Hotel Sacher Wien
$188
Agoda.com
$255
1,912 results
All reviewssacher torteblue barrote baropera houseblaue barold worldhistoric hotelconcierge staffrooms are beautifulalbertina museumdeluxe roomfive star hotelstate operabreakfast buffetspanish riding schoolamazing hotelluxury
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Usually out of our price range but was given a night as a Christmas present by our son. From the moment we were greeted at the front door to farewells by at least 6 staff as we left, we were totally overwhelmed by the warmth and friendliness of the service. Were given a guided tour of the facilities by the receptionist before she took us up to our room and settled us in (the porter with our luggage met us at the door). Room was excellent with a great bathroom and comfortable bed. Welcome pack was nicely done. We looked onto the Albertina Platz. Our funds didn't run to dinner in the restaurant but we did have the famous Sachertorte with coffee for breakfast next day. A memorable visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We felt as if we had the whole entire hotel to ourselves, because the service was wonderful. My wife loves traveling , and loves critiquing , as we were checking out she simply looked at me and said I love this hotel, absolutely love this hotel. :) Thank You Hotel Sacher Wien .

Room Tip: Best Location also, simply amazing!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rgerald
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed one night with my wife for my birthday. Outstanding hotel in every category. Superb room, great food and excellent service. This is probably one of the best hotels in Europe with a price to match.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lenvindman
Reviewed January 28, 2013

So, this is the most famous hotel in Vienna and one of the best to stay in. The Sacher Hotel (pronounced : Sacker)
Was brought here to stay as a birthday treat. My 40th birthday, but despite my wife having told the hotel our stay was for my 40th birthday, it wasn’t acknowledged in any way and there were no extras which are usually provided by hotels and restaurants and that was very disappointing. Actually, the receptionist did say that she had upgraded us to a larger room looking directly onto the Opera House but when we got to the room, she told us that actually she hadn't upgraded us at all, sorry about that!!! That was very bad.

Getting there – the train from Vienna Airport takes you to the city centre and from the train station, it is a short taxi ride. All taxi drivers know where the Hotel Sacher is and the hotel is slap bang in the dead centre of Vienna, directly opposite the Opera House.

The bellmen and porters are attentive and our bags were taken from us immediately while we checked in and were waiting for us in our room on arrival.

The room was nice, (see photos) and was decorated in beige and cream colours. The room was a suite and fairly spacious and was also from the first tier of rooms, so all rooms must be suites.
There were a couple of chocolates, two bottles of water, some fruit and two small Sacher Tortes left in the room for us. A nice touch but could have been better. The small Sacher Tortes give you a chance to try them without purchasing a full one downstairs and I’m glad of that as, despite having a mouth full of sweet tooths, the Sacher Torte was not good. It’s basically dark sponge with apricot jam and a darkish chocolate icing. Neither of us liked it and neither did anyone at home.

The toiletries in the room have a chocolate theme and were plentiful and were refilled. The bathroom was quite big, good size bath, his and her sinks and large shower.

The hotel is decorated in a slightly dated way, not quite Art Deco, not quite Art Nouveau and harks back to the hotels glory days.

We had cocktails in the bar downstairs, very nice and quite well priced.

Placido Domingo dined in the restaurant while we were here and when we checked out, the President of Austria visited and so did a platoon of soldiers and security, even setting up sentry boxes at the main entrance.

So, if you wish to stay where the rich and famous of Vienna stay, then stay at the Sacher. It was a nice hotel but it was just missing that wow factor and I’d try somewhere else on my next visit.

See my profile for my other reviews of Vienna.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cartagia
SacherVienna, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Sacher Wien, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback.

Please let me clarify a misunderstanding regarding the room upgrade. You have booked a Superior Room and we have upgraded you to a Junior Suite because of your 40th birthday. I can only guess that the front desk agent who was responsible for the rooming wanted to make a joke by telling you that you were not upgraded by one category but even by two categories. You have realized that you are in a Suite and your pictures illustrate this very nicely, including the birthday flower bouquet.
Nevertheless, I want to apologize that you did not receive my personal letter together with your birthday cake, we are always very careful about the special attention for occasions like yours and I am very sorry for your disappointment.

Best regards,
Reiner Heilmann
Managing Director

Reviewed January 27, 2013

The hotel was Excellent. Great location close to the center with all facilities around it. Our room was upgraded and we got a wellcome letter from the manager which was courteous. The staff and concierge are very cooperative and smiling all the time. The room was very comfortable and clean and the room service is available all the time. The breakfast was excellent which contains cold cuts and hot dishes. Sacher cafe beside the hotel is an exclusive coffee-house culture with the unique Sacher-tourte. I highly recommend this hotel for people who may look for comfort and luxury and elegancy.
But I regret to say that the piping trouble bombard us with noises at half-hour intervals.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple