“Wonderful Stay at the Imperial Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Imperial Vienna

Hotel Imperial Vienna
Ranked #14 of 367 Hotels in Vienna
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Stay at the Imperial Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

For my first visit to Vienna, I chose to stay at the Hotel Imperial, a classic and authentic hotel right in the heart of Vienna. I stayed for 2 nights to attend a friend's wedding that was a little outside of Vienna and I definitely made the right choice. I requested airport pick up on a little short notice (less than 24 hours) and was picked up in a new mercedes by an extremely helpful gentleman who when we started talking, went out of his way to take me on a slightly longer, scenic route to see more of Vienna (he asked me whether I was ok with this before taking the longer route) before reaching the hotel, al the while pointing out and suggesting some of the must-see attractions that Vienna has to offer. Once I arrived to check in, the reception staff were extremely courteous and offered me an upgrade during my stay to a beautiful junior suite. The hotel staff are all extremely friendly which really put me at ease and really made me feel at home. When asking the concierge whether there were any nearby hairdressers, he suggested a place right enxt door. I mentioned that I'd take the number and call the salon for an appointment but he graciously offered to book for me and everything was taken care of in less than a minute. While the hotel i sundergoing renovations, I nvever heard anything from my room and was out for most of the day. By the time I would come back, renovation works for the day would be over (by around 5pm). Hotel Staff were also kind enough to book, a cab for me to the airport and negotiate a price for me with the driver ahead of time, ensuring no problems or price fixing.

The only complaint I have was with the gym - I like to get in my workouts when I travel and usually make sure the hotels I stay at have large, well equipped gyms. The gym here is a small room with a treadmill, a bike, an elliptical and step machine and some free weights and benches. The plus side is that the gym is open 24/7. Got to work out in the evening and had the gym room to myself which was nice.

In short, Location is absolutely perfect - highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Vienna and the hotel staff are sweet and funny! Definitely returning to Vienna soon. Thanks for a great stay Imperial Staff!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank busstraveler85
Heinrich D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear “Busstraveler85”,

thank you very much for your touching words. We are happy to read your comment and we can guarantee you herewith that your honest feedback will further encourage our entire team to go the extra step in the future again! The hotel is indeed undergoing a major revitalization and it is such a pleasure to hear that none of the works caused any discomfort. We hope that you enjoyed your friend´s wedding and that you had the chance to see a little bit of the gorgeous scenery in and outside Vienna. Even though our gym space is rather limited, we just equipped it with new workout machines and so we hope that it did not hinder you to follow-up with your daily workout.

Dear “Busstraveler85”, once again thank you very much for your enriching words and we hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you soon again.

Heinrich Dominici (Director of Guest Services)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Danville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We are traveling to several cities in Europe, staying all Starwood hotels. We arrived at the Imperial , the front desk personnel were so gracious, it was our 100 night stay with Starwood, and they were very pleased to give us a suite! We loved the suite, but more than that we loved the wonderful service and the special way they make their guests feel, they were so kind and looked after our every needs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear “Dollor”,

with great pleasure I read your comment about your recent stay with us and can therefore only thank you for your patronage and euphonic words. Allow me to thank you furthermore for having selected the Hotel Imperial for your 100th night with Starwood Hotels & Resorts and it was our pleasure to treat you with an upgrade to one of your unique suites. We appreciate your benevolent words about your experience with our staff and I’m confident that it will further encourage them to deliver the same high level of service in the future as well.

It would be an honour to welcome you soon again at the Hotel Imperial in the beautiful city of Vienna!

Allow me,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I was very satisfied after choosing the Imperial as my first hotel to stay in my honeymoon in Europe..

The professional friendly staff made us feel at home away from home..

The incredible charming honeymoon suite met our expectations..

The entire fully marble palace, the grand red carpeted stairway reflect the historical level of royalty we are staying in..

The buffet breakfast was of high quality as it should be.

The restaurant we had dinner in ' Gained the Wow factor ' , I spent my expected romantic dinner at this charming restaurant, listening to the most relaxing music, tasting the finest Viennese cuisine on the fully loaded silver wear table serviced by a gentle maitre d'hôtel ..

Yes we were the only guests in the restaurant , yes we payed 180 € for 3 courses which is standard for such class of restaurants , yes it worths, and the most important thing is : It made my moment

My overall experience in this hotel is perfect and I consider it my home in Vienna..

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank DrAlqassimi
Heinrich D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear “DrAlqassimi",

it is such a great pleasure to read your comment about your recent stay and your experience in the Hotel Imperial. We truly appreciate your enriching words about the hotel and the provided service and I can guarantee you herewith that your honest feedback will further encourage our entire team to go the extra mile in the future again! It is indeed the palatial style dating back to the 19th century and the high level of service which distinguish the Hotel Imperial and I hope we will have the pleasure soon again, to welcome you at your Viennese home.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We just returned from a five week driving trip through Europe and the Imperial is somewhere in the middle of the pack in our 4 and 5 star European stay experience. Our perspective might be a bit tainted by late June high winds and rain that plagued the city during our visit.

