Grand Hotel Wien
$154
$136
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott Vienna Prater/Messe(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$75
Agoda.com
$174
$139
  • Bar/Lounge
Renaissance Wien Hotel(Vienna)(Great Value!)
$176
$67
  • Room Service
1,254 results
All reviewsle cielexclusive roomopera houseold worldturn down servicelobby barexcellent locationfive star hotelelegant hotela wonderful staystate operawithin easy walking distancebeautiful citypublic areasspanish riding schoollarge bathroomcoffee machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We stayed five nights and had a wonderful stay at this beautiful hotel. The atmosphere is quiet and elegant.
Breakfast was delicious and they offer al a carte versus the full buffet which was too heavy for us.
Service was excellent from the responsiveness of the front desk, informative concierges, and housekeeping which always responded rapidly for requests for extra towels, etc.
Great location and elegant rooms.

1  Thank PalmBeachGolfer44
Hotelfan69, Manager at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2009

Dear 'Jack44Florida', your review is much appreciated. We enjoy reading that you liked the hotel, its food & beverage facilities as well as the location. Looking forward welcoming you again in the near future, I remain
Best regards!

Reviewed September 7, 2009

My husband and I had a large, beautiful room overlooking the Ring. Our daughter had her own room on the same floor - upgraded at no charge. This hotel is in a wonderful location. The staff and service are exceptional. We used both the business office and the gym each day. The terrace at the front of the hotel is surrounded by pink flowering vines and serves very good coffee. Our room was silent, air-conditioned (the 8 days we were there rarely dropped below 30 degrees outside), and luxurious. I'd go back in a minute. In fact, we are planning to return to Vienna during the Opera season - the Grand Hotel Wien will be our first choice.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Hotelfan69, Manager at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2009

Dear 'BelleCalgary', many thanks for your kind words on your stay at the Grand Hotel Wien. Especially your comments on our staff, the location as well as your room are much appreciated. We are very much looking forward welcoming you again for the upcoming Ball season! Best regards

Reviewed September 2, 2009

We had a four night stay at this beautiful hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was our first visit to Vienna so unsure what to expect and instantly fell in love with it.

The Grand Hotel is in a superb location, just a couple of hundred metres from the State Opera House where all the tourist buses start and finish from. It has a lovely entrance and from the moment you arrive, the staff goes out of their way to help you.

I did not book direct with the hotel and found that a couple of weeks prior to arrival our names were not on the guest list. I wanted to book a surprise concert for our anniversary and the hotel obviously needed to know we were to stay there before they could help. I contacted the company I booked through and it was sorted out and the lovely Regina at the Grand who was helping me sort the problem out emailed me to let me know all was well. Regina was very helpful and friendly and immediately made me feel we had made the right decision to stay at the Grand.

Upon arrival were immediately helped with luggage and directed to the reception desk where we were quickly and efficiently booked in and then we were shown to our room. It was beautiful, much larger than I expected and everything you could possibly require was there for use. The bed was extremely comfortable and we found that no noises disturbed slumber and the bathroom was well stocked with toiletries, double basin, very efficient shower over the bath and separate toilet with bidet. Slippers and bathrobes were supplied and the bath towels were large and thick. A safe was provided, as were kettle with coffee, tea and milk and the mini-bar was well stocked. I think Regina may have upgraded us because of our anniversary as we only booked a superior room but I believe we were in a deluxe room.

We decided to go out and explore straight away and found that we were very well situated. You can go out the front of the hotel and walk down the road and you are at the Opera House within moments, or you can go out the back through the shopping mall and you arrive at the pedestrian shopping area. I made an excuse to go back to the hotel to see the concierge, regarding the tickets and he had booked us a concert at the Imperial Hall for the following night and he also advised an excellent trip for us to go on a couple of days later. When I saw him after the trip and concert and went over to thank him he remembered my name which again makes you feel special.

