“Up to Standards”

Description: Tel; +43 1 512 41 22
Westport, Connecticut
“Up to Standards”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had a very nice meal here. All the pastas are home made. My wife had ravioli and I had cappellitti which were both excellent. My beef carpaccio was also excellent. The wine list is reasonable. However there was nothing to "knock our socks off." Perhaps we have eaten in too many good places on this trip. I would not hesitate to go back.

Visited June 2013

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
Durban
“First night excellent, second night average”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I ate here two nights in succession as two different hosts had both selected this restaurant. The first night was excellent - waiter attentive, fish special was delicious. The second night the service was slower and overall it was just not as good as the first night. Food is of a high standard and we had excellent wine, good location and nice decor.

Visited June 2013
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Was modern, but not so tasty”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Indeed it is an oasis as atmosphere and service. Yet the food was not superbly amazing, as I was expecting after reading below reviews. We had starters and pasta plus panna cota for desert. While the presentation and starters were really thoughtful and made us want more, the pasta was somehow bland... al dente, but missing something. I would have omitted commenting on it like this if the menu was rich and you could say that maybe simply they don't do pasta well. But for the2 page menu, it is unforgivable to make mistakes...

• Visited May 2013
Portland, Maine
“Late night oasis”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

On a cold rainy night after the opera we were the only customers. They happily feted us. Have the foie gras creme brûlée -- with the homemade onion chutney. Very nice wines by the glass and great grappa. Ask for Edita -- she's wonderful! And the maitre d was great in looking up times for services at the cathedral the next day.

Visited March 2013
Vienna
“Top restaurant”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have been there now several times and I really can recommend it, as a romantic lunch/dinner or for a celebration.
It has great atmosphere, noble interior, excellent service and most important the food is fresh and portions not too small.
The service is excellent, very friendly staff and even the chief cook came to us and asked if everything is alright.
The white truffle soup was the highlight of my last visit.
See you soon.