We tend to like the "classic" hotels that are strategically located, have some history and culture about them but have been modernized in terms of comforts and furnishings. The Imperial fills the bill in many aspects.

Good location, average value at the price point. Overall a good place to stay for a few days tour of the city.

The fitness area is quite good for this age and type of hotel, this came as a very pleasant surprise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Heinrich D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear “BigBonker” and Partner,

first of all I would like to thank you very much for your recent stay at the Hotel Imperial and for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. I was more than happy to learn that you overall enjoyed your stay with us at the Hotel Imperial Vienna, indeed a former private palace located in the heart of the city centre, surrounded by many of the renowned concert halls, museums and shopping areas.

I hope you will give us the privilege to stay with us soon again!

With sunny greetings from Vienna,

Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We booked a junior suite on high floor (519) for 5 nights in late June. The room is different from the website and a bit small in size. It faces towards the street of the RING but quite. The décor of the room is just perfect as we like classical and elegant style. The bed was firm and very comfortable.
The concierge was very helpful and helped me to arrange roses and airport pickup in advance. When we checked in to the room early in the morning, the flowers were in the room with a card written for my behalf. My wife was very happy with surprise!
The reception staff were very friendly and polite and remembered our names. We tried the breakfast once and it is very delicious. The hotel also provides free in-room Wi-Fi.
For the entire stay, Vienna was in sunny weather with temp > 33C! It was very hot. But the hotel aircon was in good condition and cooled us off when we returned from the day activities. The room has a bath tub as well as individual shower room and I like the shower! Everything of the hotel and room are just luxury and comfortable.
For the location, the hotel is very good. We’d compared the Sacher and Ritz Carlton also. Sacher is too close to the Opera House and a bit too crowded and commercial. The Ritz is a bit too far. But the Hotel Imperial is just right. It is a bit off the tourist center and in a quite and safe area. It is next to the Musikverein and a 3-minute walk to the St Charle’s Church. And it is a mere 6-7 min walk to the Opera House and 15 mins to the palaces. For music lovers, the Four Seasons and/or the Mozart Requiem are a must attend at the St Charle’s Church! The Vienna Mozart Concert at the Golden Hall, however, is more of a tourist attraction than a concert. But one must still go to see the Golden Hall as it is gorgeous.
I have been staying at quite a number of Luxury Collection hotels and Hotel Imperial is considered the best. And I am glad we made the right choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank zerocoke
Heinrich D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear “zerocoke”,

thank you very much for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us and the TripAdvisor community and it is indeed a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your time being with us! The Imperial Junior Suites are unique jewels of our Hotel, each of them differently shaped and furnished with high ceilings and hand-crafted stucco. We really appreciate moreover your words regarding the high level of service you experiences and I am sure this will further encourage our team to deliver the same standard in the future again.

With sunny greetings from Vienna,

Overland Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I felt like royalty staying in this hotel; the decor is beautiful. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to an amazing suite. The room decor was luxurious, but had all the modern amenities; the bathroom is huge and richly decorated. We always used the main staircase because we felt like we were in a palace. Beautiful wide staircase, artwork and amazing marble!
The staff was so friendly and helpful. I know it's their job, but I felt that they really cared and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. The hotel is in a great location to shopping, culture and the center of town. The breakfast was delicious! Try the Imperial Torte - I even had it for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kcroxilu
Heinrich D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear „Jeanene B“ and Partner,

I truly appreciate your commendatory words about your recent stay with us at the Hotel Imperial and it is indeed an honour for us that you share your feedback not only with us, but moreover with the entire TripAdvisor community!

It is the combination of old school service in a former private Palais with the comforts of the 21st century, which sets us apart from the other hotels in Vienna.

I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you soon again!

Heinrich Dominici, Director of Guest Service
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

A very historical property with long list of celebrity patrons. The hotel is maintained very well and updated with modern amenities. It the hotel to stay at in Vienna if you are looking to feel the Vienna culture and history. Old world elegance with today's technology.

The service is excellent and very detailed. On all occasions on my arrival they always have prepared fresh fruit, sparkling water waiting in the room. The rooms are luxurious decorated and bathrooms are fitted completely in beautiful granite. Public areas of the hotel are also decorated in the proper period of history the hotel was built.

The hotels room service and restaurant food is also excellent. Breakfast both in restaurant and room service are equally good.

Be sure to have the Imperial Torte

Concierge is very helpful and knowledgable.

Hotel Imperial is true European service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Heinrich D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear “David H”

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for sharing your fervid comment about your experience with us and the TripAdvisor Community! It is indeed a pleasure for us to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we would be more than happy to welcome you back soon in the Hotel Imperial Vienna.

With best regards from sunny Vienna,