“Good, but far away..” 3 of 5 bubbles

Airo Tower Hotel
Ranked #334 of 367 Hotels in Vienna
“Good, but far away..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Besides the guy from the reception been not so friendly, you found here a nice place to stay. The worst problem is that it is away from downtown... The dorms are old but with a good heater system. The shower is not the best one, but it is ok.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
VIENNA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

The rooms and services are good.
Hotel location is good - easy to reach the center by car / tram / metro.
We'll come again in this hotel for the period 27.12 - 29.12.2012 and we'll reccomend also to our friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Good
Rooms are sufficient with nice bathroom. Beds are comfy. Breakfast also included scrambled eggs and sausages which were delicious!! Our room faced the an awesome view of garden beds and hills.

The Bad
No safe, location is FAR!, You will need to catch a train to the end of the red line, and then catch a tram to the end of the line!! It was quite depressing exiting the tram at 11:30pm at night, the whole place around the hotel is dead quiet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank m_marlee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

No hot water at 14th floor, very cold inside not to go with babies! The food is poor, the elevator it's so old, the atmosphere it's the one of a hostel...Very cheap one...I wouldn't go there again! You can find better hotels in Wien, so I don't recommend it.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Dan S

Travelers are raving about these Vienna hotels

Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel is situated out in the middle of nowhere near a senior citizen retirement area. The exterior of the hotel looks old and worn and I was oping this wasn't an indicator of what wouldbe inside.

I was surprised at how clean, modern and nice the reception area was and thought that the exterior was due to the weather. We were only given/allowed one key for the room as was our friend who was sharing with someone else. The old looking keys sould have been an indicator of what was install.

While the room appeared clean, it was sooooo hot I really couldn't focus on anything else. No air con, no fans.... Nothing! The bed was ok but the pillows were lumpy. We had for open windows to let in air which the let in an array of insects!

The bathrooms are old and need and update. The bath is high and hard to get in and out of, and I'm a tall young person so I don't know how anyone older or shorter would manage it! Our friends room was just as bad, stinking hot, the tiles in the bathroom were falling off the walls, and their shower head had no hook, so you had to hold it the whole time you were in the shower.

Things got worse when i tried to get some washing done, after asking two different people several times for the price list (and told it was in my room even though I kept saying no its not if it was I wouldn't be asking for it), the guy at reception just said it will be fine just give me the washing (normally I'd say no, but I was over it and needed washing done). I was told the washing would be in my room when i returned that day and not to worry.

When I returned to the hotel after a day of sightseeing In 37 degree heat, the washing wasn't in the room and we only had one bath towel and hand towel (for two people... You are supposed to get three, a bath towel, hand towel and washer thing), so I went downstairs to find out where the washing was and was told it was sent to the wrong room. I asked for a towel and explained we had one towel for two people and was told that house keeping had gone home for the day and I would need to wait till the morning. I asked again and again for a just one towel and was told no every time!!! I then got my washing and the bill... 126.30 Euro!!! I was furious and asked to speak with a manager and of course no one was there to discuss it, so I have one towel and a massive bill for washing 7 shirts, a few pairs of shorts and a few pairs of undies! What the man failed to mention when inhanded over the washng was there was a 50% extra charge for washing on a Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was told we could sort it out the next morning with the manager... The next day came and of course no manager!!!! It's still an ongoing issue that the hotel didn't want a bar of and I have to follow up with emails if I want to get some reimbursement.

The best thing about this place was the restaurant. We had an amazing dinner at this place and the staff working in the bar section were very friendly and always helpful! The repast is average and it much to pick from.

Don't stay here is all I can say! It's too far out of the centre of Vienna and way way overpriced for what you get!! Too old and needs updating! And look out of you need a towel cos you won't get it!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away! Stay closer to town, this place is over priced and has no air con!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank GN V
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed for one night on 16 June 2012, and had one double room and one triple for the kids. They gave us rooms right next to each other, as requested, which was a big help. The rooms were large and clean, and we had none of the cigarette smoke or other odor problems reported by other reviewers. This hotel seems to be used heavily by tour groups. The breakfast was good and varied, with something for everyone. We used public transport (streetcar and metro) to get into the center of Vienna and back, which worked fine and took about 30-40 minutes. The desk staff was helpful, including with the explanation of getting into town and back.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor, and had no problems with smoke odor.
Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GWexford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

Maybe we caught them at a bad time but our group arrived at 5.30pm, were given our room keys only to find they had not been cleaned or made up. Several of our group got stuck in the lift for ten minutes on their way back to reception. Over an hour later they were finally ready however the overwhelming stench of body odour from the cleaners was repulsive. The rooms were otherwise comfortable apart from the usual lumpy European pillows. Morning time and no water to shower so we were issued a new room. We were able to shower but the ceiling in the bathroom was covered in mould. Breakfast was ordinary to say the least so we ate elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank 28DaysInEurope
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vienna
ibis Vienna Airport
#3 of 6 in Schwechat
Hotel Hahn
#239 of 367 in Vienna
Das Reinisch Hotel
#4 of 6 in Schwechat
Leopoldstadt
Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront

Been to Airo Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!