“Excellent and inexpensive hotel in the center” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Das Triest

Hotel Das Triest
Ranked #84 of 367 Hotels in Vienna
Princeton, New Jersey
“Excellent and inexpensive hotel in the center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

The hotel is right next to TU Wien and very close (~5min walk) to Karlsplatz.
Hence, no public transportation problems.
The hotel is very clean, and has working air conditioning (which is a bit rare in Vienna).
The breakfast was pricey (~20 Euro per person), but there is a multitude of much cheaper places within 100m from the hotel, from cafes to full-fledged restaurants. If you are in a money-saving mood, there is a supermarket across the street.
The only entertainment system they have in the hotel is iMac -- you have a large-screen iMac with blutooth mouse and keyboard in every room.
The personnel is friendly and helpful.
Shop around for prices before ordering. Some companies also have company discounts there, so it's worth checking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zm_Gorynych
HotelDasTriest, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Das Triest, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Zm_Gorynych!
Thanks for taking the time and sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor community. We are really happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us especially in terms of our service and amenities we offer. I am really sorry that you found the price of our breakfast to high, although we do believe that it offers good value for the price also compared to other hotels!
I truly hope that you will visit us in the future soon again and please feel free to contact me personally if you need any assistance.
Revenue & Reservations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is a great hotel with very easy walking to the centre and also the hatsch market (great eating places.). The staff were very pleasant and helpful and the courtyard very inviting.

The only fly in the ointment was we never got to have dinner there. The first evening there was a wedding party and later on another one, so the restaurant was not open to us, which is how we found the hatsch market. We were told it would be open the next evening but when we enquired were told it was fully booked. Again we had to got out to eat and as we had had a busy day felt more that aggrieved of a taxi ride to an unknown restaurant. Evidently the restaurant is always well booked and it would have been good if we had been told this right at the start when perhaps we could have made a reservation. I don't think I have even been in a hotel where you can't eat when there is a restaurant.

Really a pity as we liked it very much.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelDasTriest, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Das Triest, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Clare261!
Thank you for taking time and sharing your experiences at Das Triest!
First of all I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you had experienced with our restaurant. Please let me assure you that we normally find a place for our hotel guests, it was only at these two evening due to the wedding party and another one not possible!
Nonetheless we will leave a note for our future guests that it would be better to reserve in advance, as our restaurant is very popular in Vienna!
I hope you will consider Das Triest in the future again. Please feel free contacting me personally at any time and I'll take care on your reservation and will arrange a table in our restaurant as well!
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I changed into this hotel when I arrived in Vienna in a heatwave and had a room in a non-A/C hotel. This hotel is charming, discrete -- air-conditioned -- and despite being on a busy street, with trams, is quiet. Breakfast was good -- some days there was granola, some not, some days the eggs were over-cooked, some not. Nice public spaces, and a really helpful staff made this a pleasant trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear daithesong!
Thank your for having chosen the Das Triest Hotel for your recently visit at our amazing city.
We are more than happy that we could fulfill all your expectations and that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope you will consider Das Triest in the future again. Please feel free contacting me personally at any time and I'll take care on your reservation.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights and the location was spot on-handy for the centre and metro/trams

Staff very helpful and rooms very nice-check out the Conran connection

Breakfast possibly the best we have had!

Overall great stay and we will return

Room Tip: The rooms looking into the inner courtyard were nice
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelDasTriest, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Das Triest, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear alan b!
Thank you so much for your superb review. We feel more than grateful that you've enjoyed your stay with us at Das Triest!
Well, I think there is nothing else to add, than saying: “Thank you for being our guest”!
Revenue & Reservations Manager
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great hotel in a convenient location: 10 minute walk to the opera. Lovely courtyard for breakfast. the breakfast was very good with also a lot of organic stuff.
the room was spacious and we enjoyed the retro touch of the bathroom.
i would return there

Room Tip: even if we were on the side of the main street with the tram we had no issues of noise at all
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelDasTriest, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Das Triest, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear dlerital!
Luckily this summer is a good one so all our guests are able to enjoy the beautiful inner courtyard for breakfast and dinner with barbeque!
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Beautiful hotel in a convenient location--easy walk to Old City. Lovely courtyard for breakfast each morning and also available for dinner in the evenings. Staff was very helpful--good experience. Three adult daughters traveling with us who shared a triple--it was very spacious and comfortable for them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelDasTriest, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Das Triest, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear juliep1221!
I am glad that you had good weather during your stay and could enjoy our beautiful inner courtyard for breakfast and dinner as well!
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a nice hotel. Conveniently located near the tourist attractions but not in the middle of them which is a good thing for Vienna. From the hotel, you can walk everywhere so you don't need the metro at all. The room has nice design, I liked having the Mac in the room, I especially liked the bathroom having a retro design. Though the shower cap had its problems, looking vintage shouldn't mean broken (or not working properly) in my book! It was annoying. I had a problem with breakfast also, it was included when I booked but the front desk asked me to pay so I did. In the end I contacted the agency and found out it was included! Maybe this is a trap so don't fall for it! I was annoyed enough about the issues that I didn't book here next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear raindeep!
Thank you for taking time and sharing your experiences at Das Triest
I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced and would like to assure you that this is not our normal standard!
Please be assured that we do not want to trap anybody in paying an extra breakfast, this was a terrible mistake from our side in entering your reservation information. In case we have not yet refunded you for that please feel free to conatct me personally and I will take care that you receive your refund!
I really hopte that you will give us another chance to show you that we can do better than that!
Reservation & Revenue Manager