Hotel Das Triest
$316
$228
$182
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsapple tvterence conrandesign hotelsilver bargarden suitemolton brown toiletriesopera houseupgraded to a junior suitecity centrewatch tvweekend breaklovely hotelspacious bathroomminute walktram stopconvenient locationthree nights
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had an exceptionally comfortable and happy stay at the Hotel Trieste in a beautiful room with the best and lightest and at the same time delightfully warm and cosy duvets with equally comfortable pillows and a beautiful luxurious bathroom. The only criticism I have is that the breakfast does not offer decent coffe and at 22 euros per person, is a rather expensive experience. There is not a very good selection of breads/croissants etc though cold meats and cheeses are very copious. Apart from the breakfasts I strongly recommend the Hotel Trieste

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
HotelDasTriest, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Das Triest, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Ilona S!

Thanks for taking the time and sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor community.
It seems that we were not able to fulfill all your expectations.
I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced.
We will forward your comment to our F& B Manager to take appropriate action!
I truly hope that you will visit us again in the future to hsow you that we can really fulfill all your expectations.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

On arrival I was surprised by the appearance of the hotel and the lobby, it didn't look like much. The first room were were taken to was located up a flight of stairs, after an elevator ride, no good for us. We were immediately taken to a room on the first (i.e. second) floor. When I requested twin beds.we were informed that the hotel had no rooms with twin beds but they'd provide another bed - which they did immediately. They fell over backwards to make us comfortable. On further investigation, the hotel proved to be very nice, modern, and the free internet is great! Hotel is located so close to everything, few minutes to the opera house, also the transit. Great breakfast (champagne if you like) was included. Restaurant was adequate. Our room, right besides elevator and on main street, was very quiet.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank GWhizToronto
HotelDasTriest, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Das Triest, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear GWhizToronto!
Thank you so much for your superb review. We feel more than grateful that you've enjoyed your stay with us at Das Triest!
Of course we will share your comments with our entire team!
I hope you will consider Das Triest in the future again. Please feel free contacting me personally at any time and I'll take care on your reservation.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

it is doubtless downtown. Much of the Austrian culture with staff to match all your needs. Quality of food and service above expectation. Strongly recommended for either job or entertainment trip. It is clean and tide and its restaurant us more than fine for any business dinner. A nice yard could accommodate your possible needs for a smoke or in the absence of such an enjoyable hobby gives you the chance for some refreshing in a very cozy atmosphere. Five minutes walk from the opera and the pedestrian zone.

Room Tip: higher than the first level - the tram makes some noise if you are not used to this

Dear MarioGreece!

Of course we will share your comments with our entire team!
Well, I think there is nothing else to add, than saying: “Thank you for being our guest”!
We do hope to be able to welcome you again at the Hotel Das Triest!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was my first ever trip to Austria, and I couldn't have wished for a better introduction to Austrian culture and people than the staff and facilities at Hotel Das Triest. I had a junior suite for a single night, and my room was flawless. The breakfast was lovely, and the staff in this hotel are - quite simply - outstanding.. Even finding me a bar where I could go and watch my English Football team lose...

This hotel is spotlessly clean, uses great products (my room had Molton Brown toiletries and a Bang Olufsen TV, and there are Apple iMacs everywhere) and design... and did I mention the staff???! Go, enjoy!!!

Room Tip: The trams run quite late so, if you like having a window open - or your sleep is easily disturbed by noise, then choose a higher floor... Upgrade youreself, if you can afford it - it's worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
HotelDasTriest, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Das Triest, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear DragonInLondon!
We truly hope that we will be able to welcome you again in our hotel!
Best regards from Vienna

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I booked the Hotel and was alone traveller .
The location is central- lots of action and the Underground is 5 minutes by walk.
The rooms are small , but super clean and the staff is very courteous.
Highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
HotelDasTriest, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Das Triest, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Vibhu_Mera!
Hopefully we can welcome you again!