Breakfast was plentiful and very good quality with everything you could possibly want. Again service was excellent. We did have a meal in the Grand Café which was again first-rate and reasonably priced. We did not use either the Le Ciel Restaurant or the Japanese cuisine but did have quite a few cups of coffee at both the Kavailerbar and at Schanigarten where you can enjoy the sunshine and watch the world go by.

The trip organised by the concierge was a coach and boat trip to Melk Abbey. This was extremely well organised, the guide was informative, the boat ride through beautiful scenery enjoyable and the abbey itself stunning. We ate at the restaurant near where we were dropped off and this was very good value and then met our guide to go around the abbey. This was interesting but the best was for last when you went into the church which was stunning. It just took your breath away and so unexpected.

The concert at the Imperial Hall was very good fun but I must warn you it is in what seems like a well decorated school hall. This means there is no bar when you arrive and you sit on wooden seats which can get uncomfortable. We had booked the best seats, which was unnecessary as you only sat in the front row on the same wooden seats on your own for an extra 26 euros each. No need to dress up as some people mistakenly did, this is not the opera house and just smart casual is fine. The concert itself was fantastic, and I do not normally like classical music. The host was very funny and the members of the orchestra obviously enjoyed what they did and interacted with each other famously.

Would I stay here again, yes in a cat’s whisker, the whole experience was fantastic and I couldn’t fault anything. We had originally looked at staying in the Hotel Bristol, yes it is closer to the opera house but it was over shops and had no outside space. For location, comfort, efficient and friendly service and all round experience I would definitely say stay at the Grand Hotel Wien.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Hotelfan69, Manager at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2009

Dear 'mumsthewordwoking', it is a real pleasure reading your review, it is much appreciated. We are so pleased to read that your stay and experience was fantastic. Especially with regards to the services which were offered to you by our concierge team, I must admit that they did an excellent job and I will definitely forward your comments to the entire hotel staff. I would be very delighted to welcome you again at the Grand Hotel Wien and make you feel special! Best regards

Reviewed August 30, 2009

We stayed in Vienna for 4 days in August. This was our first trip to Vienna and will not be our last! the Grand Hotel Wien is in the heart of the town - an outstanding location for seeing the sights. We had two adjoining Deluxe rooms for our family of 4 and it was very spacious. The concierge service is excellent and we had arranged several things with them via email ahead of time. We did not eat in the restaurants except for the Grand Cafe, which was very nice. The others were a bit expensive so we did not try them.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank harlemfamily
Hotelfan69, Manager at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2009

Dear 'harlemfamily', thank you for your review and your kind words on your stay with us, it is much appreciated! Warmest regards from Vienna!

Reviewed August 10, 2009

Arrived at the Grand for a four night stay taking my elderly mother back to the city she last visited some 45 years ago. I had booked two exclusive rooms adjacent and had this confirmed by email from the hotel. On arrival the rooms booked were not available and no explanation was given, we were offered the opportunity to upgrade to a junior suite each for what we thought was 250 euros each. The suites were lovely however the proper rate was some 800 euros per night and fore this you do not get as some other 5 star hotels provide flowers fruit etc. We had a wonderful stay until we checked out, and found out that the upgrade charge was 250 euros per night per room thus we had a bill of some 2000 euros this was of course in addition to the room charge we had already paid to the travel agent in the UK. All was resolved with the hotel manager confirming that a misunderstanding had taken place and that the charge would be reduced to 250 euros each . All was handled with discretion and understanding and we cannot in any fault the hotel I would recommend this hotel for all except perhaps traveling with young children and as there are no facilities in the hotel geared for them.
We had a wonderful time and would go back and we might stay at the Grand although the lack of a pool or spa might cause me to look elsewhere. The service from the staff is superb and nothing was too much trouble for them

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Hotelfan69, Manager at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2009

Dear 'David-RR', your review is much appreciated, I am also delighted to read that you received an upgrade and that billing has been clarified at departure. We indeed do not have an indoor pool although we have some plans in this direction in the future. I am looking forward welcoming you again at the Grand Hotel Wien soon, best regards!