“Great place aaaannnd Espresso for 1€!”
Review of Al Borgo

Al Borgo
Ranked #17 of 4,417 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: We are located in the first district of Vienna between St. Stephen's Cathedral and the city park. Our chef and his team prepare with passion and craftsmanship delicious Italian specialties. The fresh preparation of food is for us a matter of course, as well as a changing menu. Whether the evening by candlelight or sunlight during the day, we pay attention to your culinary convenience six days a week. In this special atmosphere, we complete comfort and modernity. All friends of Italian cuisine are well received at The Ristorante "Al Borgo". the kitchen is open for lunch till 2:30pm and for dinner till 11:00pm
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Even though I lived in Rome for a while I really missed this place! Compared to the last time I visited in 2010 the quality of the food even improved, service remained as enjoyable as it was, and now I can also enjoy my coffee for 1€ (at the bar of course, just like in Italy :) Thumbs up!! A presto

Al_Borgo_Vienna, Manager at Al Borgo, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

We are glad to hear about the improvement - thank you for the great review

Write a ReviewReviews (1,205)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I found this GEM on TripAdvisor the other day and arranged to meet a friend for dinner since we both arrived on the same day (today). I had some trouble finding the place and a friendly local woman, riding a child's toy scooter, helped me! Right away when I entered, there was a jubilant group of folks gathered together to celebrate a wedding. My friend was there and immediately the vibe was amazing. We were treated to a drink (neither of us really drink much, but we did tonight!) and were seated and served. From the bread to the amazing salad with beef and parmesan cheese, to my friend's fish and my seafood pasta, the meal was absolutely delicious. We took photos and laughed with the staff. The dessert was exquisite and we had more extra shots and drinks with Carlo, the hilarious owner/manager. Our servers were attentive and fun-loving. I would not hesitate to recommend this fantastic restaurant. It was reasonably priced as well. Go see it for yourselves!!! :)

thank you very much for this awesome feedback! we would love to see you again

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We went for dinner to Al Borgo and were positively surprised. Staff are very friendly and helpful. After a classic prosecco we selected dishes from the monthly special menu, dedicated to lamb. The starter, a formation with minced lamb was delightful and the lamb medallions were succulent. Portion are healthy, leaving just enough room for a tasty dessert, a home made truffle chocolate with white chocolate ice cream inside. Certainly a place to remember!

thank you for the good feedback!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Don't wait me to explain you everything- just go there and enjoy! The ambiente, the italian friendliness with rough(and delarious)humor from Alf..( sorry)from Giacomo.
Just adored it with my wife and believe me, this is a place to try.
PS! By the way, the food is remarkably good and they have some spectacular grappas as well)))

thank you very much - we love your comment: "just go there and enjoy" :)

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Table for one, unfortunatrly, whilst on business in Viennna. But, using tripadvisor, i booked at this italian and WOW.
I will return as pork in varous ways doesnt excite me.
Cheers

Al_Borgo_Vienna, Manager at Al Borgo, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

thank you very much, hope to see you at your next business trip