I stayed at Vienna Austria Trend Lassalle Hotel for several days in October 2010.
I found an excellent low price online, reflecting the fact that the hotel is situated far outside the main tourist areas of the city, in a mixed area of working-class apartments and recently-constructed business offices just a block from the Danube. However, the metro entrance is about an 8-minute walk away (a bus also goes to the metro entrance); and the metro line is a straight shot down to Schwedenplatz and Stephansplatz.
- I am pretty sure the clerk gave me an upgrade from the standard rooms to a business room (top floor, filled with sunlight) when I checked in -- but she didn’t mention that she had done so.
- in-room internet access included in the room rate (although website was confusing on this point; I asked the desk staff twice on different days about internet access and was told that standard rooms have free wired access while business rooms have free wireless access; although I paid for a standard room, I believe I was on a business floor, and I only had free wireless access -- I tried the wired connection but couldn’t get any signal); note that free internet access seems to be unusual for Vienna hotels
- very clean room
- large bed
- smooth, fast check in and check out
- no ventilation! -- it was a non-smoking room, but cigarette smoke filtered into the room during the night; the only options were to open the windows and/or turn on the desk fan provided in the room (I suspect this room would be unbearable during the hot summer months)
- inadequate soundproofing; I could distinctly hear my neighbor’s snores unless I turned on the fan
- minibar refrigerator did not work -- temperatures in the minibar were just barely lower than room temperature (I requested a room change because of this but was told that the minibars in the other rooms were also like this and that I could ask the bartender to hold my items in the bar’s refrigerator if necessary)
- safe did not seem to work
- upholstery on the chairs was looking a bit worn, although the carpet seemed much newer
- fluorescent lighting in the bathroom was too dim for a good shave
- no fitness room (desk clerk was able to suggest a fitness center some distance away for 15+ euros access, but I found a less-expensive alternative on my own)
- no iron/ironing board in room (a widespread problem in Vienna), although there was a trouser press (which I didn’t attempt to use)
- although the bed was large, the duvet was only single-sized and there was only a single, very thin and uncomfortable pillow (basically negating most of the benefits of having a large bed)
- large supermarket, also a nearby pharmacy, just about a block away, en route to the metro entrance
- very tasty, fairly inexpensive (for Vienna) low-key Indian-style food about a block away -- had two nice lunches there
- beautiful, apparently fairly recently-constructed cathedral about a 5-minute walk away, north of the metro entrance, just off the Danube (I didn’t see any mention on this cathedral in the tourist books)
Would probably stay at this hotel again if hotels closer to the center were heavily booked with accordingly higher prices. However, do not expect any luxuries at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right in the heart of Vienna's richly traditional 2nd district and directly on the U1 underground line: the Austria Trend Hotel Lassalle is the ideal base for any visit to Vienna – be it for business or pleasure. At night you will find total relaxation in our subtle yet modern rooms. In the morning a hearty and generous breakfast will give you a boost of energy and strength for your daytime activities.The Donauinsel and the Vienna Prater are simply perfect to relax and unwind and the Vienna city centre is only a short ride on the U1 underground line away – leading you straight to plenty of shopping opportunities, Vienna's cultural life and culinary delights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Austria Trend Hotel Lassalle Wien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Austria Trend Vienna