1,345 results
All reviews schonbrunn palace palace grounds park hotel city centre summer palace main building executive room guest house beautiful hotel underground station public transport room was large location is great christmas market mini bar air conditioning reception staff
Reviewed November 13, 2018 via mobile

Yesterday I walked out of a hotel for the first time ever. The problems started at reception. I had accepted the email invite to upgrade my room to an executive room for 22 euro per night. Reception knew nothing about this until I specifically asked, after they'd tried to flog me breakfast. I got no confirmation of the 'perks' I received with this, which was meant to include breakfast, a free welcome drink, and robes and Slippers. In fairness, when I entered the room I did notice a single slipper (used, I think) lying under the bed.... On top of that, there were also multiple stains on the furniture, including the bedding. After a curious welcome, I went to the bar for a burger and chips. They were Icarus'ed, and flew too close to the sun, a mere few minutes from becoming true embers. It was very disappointing.

The icing on the cake however, were the five bugs I had to kill during my one and only evening in the room. Whilst I am no expert in insects, these looked suspicious like cockroaches, although I'm happy to be corrected on this.

With that in mind, I spent a single night and left the following morning. In true form, poor customer service dictated I wasn't even asked why I was leaving early. I declined to offer why, and decided to voice my experience here instead. If you're tempted by this hotel, don't be.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
ParkhotelSchoenbrunn, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Austria Trend Parkhotel Schoenbrunn Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2018

Dear Jonnys,
we would like to thank you for choosing Austria Trend Parkhotel Schönbrunn for your stay in Vienna. We are also very grateful for your constructive feedback. We take every word very much to our heart to constantly improve ourselves and our complete offer as well as our service.
It is by no means our service standard that you have been treated unfriendly by staff, this is totally unacceptable. Friendliness and professionalism are our top issues. We are very sorry that this was not the case with you.
Of course, we can understand if in this regard you may not want to accept an apology. We promiss you that we will definitely discuss your situation with our employees.
Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. On behalf of the entire team, we sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well. rest assured, the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations.
We apologize again for the inconvenience caused to you.
Nevertheless, we would be very happy if someday we would welcome you again as our guest. Of course, we will do everything possible to make sure you enjoy your stay to the fullest.

Reviewed November 7, 2018

We chose this hotel because it was so close to the Zoo and the Schönbrunn palace. The Hietzing subway station is just 5 minutes away (on foot).

Overall, it's a great hotel, the rooms are spacious (we had an executive room, 40 square meters), clean and comfortable. It was the first time we had a bathroom without a toilet (the toilet is separate, just next to the room's door), we were a bit confused at first, but we got over it pretty quickly. The paint on the doors could use some refreshing every now and then, as it is chipped here and there and, in my opinion, this is not fit for a 4 star hotel. Just my 2 cents here :-)

The hotel staff were very nice and polite, and so were the waiters from the restaurant and the cafe. Thumbs up, nice people!

We would definitely go back there and we would definitely recommend it to other people.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
ParkhotelSchoenbrunn, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Austria Trend Parkhotel Schoenbrunn Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Dear Eugen,
first of all, we would like to thank you for staying in our Austria Trend Parkhotel Schönbrunn and for taking the time to rate your impressions. We are upfront with fair comments, positive as well as negative. As we always try to deliver exceptional services to our guests and make every stay a memorable one, we are very glad to read, that you had a pleasant time in our hotel.
Thank you for your feedback - we will discuss these points in our quality meeting to find possible future solutions.
If you are planning your next trip to your exciting city, we would be delighted to be your host again.

Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

We have our birthdays and wedding anniversary within several days of each other and decided we’d like to have a city break in Vienna. We secured a great deal on the Austria Trend Parkhotel Schoenbrunn and we were not disappointed. The hotel is fabulous. We enjoyed a beautiful room, a very large room with sofa, chairs and a balcony view towards the park.

The room was comfortable, clean and amazing really. The staff in the hotel were courteous, friendly and extremely helpful.

The location is great with access to the underground only 100m away and 15mins journey time to the heart of Vienna.

The Schoenbrunn Park is just across the road and absolutely beautiful. It’s large with extensive paths in all directions and well worth a walk. A visit to the palace is a must with majestic views and photo opportunities.

The hotel is in our opinion highly recommended for any stay in Vienna

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ParkhotelSchoenbrunn, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Austria Trend Parkhotel Schoenbrunn Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Dear Gordi,
thank you for choosing our Austria Trend Parkhotel Schönbrunnn for your recent travels to Vienna and taking time for your absolute positive review!
Commitment to service and guest satisfaction is a main focus and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. The pride and dedication our hotel team takes in providing exceptional customer service to our valued guests speaks strongly to our company’s core values, “good service at a fair price.”
Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback on Tripadvisor and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

I am staying in the hotel for the week for a conference. The hotel is wonderful with a very cozy atmosphere, very friendly and professional staff. The rooms are exceptional with high ceilings AC, coffee service. Huge bathroom and shower and separate old fashioned tub, separate room for the toilet,
The bed was very comfortable and large. The hotel is beside the Schoenbrunn Palace. The U4 train station is a 100 meters. The food in the hotel wonderful.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank lesyoung2012
ParkhotelSchoenbrunn, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Austria Trend Parkhotel Schoenbrunn Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2018

Dear guest,
we are pleased to welcome you as our esteemed guest in our Austria Trend Parkhotel Schönbrunn.
We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us an online feedback. We appreciate even more, that it is such a positive one. We are happy to hear, that you have a great stay in our hotel and hopefully also in Vienna.
It would be a great pleasure for us to help you with any questions or information. Please do not hesitate to contact us any time!
We wish you all the best and remain in the meantime with
Best regards

Reviewed October 10, 2018

We visited this hotel from 1st to 3rd Oct, 2018. The hotel is ideally located and is right in front of the Schoenbrunn Palace with lots of greenery. We were greeted by a very hospitable male receptionist (forgot his name) The room was very nice has a spectacular view from its balcony. Has very spacious bathroom and dressing room. Overall a great hotel.

Room tip: 5th Floor room with Balcony facing the palace
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
ParkhotelSchoenbrunn, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Austria Trend Parkhotel Schoenbrunn Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Dear guest,
on behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay at Austria Trend Parkhotel Schönbrunn.
Please note your feedback has been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver great experiences. Thank you for staying at the Austria Trend Parkhotel Schönbrunn and we hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to Vienna.