“Trendy hotel with funky rooms and a busy roof top bar”

25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier
Ranked #35 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here last week with my boyfriend for 3 nights. Check-in and out very easy, rooms spacious and well equipped. Loved the circus themed decor.it was very clean. Nice busy bar on the top floor with terrace and view of the city. There was some noise from the construction in the mornings from around 8.30, but that wouldn't put me off staying here again. Usually up at that time anyway. The hotel is right beside the museum quarter which is a good spot for food and drinks. Always seemed to be plenty of people around. We would def stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012
25hours_Hotels, Sales & Marketing Manager at 25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear KimmiC81,

thank you for your review here on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear, that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the circus theme & roof top bar; it is always nice to hear that our guests also fall in love with all the little details there are to discover within the hotel.

I hope we can welcome you sometime soon again, latest for the opening of our new rooms in march 2013!

All the best from Vienna,

Laura-Marie Bruehl

Write a ReviewReviews (2,230)

Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

So, it's 6:30 in the morning. I have hardly slept and the only thing I can think of to do is to lay here and write a review!

Chose the hotel as it sold itself as a high level design hotel. Also not one of the cheapest, but then at the moment fashion week is going on a street it down the road. Was however Eur 190 for the smallest M-Suite.

On arrival found the building was a building site where only the top 2 floors and the rooftop bar are finished. I am hoping that in the future they have a proper reception planned as at the moment it was a young girl sitting behind a wooden desk with a computer in the corner of a bar. Despite coming in with an army of suit cases we still had to ask around to identify her as a receptionist. Bit of proactivity there would have been nice!

When checking in I asked if they had something with a city view and was told that that wasn't what I had booked and that next time if I wanted that I should book it. I am not saying she was wrong, but one doesn't need to be quite so direct, especially after she upgraded the colleague I came with.

My basic gripe here is that the staff are inexperienced. Most of them are very young. The rooftop bar also seems to cater for ages from 20 to 25. Yes the staff were friendly, some also extremely attractive, but that is nothing if they don't have the experience to deal with guests expecting the calibre of hotel the prices command.

Anyway, on to the rooms....they are done in a freaky circus theme! Really not doing much for me. I have been in several 'design' hotels but I think they have confused design with theme. On the good side the rooms are big. I have an M-Suite which is the smallest. It comes with a small kitchen. There is a sofa in the room and a desk and the room is clean. Have stayed in worse.

Down side is however, firstly the bathroom. Massive shower with a tiny shower head. Quite honestly I can pee harder than the flow that comes from the thing! Despite this in the course of the shower as the floor of the shower seems to be flat it still managed to flood the bathroom! The air conditioner did little more than more the air around and opening the window during the night lead to the sound of building a across the courtyard and the rooftop bar coming straight into the room. Hence the lack of sleep leading to this review. To top it all the batteries were out in the tv remote. This is not the end of the world and the new quasi 12 year old receptionist this morning managed to get it fixed without fuss. Telling him about the problems with the air conditioning he apologised and said he would pass it on. I said that that didn't really help me as I only had one night here. I admit there wasn't much he could have done.

So to summarise, the hotel is not worth the money I will pay for it this morning. The rooms are quirky but lack the quality for the prices they ask and the staff are not experienced enough to deal with the needs of business travellers. Simple rules like it upgrading one of a party of two and lines like 'we don't have free rooms in that category' instead of 'if you wanted it you should have booked it' would be nice.

If you are coming for a party weekend where two people come, share the price and live off spaghetti cooked inte kitchen here eating off their laps on the sofa the place is great. For the business traveller the I recommend the wine and design hotel around the corner. Rooms are smaller but service is seamless.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank BearCub1976
25hours_Hotels, Sales&Marketing Manager at 25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Bearcub,

thank you for your words here on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay with us finding yourself writing a review at 6.30 am in the morning. Further I think Tripadvisor made a mistake, saying that you stayed with us in october 2011?

Please be assured that the 25hours in Vienna will very soon shine in new gloss! Currently we are expanding form 34 rooms to 220 rooms in march 2013! So a lot to look forward too.
In the meanwhile it is true, that we are very well booked and therefore cannot always switch rooms on a very short notice. Nevertheless I hope one of our other 34 suites was to your satisfaction and you could use our complimentary services such as costfree WiFi, water, jogging corner etc.

Further please do not hesitate to contact our receptionist before or at check out regarding any concerns - they are more than happy to help and find a solution more problem-oriented than simply offering a discount.

I hope that we can welcome you again in one of our 25hours destinations.

Best regards,

Laura-Marie Bruehl

Reviewed August 24, 2012

All very good, we have been very happy for all and enjoyed the unconventional and friendly urban atmosphere. The only not positive note the room is not well sound isolated... Maybe just our beautiful suite in the corner with a great view of Wien. Apart this I'm happy to suggest to friends this hotel and if we are traveling to hamburg, Zurich or Frankfurt for sure we will try the 25hours hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

this hotel was a modern delight. nice bar on roof top amazing view. creepy clowns panted in the room we were in. if you dont like clowns request room without. under construction but not that big of a deal. close to museum quarter night life impressive. would stay here again. tram right outside the door. parking was a task but for the price a home run.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This hotel has great looking and comfortable rooms. The room comes complete with a fully fitted kitchen and heated bathroom tiles!
They're currently under construction and seem to be using only floors 6 and 7 for guests. The reception is annoyingly on the top floor with no signs indicating this. Perhaps this will change once the hotel renovation is complete. Another inconvenience is that they only have one elevator which always seemed busy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife loved the design of the room so much that we stayed an extra night. They aren't terribly big but are comfortable an filled with cute design touches. We couldn't get the ac to get the room as cool as we wanted it. The wifi was fast and free.

Breakfast was pricey (16 euro i think) and looked like standard European continental.

Free bikes and locks can be rented from the super helpful front desk staff. We got a free self paced tour map from pedalpower.at which let us see most of the major sites in 1 day.

Construction continues, but did not bother us.

The bar at the top is very trendy and busy at night. The drinks were reasonably priced and the view was great.

We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joshua C
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We loved staying at 25hours. It's just minutes from the MuseumQuartier- great shops, exhibits and dining options- and also a pleasant walk to more "touristy" sites in Vienna, like the Naschmarket. We tend to like active holidays and used the 25hours (free) bikes and/or walked to everywhere we wanted to get to in Vienna. I was worried that the hotel might be too far away from key sights, but this wasn't the case. The rooms (we had just the standard) were cleverly and spaciously designed. Comfortable beds, and thoughtful additions like gourmet teas, yoga mats and good art books made the rooms very pleasant. The roof tap bar is a gem. It was filled every evening we were there, largely with locals it seemed. Great views over the city, friendly service, and nice drinks. It was a pleasure to come back to after an evening meal or sightseeing. We would happily return for another visit.

A few minor downsides-- they are under construction on the lower floors, so construction noise does start-up by 8am or so each day. With earplugs, it was fine. The bar also stays open until 1am, and music can be heard at times, so this wouldn't be good for early sleeper. Lastly, the hotel's air conditioning seemed to break during our stay, but presumably they'll get that fixed- wasn't fun.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends