“Good value!”
Review of Hotel Nestroy

Hotel Nestroy
Ranked #183 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed here for two nights. The room was spacious, quiet and very clean. The staff was helpful and responsive. It is about a fifteen minute walk to the major sights and monuments, through the main pedestrian shopping district. Although 17 euros might be a bit too much for breakfast, the buffet was bountiful and included hot food in addition to the usual assortment of breads, rolls and cold cuts. This is not a luxury accommodation, but is great value for the comparatively low price. Highly recommended!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Sandra F

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We booked this hotel for 4 days, we booked the junior suite, we reached the hotel at 7 in the morning and had requested for an early check in but they allowed us to check in at 2, while others were allowed to check-in before time, when we confronted them they said that their room was ready and our room was not.
The room was good however the fridge was not working and when we requested them to check the fridge they said that the fridge will not work and there is nothing they can do about it and they also said that the fridge as not meant to keep our water bottles and other stuff . This was completely shocking as no hotel has this policy that you cannot keep things in the room fridge.
We wrote mails to their manager but his attitude seemed the same.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
imlauer, General Manager at Hotel Nestroy, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear value guest,
Thank you for your review.
I regret that you experienced some inconveniece during your stay with us.
Please note, that our official check-in time is at 2pm – if guests may arrive earlier then this we are always happy to check them in once the room is available – this is based on the occupancy of the last day and has really nothing to do with any preferences of any other guests.
For the Minibar, I can only tell you again that this is a service that our property provides to our guests – we therefore offer our drinks which are placed into the minibar – all our guests are able to use it for any other personal belongings on their own responsiblity – therefore we unfortunately can not take care of any „too hot or too cold“ preferences of any our guests, as the Minibars do have a temperature which might be higher then in regular fridges! I am sorry that your minibar apparently did not work at all – as mentioned we ordered a new one on the same day and it took 1 week in order to receive the new minibar. In addition you were offered a roomchange which you unfortunately declined,

best regards
Gerald Wlcek
Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I booked this property instead of staying at my usual Intercontinental. We took the train from the hotel and the underground. We found the hotel easily from the stop Taborstrabe. We were given a room on the 6th floor which had an attic style setting.
Very clean and quiet for our stay. Jennifer the front desk staff member was very helpful with our delayed luggage, she called on our behalf and ensured that the luggage was delivered to our room.
Overall a great hotel and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stayed from May 30 to June 2, 2014. The location of the hotel was great (15 min walk from the city centre). The bedrooms were basic and clean with good air conditioning. The room for our party of 3 was a great size. Our room opened to a shared balcony. Reception was friendly and always available. The hotel is located on a quiet street so we had no issues sleeping. The price of the hotel was reasonable for 3.

No swimming pool and did not utilize the restaurant so no rating available for those items (despite a rating given - unsure how to remove this)

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inside of the hote was quiet (not facing the road).
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stayed here just a few nights as tourists in Vienna. The hotel (which hardly seems to bear its own name, its essentially Imlauer) is a beautiful, wellkept property that conceals surprisingly well appointed, contemporary rooms. Ours was immaculate and fortunately very well airconditioned during a hot spell in Vienna. The breakfast seemed expensive, so we skipped it, but we seized an offer to forgo a day of housekeeping in exchange for five euros of credit at the hotel bar. Its extremely quiet, nice for folks seeking tranquility. Otherwise, we used no other amenities. A point is deducted for the location. Its in a residential neighborhood, so its neat to see kids heading to school in the morning, but otherwise its an urban neighborhood like any other. Its also several blocks to a metro stop, a long way with a suitcase. Tourists might appreciate something closer to the sights or transport options.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed on long weekend break and we where in the annex across the street. Our room was clean and had good air con which was needed in the hot weather.The bed was comfortable and there was little noise from the road outside.Some things were a little disappointing 1 plastic spoons for the tea 2 press the lift for second floor get out and you have to walk down stairs to get to your room.Take a sachet of coffee with milk added as you only get limited tea and coffee every day.3 Did feel a little bit out of it being in the annex ,all the facilitates are in the main hotel.
Not sure if its 4 star but this is the only hotel we have stayed in Vienna.
We did not eat in the hotel and every member of staff we met where helpful.
As has been mentioned before the location is great for tourist .

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear value guest,
Thank you very much for your review here on tripadvidor.
It was a pleasure, having you as our guests.
Please be assured that we do our very best in order to satisfy our guests in any situation, thank you for the comments mentioned, we will reconsider this in our next staff meeting.
It would be great to welcome you back again soon.
Best regards

Gerald Wlcek
Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Where do I start with this hotel? The positives
1. The bedroom was clean;
2. We slept soundly;
3. Most members of reception team were friendly and apologetic.

The negatives:
1. The safe didn't work;
2. The WIFI didn't work;
3. Complaints about points 1 and 2 were ignored for the entire duration of our visit;
4. One member of reception team was incredibly rude;
5. One of the two electrical sockets in the bedroom didn't work, meaning we couldn't charge both phones or iPads at the same time;
6. The shower has mould growing in it.

When we first arrived at the hotel and went to our room there was a ladder in the way of our room door, and on top of the ladder was a large bucket of white paint (see photo). Quite bizarre. The room itself was quite large and clean but as I mentioned, one of the sockets didn't work. Our biggest problems, though, were that the WIFI didn't work (our room seemingly was too far from the hub as the signal was there but not strong enough to work) and that the safe didn't work. We called reception who, in fairness, did send up an engineer to look at the safe, but he claimed to have fixed it and left before we realised it was still broken. Further calls to reception to get the safe looked at again were ignored. Instead we were advised to leave our passports and iPads with reception, which is far from ideal but was our best course of action.

I went down to leave my passport in the reception safe and greeted the receptionist with, "Hello, guten tag!" but the receptionist just glared at me without saying a word. She was the only rude member of staff but to ignore me quite so blatantly was really quite unacceptable indeed.

We expected that the safe would be fixed the next day but it wasn't. Reception did assure me it would be fixed before we left but this never happened. Apparently the technical person didn't turn up to work. On one evening we returned from our night out and needed our iPads but nobody was on reception so we had to sit around for about ten minutes. The receptionist had been on a security walk, which is fair enough, but when guests are forced to leave their belongings in the reception safe, there should always be someone on duty.

When I asked to speak to a manager about the few complaints I had, I was told that none was available but that someone would be there, on reception, from 8am the next morning. When I went down at 9am I was told that the manager inexplicably wasn't on duty, but I was given a business card so that I could email in with my concerns if I wanted. I was also offered a breakfast, which was nice, but was not what I wanted. What I wanted was a WIFI connection that worked, and the ability to safely store my belongings in my room in a secure way. We weren't even offered the option of a room swap, which would have been acceptable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close enough to the hub that the WIFI works.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple