“Good stuff!”

Ranked #15 of 4,270 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: We are located in the first district of Vienna between St. Stephen's Cathedral and the city park. Our chef and his team prepare with passion and craftsmanship delicious Italian specialties. The fresh preparation of food is for us a matter of course, as well as a changing menu. Whether the evening by candlelight or sunlight during the day, we pay attention to your culinary convenience six days a week. In this special atmosphere, we complete comfort and modernity. All friends of Italian cuisine are well received at The Ristorante "Al Borgo". the kitchen is open for lunch till 2:30pm and for dinner till 11:00pm
Eagle, Idaho
“Good stuff!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner. Able to get a reservation at 5pm for 6:30. Not very busy so we got all the attention. Weather was hot but we sat outside and were quite comfortable. Beer was delightfully cold. They tailored a salad with chicken for my wife that she said was perfect. I had the green salad with bacon avocado and prawns. The prawns were large, and whole, and tasty even though a little fishy smelling. Next came the sole which was marvelously cooked and filleted perfectly with no bones. A side of spaghetti pasta with olive oil and garlic was salty and had a spice to it. Overall a pleasant experience and a place to hit if you want Italian.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
“Great service”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We went to Al Borgo because of the good reviews on Tripadvisor. It was a Sat night and we hadn't booked. The restaurant was quite busy but the owner was very helpful and found us a table. The food was excellent with very decent size portions. Our server was friendly and didn't rush us out to get the table for the next patrons.

Los Angeles, California
“Italian Food in Austria”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Good Italian food in the inner city in Vienna. Very attentive service. Extensive wine list is reasonably priced. Extensive menu. The desserts were outstanding; we split a truffle ice cream. Yes, truffle ice cream.

One ding: I had the lamb chops, and would have given the restaurant a 5 but for the fact that the chops should have been trimmed of fat and gristle before hiding those defects with very tasty breading.

Outdoor seating, no view.

Westerville, Ohio
“No bad !”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

9 of us rolled up without a reservation and they very quickly sorted out seating for us. Our waiter was a character which made our dining experience extra fun. All 9 of us enjoyed whatever it was we ordered. Few drinks mixed in there too !

Tampere, Finland
“Absolutely wow!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We visited Al Borgo for lunch after checking on tripadvisor website.
I was so excited to find tuna tartar in the menu and could not help but order it. Tuna tartar is very popular in my country, Japan, and I really like it. So, I was very interested in how it was cooked in an Italian restaurant. I thought the tuna tartar should have been cut a bit more finely; therefore I did so by myself and seasoned with a touch of salt and olive oil.

I also ordered linguine with cream sauce and my wife penne rigate with tomato sauce and prawn. Unlike what is made by the other restaurants, cream sauce of the linguine was not too firm but well-tangled with pasta. Saltiness of the sausage sometimes gave special emphasis to this pasta dish.

Tomato sauce of the penne rigate tasted a bit spicy, but it did not disturb harmony of all the ingredients, such as sweetness and sourness of the thick tomato sauce and good flavour of prawn. More importantly, the penne was just right cooked.
I wish Al Borgo would be close to my place.

1 Thank koalachef