- The rooms are quite big but are completely old and a refurbishment is needed urgently.
- You can’t control the room temperature and we had to sleep with the window open because the temperature was completely high. Is completely bizarre because we went on December, and the temperature in Vienna is around 2-5 ºC!!
- The room has a strange smell, we supposed due to the old carpet and a questionable cleaning. I am sensible to the dust and in the night I had some minor breathe problems.
- As other reviews mentioned, the TV is a “vintage”. We don’t really care, but is funny to find this kind of TV in today’s hotels.
- The bathroom is quite modern (more than the room), has a great shower is everything you need.
- The breakfast is great! You can find almost everything you can expect. Juices, cereals, different breads, yogurts, cheese, ham, fruit, eggs, bacon, sausages, crepes….
In general the breakfast staff is not completely friendly, but we supposed is the Austrian style.
- The reception staff is quite friendly.
- Internet is included in the room, but is extremely slow, but enough to check the e-mail and the pages of the attractions.
- The best thing of the hotel is the situation. Close to main attractions, a metro station in less than 50 meters, with some good cafes and restaurants to eat.
If they make a renovation we’ll probably return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vienna City Hotel de France is the first address for an unparalleled holiday in Vienna, the capital of Austria. In this exclusive hotel no wish stays unfulfilled during your city trip to Vienna. The charming Hotel de France lies in Vienna’s first district right by the famous Ringstrasse, one of the most beautiful boulevards of the world. It is perfect for extensive shopping trips through Vienna. One of Vienna's landmarks the Stephans Dome - is situated in direct proximity to the hotel. Free Wi-Fi and hot buffet breakfast included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel de France reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De France Vienna
- Hotel De France Vienna