“Tour of Vienna, Salzburg, & Geresdorf”

Vienna A La Carte - Sightseeing Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$168.60*
and up
Mauthausen Concentration Camp Day Trip from Vienna
Ranked #9 of 120 Tours in Vienna
More attraction details
Owner description: Vienna a la carte is a boutique tour operator based in Vienna/Austria specializing in private and small-group city tours, day-trips and excursions. We cater for quality-conscious travelers looking to discover Vienna and its surroundings in a relaxed, private atmosphere with expert private guides. Our offer includes walking tours, bike tours, Segway tours and limousine tours as well as day-trips and excursions from Vienna to Salzburg, Budapest, Prague and other cities within easy reach of Vienna.
Malvern, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tour of Vienna, Salzburg, & Geresdorf”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This agency provided my sisters and I with a wonderful tour of Vienna with Walter and Salzburg with Naomi. This was the first time to Europe for some of us and we were so happy to have seen the sights through a tour guide. We found the guides to be extremely knowledgeable and able to share stories and interesting facts about the history & culture. The tour guides were friendly and made the touring fun and personal. We had an incredible young man, Ben as our driver to all locations on our tours. He took us to Geresdorf so that we could trace our heritage. He was extremely helpful speaking the language with locals and even located the parish rectory and helped to find our ancestors in the baptismal and marriage logs. It was so reassuring to have someone who really cared and understood how important this was to us. He made the highlight of our trip so special by his kindness. I would recommend this agency to anyone for touring and know that their trip will be special and filled with memories.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Monica S

Milford, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Salzburg trip”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Excellent day (8am-8pm) all along...beautiful weather and nice plan. I would have rather spent less time on the tour of the town of Salzburg and rather had more time just strolling around the town & shops. The lake visit was spectacular, but a little rushed due to the tour requirements. Lunch was awesome & a great venue.

Ben did a wonderful job getting us there and back in a very large, comfortable Mercedes..A+ for Ben. For my wife & I that have never been to Vienna, the accomodations were perfect, seemless and stress free.

Singapore, Null, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Outstanding service”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

To begin, I must confess that we (my sister and I) are two fussy humans too busy to do any holiday planning. Finding this gem of a tour agency was a godsend! We booked a number of tours, including day trips to Salzberg, Prague, Budapest, Danube valley, Vienna woods etc with them.
It started off with an enquiry mail to the agency which was replied promptly by a super efficient and helpful girl named Marlies. It took us just a couple of e-mails to nail down the entire itinerary for 10 days. Marlies also made all the arrangements to buy concert and performance tickets - and boy, she got us the best seats (like right in the middle of the first row for the Spanish riding school performance)!
The service rendered was superb. The guides- Brenda and Naomi- are witty, funny and honestly, walking dictionaries. History, culture, architecture, literature- nothing was out of their breadth. The drivers, Ben and Ulrich, were always prompt (read early) and safe. How they managed to maneuver that gigantic Mercedes down those narrow lanes and drive for hours non stop (while we slept like babies) never fail to amuse us.
It was the little touches that really count -- e-mail reminders about the next day's tour, printouts for the tickets given just a day in advance (with directions to where to exchange for tickets plus reminders to go early- especially for the Spanish Riding School performance), night drive around the Ringstrasse, translation of menus.. I cannot name everything but I just want to say a big thank you to all of you at Vienna a la carte for making my Vienna trip amazing!

new jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime experience”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had an amazing trip to Vienna with this agency and their guide, Irene. We asked for someone who had knowledge of music since our 20 year old son is a serious classical music student, and we were honored to be touring with Irene, who had personal experience and extensive knowledge. We travelled around with Irene for 3 fabulous days, and learned about the music, culture and history of Vienna. My son, husband and I each had an amazing experience which we will never forget. The company was very responsive to all of our requests in planning our trip (which were very unique - we did not follow any of the standard tours), and made sure that we made the most of our time. Our guide worked extremely hard to help us have the best experience, and to share alot of her own personal stories -- which were rich and unique. I highly recommend this company and our guide, Irene, if you are looking for a once in a lifetime experience.

Visited August 2013
Boston
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Wonderful walking tour of old Vienna”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I arranged this tour only 24 hours in advance, and received a rapid, accommodating response from Vienna A La Carte. Walter met me in lobby of my hotel and for the next 2.5 hours we walked old Vienna. He was incredibly knowledgeable (has been in the business for decades) and I enjoyed his dry sense of humor. I was also appreciative that he described not only the achievements and highlights of Vienna, but also the struggles and darker parts of history. It was a wonderful tour and I would highly recommend them.

2 Thank CharlieR617