“Brilliant!!!”

Ranked #20 of 143 Dessert in Vienna
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hietzing
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

We visited this cafe after our visit to Schönbrunn, it’s around a 15 minute walk from the west side entrance. We were greeted by kind and polite staff, who served us extremely quickly. We didn’t speak German, so couldn’t read the coffee menu, however when we asked for a beer and an iced coffee, they were very quick to understand and brought our drinks in a matter of seconds. We paid €15,00 for our drinks including a generous tip. When my iced coffee came - omg! Delicious! Great atmosphere and a great refuge from the sun, though there is also plenty of outdoor seating available! There is also a restaurant here, however we didn’t visit this. Would definitely recommend for a traditional Viennese coffee shop experience that isn’t as ‘touristy’ as other options!

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank Jessie-Vic

Reviewed April 5, 2019

We went here on our last day of our stay in Vienna. Overall we had such a brilliant trip, but will have to say that this place left us both with a bad taste. We came for an early lunch, and ordered 2 softdrinks and two wienerschnitzels. They had two different ones; and I made sure I pointed at the pork one as I don't like eating veal. The schnitzel was overly fried and the meat was quite dry. We also had a side of very greasy, boiled potatoes. When the bill came, they had charged us for a more expensive wienerschnitzel. It was in fact 7 euros more per person, and I asked the waiter politely to have a look at the menu as the price stated a price of 12 euros each and not 19. He said that it is the correct price and found the meal that we had received from a 'today's special' menu, that was also only in German so we would not have understood a word from it anyway, but the waiter said I had ordered that. I was calm, but said clearly no and that I had pointed at which meal we wanted, but the waiter accused me of lying and It was word against words. I felt quite humiliated as I never like to complain about anything unless it is very wrong. The waiter just left in a huff and we thought he would change the bill to the meals we had ordered, but of course that was too good to be true. He came back with 2 small macaroons and the card machine. He never said sorry, he just said 'here's something for you, as I think it was a language barrier thing', as I definitely don't think it was. He didn't offer us anything off, just the macaroons that we didn't really want. It was our last day and just a quick meal before heading to the airport and we didn't want to spend £50 for a lunch. When I gave him my bankcard to pay he asked me if I wanted to give any tips. I politely said, no thank you. He then looked really annoyed and asked me again. Are you not going to give any tip? I again felt very uncomfortable. I always give 12%+ tips everywhere, but not when I don't get what I order and the waiter is rude. I am still unsure how he expected and dared to ask if we were giving tips after his mistake that he should have fixed. Anyway, there's so many lovely and friendly places in Vienna. Love the city! Just not this waiter from hell...

Reviewed March 20, 2019

If you want to visit a traditional coffee house, go there. It has not changed since.... it has been nicely renovated, but the rest is as you expect it. Great traditional furniture, very helpful and friendly service, excellent coffee , excellent food, and the location is also very adequate . Right next to Schönbrunn. So, if you visit lovely Schönbrunn, the Zoo etc... (I have written about the Zoo in Trip Advisor) and you want to have a nice afternoon coffee , or a Lunch.... go there , you will not be dissapointed... Then you can walk back to Schönbrunn , and then if you get real hungry and need Dinner go next door to Plachutta, but that is a different story.

Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

Typical Viennese old school cafe located in one of my favorite districts. The elders Austrians still come here for a cup of coffee daily routine. Also popular for a glass of wine after work for the local lawyers, architects and so on. Almost all of the visitors put efforts to be dressed well. The coffee is average, food is good. It’s quite close to Schönbrunn but looks like the tourists still haven’t found it. The service is not good at all.

Reviewed March 3, 2019

The go-to place for a coffee and cake close to schönbrunn. Not only tourists, but many Viennese come here for an afternoon treat.

Date of visit: February 2019