“Classic and beautiful!!”

Hotel Bristol Vienna
Ranked #20 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The hotel is in excellent location with walking distance to everything in town, the music hall, shopping center, museums, outside the hotel around 100 meters away there's also a bicycle stand where you can rent a bicycle for the day to tour around town. I arrived Vienna on a Sunday and Air France lost my luggages, the hotel concierge told me everything is closed on Sunday, but Monday he showed me places to buy some necessary items and clothings.

the hotel itself is very classic and beautiful, LOVE LOVE LOVE the vintage lift and everything is restored and kept well. The room is a little small but decent. Manager at the breakfast restaurant is friendly and professional, made a great impression on my husband and I.

Will definitely go back for the next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
BRISTOL_VIE_GM, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Megan D, thank you for your review posted on this web site. The feedback of our guests is extremely valuable to us. From your review I understand that you had a pleasant stay at our property and that you were satisfied with the services provided. It would a great pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel in the future! Best regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a classic grand hotel situated right next to the Opera House. We found the comfort level, the accomodation and the service just excellent. Staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. This may not be the hotel for those that seek the most modern facilities but for a couple get away it is just perfect. We enjoyed the breakfast and found the service very attentive,
I should note that I am a Platinum member with Starwood but the treatment was far better than we have experienced at other hotels in this category. I would highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a good view of the Opera House. It is spectacular at night.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear dccv1,
Thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback. It is with great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at our property and that you found our services as well as facilities appealing. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back in the near future! Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed October 22, 2012

As other reviewers have noted, this is a beautiful hotel with excellent service and location. However, when you are paying $500+ for a room, it is unconscionable that the hotel seeks to charge an additional $35 a day for internet service. I know I had the option to visit the 5th floor office, but why should I? In Prague, I stayed at a converted monastery, with no elevator service at a fraction of the cost, and they had free internet! In this day and age, I regard internet service as important, and it is inconsistent with the hotel's ambiance to gouge the guests for its use.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
BRISTOL_VIE_GM, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear garyg123,

Thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very valuable to us. It helps us to maintain and improve our services. With regards to your comment on the internet please note that the option you choose includes also other services such as free movies for 24 hours. The regular 24 hours internet charge is lower. We are currently in the process of reviewing our internet policy. We are aware about the importance of the internet for our valued guests as we strive to find the right balance between the right pricing policy and the most appropriate service that meets the expectations of our guests.

Kind regards, Gerald Krischek

Reviewed October 14, 2012

What can you say about this fantastic property? An amazing building in an ideal location with top notch service. While some may say this property is a little dated, the counter point is how modern can you make a historic building without it losing its charm? I say the Bristol has found the right balance. If classic isn't your style, then stay at Le Meridien which is also a fine property. For me, this is hands down one of best hotels I have ever stayed at and should I ever be so lucky to find Vienna again, I would make it a point to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: For SPG members, take the breakfast as your amenity. Amongst the best included breakfasts I have ev...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Shaunr52, thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your feedback. It greatly helps us to maintain and improve our levels of service. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future! Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here on business last December and January. It's in the grand hotel tradition and compares favourably with similar 5 star hotels throughout Europe.The staff are friendly even the Doormen (which is not always so). Certainly friendlier than the nearby Imperial Hotel. In that regard it's worth noting that most of these hotels are now part of large international chains so forget the romantic notion of the old style family run hotel with the proprietor waiting to greet you! I had a problem with the online booking site and when I rang the hotel's Vienna number for reservations assstance I was put through to a call centre in Texas!! Eventually a delightful lady, a Front Desk manager, with an impossibly long name sorted me out with skill and consideration. I booked a junior suite on the top floor with a balcony with a view of the splendid State Opera House. These are essentially attic rooms with consequently low ceilings. Perfectly fine but a room on one of the other floors may have been preferable and indeed the charming lady who took my reserevation did offer me one of these. With hindsight maybe I should have accepted. The hotel is in a perfect central location. The common ares are fine. I had an excellent snack lunch in the lounge one day. There is a great Edwardian style bar off the lounge which gets busy in the evenings but be warned it allows smoking. Breakfast was very expensive and disappointing. I only went once. The room is for a grand hotel surprisingly soulless. The eggs benedict were peculiarly tasteless. The china coffee pot was chipped on the spout with the result the coffee went all over the place; when I pointed this out to the waiter he told me not to worry about the mess!! The staff were pleasant and helpful. I went very early so there were more staff than guests. As an experiment on the following mornings I went to the nearby Cafe Schwarzenburg (turn left at front door and it's about 100 metres along the Ring) and to the surprise of the waiter there I had a breakfast as similar as was possible to the one I would have had at the Bristol. Completely different: pleasant atmosphere, tasty food, excellent coffee and all for about half the price.

Room Tip: Unless you really want the balcony with views of the State Opera House I would avoid the top floor r...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
BRISTOL_VIE_GM, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear Madame, Sir, thank you for your comments posted on Trip advisor. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to maintain and improve our levels of service. While I understand that you had overall a pleasant stay at our property I understand that you did not appreciate the breakfast - since last December we have applied several changes to our buffet and also we have completely renovated our banquet areas which you had breakfast at. The experience will therefore be another one if you decide to come back. Of course it is not reflective of our high standards to have a chipped tea pot - this is something that we will investigate and put strong emphasis on to ensure that this will not happen again. Thank you again for your comments and your patronage. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back soon again. Best regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed October 5, 2012

An excellent hotel with fabulous service. We stayed here for five nights and found the location to be excellent, the staff and concierge to be friendly and knowledgable and the service to be impeccable. Every recommendation of the concierge related to restaurants and coffee houses was exactly what we were looking for and all those places were exactly as explained to us by the concierge.

As part of Starwoods Luxury Collection we had high expectations and we were not disappointed. The rooms were very spacious and quite comfortable. The entrance was secure. The only unfortunate thing during our visit was that the Corso restaurant was under renovations and we were unable to enjoy it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the State Opera House.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Madame / Sir, thank you for your review posted on this web site. We appreciate your feedback. From your comments I understand that you enjoyed your stay with us. With regards to your comment about the Restaurant being closed kindly note that it is open - actually it was open - but not available on one particular evening due to a very large function - which might be the night you are referring to. Thank you for your patronage and please visit us soon again. Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed October 3, 2012

You can't beat the location of the Bristol and it offers ample opportunities to relish in the old world charm. However, what truly distinguishes the Bristol is its outstanding service. Every employee we encountered was professional, service-oriented, and courteous including the receptionist, the waiters, the maids, the concierge, and the room service. To a tee, our needs were anticipated or solved promptly.

We are both platinum with Starwood and the Bristol gave us a fantastic upgrade. Our room was quiet, spacious, and had a lovely view of the Opera House. Also, the breakfast is delicious!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Madame / Sir, thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We do value our esteemed SPG Platinum members very much and are pleased to hear that you appreciated the recognition given. Thank you for your patronage and please visit us soon again. Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager