how to get to Vienna Center, and there was the waiter in the bar, who didn't do anything extraordinary, but just made me feel at ease. Then, there was the reception manager; I was waiting to check in. His colleague was busy, he came into reception, had a look around, saw me waiting and disappeared. And the receptionist, when I checked out; He commented 'How can this be, i don't have a clue" looking at my reservation. Then made the bill. He did not ask how my stay was, did not say goodbye, nothing.
Beside all this, in the room, there was a strong smell of fried food, I had to close the window. Then the room was very warm and the airco was not working. On the good side, the room was quite large and clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room out of the kitchen smells
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Over a long stay, there were few things that made me rate it as average. Cleaning was not all days adequate: baskets not emptied, WC not perfectly sanitized. The food in the restaurant is good and staff is polite. Wi Fi is free but often cut due to technical issue (when I called the reception, they had to reset the router, but happened quite often). There is a nice gym and tennis courts really close to the hotel. Parking is fine and free. Positioning is good for accessing motorways, avoiding city traffic.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I travelled with a Cosmos group and stayed here for one night in October 2013 and I felt it was the worst hotel we stayed in by far.

The hotel is located miles away from the heart of the city near a golf course, which I guess is great if you are there to play golf but we weren't. The hotel was old and shabby and stank of cigarettes which is unique to this hotel I must say.

We arrived early evening and had to eat before we went out. I went to the hotel restaurant hoping to buy dinner but I couldn't find anyone to serve me at all. I went for a walk to another part of the floor that was also labelled as a restaurant but it was dark and closed. I waited about 10 mins and left. I then went next door to the golf course (?) building where there is a restaurant and tried to get served there. I couldn't find anyone to serve me there either. In the end I walked down the hill and found a little cafe to grab a quick bite to eat at.

There was no free WiFi to the hotel. I feel that in this day and age WiFi should be included in room tariffs.

the shower was the absolute worst. It was the shower from hell. There was a shower nozzle that fits into the holder on the wall. Technically this shower nozzle should be placed in the holder and face downwards so that you can stand underneath it and get wet. Our shower nozzle didn't have the fitting on the end of it that allowed this to happen and as a result the water sprayed up into the air and because water was coming out of it, it started to rotate. This sent water flying all over the bathroom making a terrible mess and dangerously slippery. I thought it might have been just our shower that did this but others in my group reported the same problem.So perhaps it is standard to the hotel or at least common to the hotel. They seriously need to update their shower fittings. I ended up having to wash my hair with one hand and hold the shower nozzle with the other. Not easy when yo have long air and really unacceptable.

There were signs posted in the hotel warning us of robberies and suggesting we not keep anything valuable in our room.

I was glad we only stayed there one night. I found the hotel to be old, smelly and too far out of town to be a viable place to stay unless you just want to go and play golf.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else to get a good room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jetadventureguru
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I’ve stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions.

Normal sized rooms, perfectly clean, good beds and good value for money. Sometimes this is exactly what you need.

Will be an advantage if you have a car, since the hotel is located way outside Vienna.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with golf course view.
Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank mlinh
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed here this past summer with our Cosmos Group!! Although we took a taxi to get to the main attractions...it was great!! (We chose to take a taxi due to limited time in Vienna not sure if there was a metro close) The hotel was very nice, very clean and comfortable! :) The Breakfast was also large and very good! The staff was also very nice and helpful! Our room overlooked where the golfers practiced and was also nice because there was a nice view of the city. Overall a great stay and in the future we would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family