“Private Tour to Budapest, Hangary”
Review of Vienna A La Carte

Private Day Trip to Salzburg from Vienna
Ranked #12 of 145 Tours in Vienna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vienna a la carte is a boutique tour operator based in Vienna/Austria specializing in private and small-group city tours, day-trips and excursions. We cater for quality-conscious travelers looking to discover Vienna and its surroundings in a relaxed, private atmosphere with expert private guides. Our offer includes walking tours, bike tours, Segway tours and limousine tours as well as day-trips and excursions from Vienna to Salzburg, Budapest, Prague and other cities within easy reach of Vienna.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

When we decided to Visit Austria as part of our Summer vacation, I thought a day-trip to Budapest would be a nice addition. After searching Trip Advisor, I came across Vienna A La Carte and decided to contact Ulrich to learn more about their offerings.

All I can say is that the interactions with Vienna A La Carte, from the planning, the pickup at the hotel, the drive to/from Hungary and the tour itself were absolutely top-notch! Our guide was friendly, courteous and a real pleasure to talk to on the long drive.

Five stars all the way - GREAT job guys!

1  Thank nextstopgermany
"wonderful morning"
"the entire trip"
"beautiful city"
in 13 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I were in Vienna May 28-31. We used Johann at Vienna A La Carte for a full day private tour of the Danube Valley. He was wonderful - very knowledgeable and fun to be around. We were picked up at our hotel punctually at 8 am and driven straight to the Melk Abbey. We had a private guide there and then Johann drove us to a 45 minute boat tour on the Danube from Melk to Spitz - no lunch on the boat. We then went for a lovely lunch at a winery in Duernstein in the Wachau valley. Since it was raining quite hard, Johann was kind enough to adapt our tour so that we drove through Krems instead of walking and then gave us a mini guided driving tour through Vienna on our way back to our hotel. Very accommodating, knowledgeable and pleasant guide. Would highly recommend him and the company. Very punctual in returning emails and professional to deal with.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

After reading all the reviews in Tripadvisor I decided to contact Vienna A La Carte and schedule our tours. Ulrich is very helpful in planning and answered all my questions. Except for some unexpected delay on the morning of our first tour, everything went perfect. Brenda is an exceptional guide, very vibrant, informative and she has a way of telling you things that you hang onto her words. Our mini van was very comfortable. In fact, the van that took us to Salzburg has wifi. Our tour guide driver that day was Johann and he's a terrific guide, very informative, got a sense of humor. He even played 'Sounds of Music' on our way to Salzburg and we were singing along. Our last day in Vienna we had a one-way transfer from Vienna to Budapest and a City Tour of Budapest. Our driver (I forgot her name) is a very good, steady driver. She stayed with us throughout our tour and she managed to find good parking spot at all the tourist sites. Ulrich also recommended a few restaurants and made reservations for us. He also help us find a private tour guide in Budapest.

Of all the private tour guides we have on this trip (Prague, Vienna, Budapest) Vienna A La Carte is the best. I highly recommend having a private tour guide and if you are going to Vienna contact Vienna A La Carte for your sightseeing needs.

2  Thank RoverSanFrancisco
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We did this tour on the 18th of May. It was a very good and informative tour. We had Brenda and Jimmy was the driver. Brenda was very informative about the area. We would have loved to have seen more castles than the little city we went to, but it was still very charming. The wine tasting we had was very good and it was the the end of the tour. They were very accommodating and got us to the train station after the tour. Again, it was a great company to work with and I definitely would recommend them again!