“Loved the staff, food, wine, and atmosphere”
Review of Al Borgo

Al Borgo
Ranked #18 of 4,506 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: We are located in the first district of Vienna between St. Stephen's Cathedral and the city park. Our chef and his team prepare with passion and craftsmanship delicious Italian specialties. The fresh preparation of food is for us a matter of course, as well as a changing menu. Whether the evening by candlelight or sunlight during the day, we pay attention to your culinary convenience six days a week. In this special atmosphere, we complete comfort and modernity. All friends of Italian cuisine are well received at The Ristorante "Al Borgo". the kitchen is open for lunch till 2:30pm and for dinner till 11:00pm
Reviewed March 11, 2014

What a pleasant dinner our first night in Vienna! The food was fantastic, including the "special" appetizer they prepared for us. All of the staff were friendly, accommodating, and spoke English. The atmosphere was upscale, but comfortable - and the place seemed to be a local's favorite along with tourists.

1  Thank Lisa-Steve
Write a ReviewReviews (1,262)

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were with 8 persons on a city trip and made a reservation in this restaurant. We got very good antipasti as a starter, a nice range of cold and warm assortiment. Afterwards we all had a different plate from the menu and it was served with pasta on request for some of the ladies without paying extra. The wine was good and not to expensive for the qualtiy.
A real good place for some good Italian food for a correct price

1  Thank zoebizaretta
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

The owner, Carlo. and staff speak italian. Very kind and efficient. Comfortable restaurant.The food was wonderful and the wine menu too. Reasonable price.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

After booking Vienna for 2 nights we went to Mini in the first night and Al Borgo on the second night.
After reading the reviews I was quite looking forward to dining in Al Borgo, unfortunately it just didn't live up to the hype.
Upon arrival the staff showed us to our seats and where friendly and attentive.
The waiter was excellent and picked a very good wine for the meal.
Sadly I have to say the food was not as good as the service provided by the staff. We had asked for some bread as a starter and where told "this is part of the service" and where later charged for it which was disappointing to say the least.
I ordered the veal cheek which was cooked well but lacked flavour and presentation. I'm sorry to say it but this could have just been some mashed potato with meat.
My partner ordered beef, the order was taken without asking how the meat was to be cooked and when it arrived it was a little on the cold side.
We did order deserts, both of them where chocolate based but didn't leave any memorable thoughts in my head, again another dish just lacking flavour.
After reading all the reviews I was genuinely excited about dining here but sadly I have to say it fell well short of expectations.

3  Thank Kyle R
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We went to dinner with a group of 10 girls and 2 babies! The restaurant is not big but they did accommodate us well. The food was great and our waiter was awesome! He was so friendly and nice. So overall I will give this 5 stars but we did have one odd interaction. The actually owner was a bit rude to one of our friends that had a baby. I actually had one of the babies and I was treated fine but I think they might have been annoyed that we didn't tell them that we had strollers. We did tell them we had two babies when we made the reservation so I would have thought they would be okay with that. The babies were great, didn't make a peep and everyone else in the restaurant was so sweet and smiling at them. but the owner was not accommodating to the babies, example... when we asked is there a spot to change the baby he said on the floor under the table, I'm sorry but that's gross. Anyways, I know babies are a challenge at times so I won't judge his restaurant on that but just a little odd. Everything else as great though.