“Great hotel, marvellous location!”

25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier
Ranked #36 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just a stroll away from the famous city hall of Vienna. Walking distance of the Neubau Quarter (7th district) wich is the most vibrant, artistic and young place in the imperial capital. Some great restaurants in the surroundings, bars and a lots of shops. We enjoyed our stay during the Christmas markets in Vienna and the design rooms in the hotel offered us after a busy day outside the perfect conformt!
And the view is spectacular!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there whilst on business in November 2012, location to Hofburg just ideal as just a short stroll away. Rooms are very well furnished and equipped with great amenities, staff super helpful and breakfast without fault ... & delicious coffee !!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have to say it's my first review and I'm travelling a lot. Never did one before because I never had a bad experience like this.

Beautiful design hotel.... but... It's fun to be trendy but you also have to deliver good quality services. Which is not consistent in this place. During the day the service is ok but at night... The hotel bar the DACHBODEN, on the top level of the hotel, is also a very busy bar open late. They have DJ's and a loud crowd. I call the reception to complain about the noise because the walls and the mirror are shacking in the room... the receptionist told me she can't do anything for me. I ask Do you have any solution ? and she answer "You will have to put ear plugs"...... I will ask for a complete refund of my stay and make an official complain at The Design Hotel head office. They will have to make a choice - are they a trendy bar or an hotel ?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Yecla
25hours_Hotels, Sales & Marketing Manager at 25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Yecla,

thank you for your review here on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry to hear that trouble during your stay forced you to write your first online feedback.

Indeed we have - besides offering beautiful rooms and suites - also a very popular roofbar called the Dachboden. Especially during the weekends and on wednesdays our Dj Hermes has an excellent reputation. Please note though that the well-being of our guests has always first priority! The Dachboden evenings are not only limited in people but also in opening hours. Further we always offer earplugs and in the last resort our receptionists always try to make the impossible possible - like a relocation to another room - to ensure our guests well-deserved sleep.

Again I would like to apologize for not getting the good sleep one should always receive in any hotel, and definetely in any 25hours location.

We would be more than happy to welcome you again in Vienna or any other 25hours hotel to leave a second first impression! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly before your next booking with us (lbruehl@25hours-hotels.com).

Best regards

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have visited this hotel on 3-4 occasions in the last 6 months and it’s pretty awesome.

Location: central, easy to get to, only 10mins from airport CAT train. Lots to see and do within walking distance and the hotel has the best view in town from the hotel bar!

Rooms: really spacious and have everything you need. Really clean, super cool, loads of nice touches in the design, it feels like a room at Soho House it’s that cool. And is you get lucky you get a wall of windows with a view over Vienna – impressive.

Bar/lounge: the bar at the 25hr is a “go to” venue in Vienna, it has a cool vibe and the staff are really helpful with anything you need. The design and layout makes it feel like much more than just a hotel bar, it doesn’t feel like a hotel at all. Breakfast is also fantastic, great coffee and everything you need to set you up for the day.

This is a really cool, friendly boutique hotel that gives you everything you need in Vienna. I wouldn’t stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FancyDanLondon
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I didn't know what to expect from a relatively young design hotel chain. Check in went fine, even if the reception is a bit small--I assume until the whole hotel/building is finished. Afternoon cool (non-smoking) bar/breakfast area with a balcony (also for smokers).

The room was actually quite cleverly designed with the decorations, furniture, etc. There was a kitchenette and coffee machine, all a plus. The shower was great, water pressure good and hot water constant. (I will always give bad marks if this isn't the case, but here it was a plus.) The rooms were very clean. You might want to bring slippers with you, as there is part of the floor that is concrete (painted), and not with carpet covering it. It fits the concept, but in winter it's a bit cold on the feet.

The bar/breakfast area, around 22:30 and afterwards until 01:00 turns into an in-club/bar with quite loud music. But nice nonetheless, but not for old folks--too loud. They closed abruptly at 01:00 for the guests sleeping below.

The parking garage nearby cooperates with the hotel, so the parking situation wasn't a problem. Parking is expensive in Vienna, where ever you are, though.

The location is perfect--close to the Museums Quartier, Hofburg, S- and U- Bahn, tram and bus lines.

I recommend this hotel for the price-service level. And enjoy the concept, done with super detail.

Room Tip: Currently there are only two guest-room floors, with more floors under construction. Choose the 6th...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
25hours_Hotels, Sales & Marketing Manager at 25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear EuroAmiCZ,

thank you for your great review here on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that you had a good stay with us and were favorably impressed by the design, location and the hotel hotel bar. Please note that we also offer slippers at the reception for our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact us during your stay if you need anything.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you in one of our 25hours destinations again.

All the best and warm regards,

Reviewed November 14, 2012

The best experience in Vienna. Ever so customer focused, laid back ye professional. The size of the rooms is perfect and the location is ideal. Also one of the only trendy/lively places in the city, mixed crowds. Perfect breakfast with a breathtaking view over Vienna. It is cosy, young, arty, fun, but far from any arrogance design places can sometimes have. One of my best experiences this year. They should invest in a sauna/fitness center but that is the only thing missinG

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear leedailey,

thank you for your wonderful words here on Tripadvisor. It is the biggest compliment to hear that our guests felt well taken care of and enjoyed the laid back yet professional service.

I am happy to tell you that we are currently expanding to open 220 rooms and a wonderful spa area in march 2013. Hopefully we can welcome you again to then relax in our new wellness area.

All the best from Vienna,

Reviewed November 12, 2012

There are really two things you need to know about this hotel:
1) it is super-cool
2) it has a loud, super-cool bar sitting above the rooms
If those are both positive things, or if one of those things is a positive enough thing, then this is the place you should be staying in Vienna.

The bar noise reliably stops at around 12:30 so isn't really a issue in terms of getting to sleep (unless you want to sleep before that time - in which case this hotel is not really aimed at you). I would say that, given the cost of the L suites is over $200, and effort was clearly put in to making the rooms relaxing and fairly luxurious in most other ways, it is a bit irritating that you have to put up with thumping if you're in your room in the evening and a bit odd that the hotel decided to build that way - but it's not that big a deal and is outweighed by the general high quality of the rooms. And the views from the bar are great.

One issue I do have is the way they categorize their rooms. At the moment they allow you to choose from two main classes of room - the M suites, which are smaller, and the L suites which are larger and more expensive. But really there are three classes of room. The M suites, L suites that have a city view and the L suites that don't have a city view.

The L suites that have a city view are spacious square rooms with huge floor-to-ceiling windows, spectacular views of the city and great design. The L suites without a city view, which we had, are long and thin, a bit dingy with small windows that look out on a courtyard/building site, have fewer design touches and sit directly under the bar rather than the bar balcony, so they are noisier. Don't get me wrong - both rooms are decorated fun and stylishly, have nice touches like bathrooms with heated floors and little kitchenettes - but the city view rooms are clearly significantly nicer.

The issue I have is that you cannot guarantee a city view room. The staff were very clear about this when I asked for one in advance. (The staff are great generally, always helpful and pretty super-cool themselves). But it is an issue that when you book an L-suite you are essentially rolling the dice on whether you're getting the unique rooms that this hotel is known for or if you're left feeling you've been put in second class. It was a particular downer for us as the people we were travelling with and booked with got the city view and we did not (again, thanks to the staff for giving at least one of our party the city view).

Like I say, we still had a very fine room and I recommend this as a place to stay - great rooms, great location and, did I mention, super-cool - but it might stop me booking again that I would have no way of being sure I would not end up feeling a bit disappointed.

Room Tip: Try and get a city view.
Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family