$241
$583
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
1,697 results
All reviewsgreat locationwatch tvhigh ceilingssparkling winewalking distanceunderground stationring roadroom ratebreakfast was includedhotel restaurantbreakfast roombooked this hotellarge roomchristmas marketmini barjunior suitepublic transport
Reviewed April 8, 2013

style is very classic, location is perfect for business and leisure, breakfast was great, service as well - only the style's not mine (very old-fashioned but not outworn). negative: very bad WLAN-reception in my room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mi B
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After reading a number of reviews I was concerned about this hotel. I had reserved a very small room for myself, traveling alone, because although it was for business I was paying for it myself. When I checked in the staff offered me an upsell for 35 Euro per night and it was completely worth it. Especially since I was attending for a conference and the "conference special rate" was higher than what I paid. The room was large and comfortable, the bathroom was very nice, the staff was friendly and helpful. I thought the location was good. Its not right in the center of things, but a brisk 15 minute walk gets you right to the Albertina, and the U station is steps away if you don't want to walk or want to go farther. I thought the breakfast was pretty good, although the coffee at the breakfast was not. The wireless internet is frightfully slow, but okay if you are just going to check your email. Service was efficient. There is a pretty nice exercise room that I took advantage of only once, because it was cold and rainy that day.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Kraber, Kraber, on behalf of Michael Pohn, General Manager at Hotel de France at Hotel de France, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Guest!

Thank your very much for your detailed feedback.

I am pleased to hear that we could exceed your expectations and you liked the location.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is what you need in Vienna! Very nice location and helpful staff. I was amazed by the height of the ceilings in the rooms. Furniture is a bit old but has a real old style feel.
Breakfast is amazing!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator. Go for a room overlooking the back street. Rooms on the sixth floor have a view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tuareg_001

Dear Guest!

Thank you for this feedback!
We are proud of our old Viennese style with the modern amendities and we are glad, that the people like it.

We hope to welcome you again!

Best regards,

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The hotel was ok, big room.
We were double charged by this hotel. Unfriendly back office staff with unfriendly attitude.
No communication between nigh-day shift at the reception so don't expect too much from this unprofessional hotel and staff. They even hang up the phone if you want to ask about the double charge.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank CLAUDIU I
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Really lovely hotel in great location. Breakfast buffet was excellent offering hot and cold options. Our room was very spacious with two bathrooms and we were provided with bathrobes, nice touch. The room was very quiet at the back of the hotel but because of that was very dark with hardly any natural light. Overall really enjoyed hotel for comfort and location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynda C

Dear Guest!

I am pleased to read your feedback! Thank you!

We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Kind regards,