“very good”

Hotel Imperial Vienna
Ranked #16 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was in quite a few hotels in vienna already, but this one definitely got one of my favourite hotels. I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. It is perfectly located, offers very nice food and hast supers rooms. My boyfriend and I enjoyed it very much, I'm sure we'll go there again. Hopefully soon.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,205)

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. It met all my expectations and more. This is a grand hotel and oozes with class. But what sets this hotel apart from the rest, beyond the excellent location,
Is the staff. Top notch and professional. I had a minor personal incident which required attention and the staff, headed by Claudia, were fast moving and very attentive. Additionally, the concierges are most helpful . Highly recommend.

1  Thank Siciliangal
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My 88 year old mother wanted to do a trip to Austria as she remembered it during her youth. The hotel is grand and fits the name Imperial. The common areas are opulent but also have a coziness to them. The Bar is not to be missed for an intimate cocktail. There is outdoor seating as well. The staff will do almost anything to please and the concierge staff could arrange almost any tickets. We were upgraded to the Imperial Suite which was huge and furnished in the period. The chandeliers were immense. This is not a modern hotel architectural wise but is an excellent way to experience old Vienna. Many chic older local couples come here to visit, sip, and eat. A memorable experience in a location where you can walk to everything.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ndestin
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I could have stayed longer. I only had one night at this great hotel. You can see and feel the history. I was blown aways from the great staircase. Cafe Imperial is a must go place and the Imperal cake a must have (this cake is even gluten-free). I will be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Heinrich D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear “Anton2208”,

what a pleasure and honour for us to hear that you enjoyed your unfortunately too short stay with us here in Vienna and I hope you will come back very soon! Please rest assured that we will certainly have a piece of Imperial Cake ready for you, when you will be checking in on your next stay with us.

Best regards from sunny Vienna,

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel was amazing the structure the design the staff . We stayed in the elizabeth suite which was absolutely stunning ! Centrally located in the city and near by everything ! Will definatley stay there again

1  Thank Avril D

Dear “Avril D” and partner,

thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experiences with our entire TripAdvisor community. It is a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Elisabeth Suites which are owing to their inviting armchairs and sofas in the living quarters recall the charm of a bygone era and are indeed the perfect surroundings for a relaxing cup of tea.

We are very much looking forward welcoming you back soon in the Hotel Imperial and remain with best regards from Vienna painted in the beautiful colours of spring!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Highly recommended.... This is a very special hotel! The staff is exceptionally helpful and polite. The room was so comfortable, charming, and large. My room location - above the main entrance to the hotel wasn't a problem! It had a walk out balcony and at night all I had to do was push a button to close these large shutters to block part or all the light. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Heinrich D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear “kathleen98250”,

thank you very much for your kind and very positive comments and for sharing your honest feedback with us and moreover with our TripAdvisor community. Your observations and suggestions are of utmost importance to us in our continuous journey to improve our product and service standards.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon to the Imperial Vienna and remain with sunny greetings!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Built in 1863 as a city palace and it still looks like one inside. The Imperial must be one of the world’s most attractive hotels and is frequented by pop and film stars and the world’s leaders.

The standard (classic room) rooms, one of which I had are very nice and reasonably spacious, the junior suits are excellent and the Royal Suite is just breath-taking.

The mattress, pillows and lining were exquisite. My only complaint with my room was the bath with shower attachment, was difficult to use solely as a shower. The space between the bath’s wall and shower curtain was narrow and the shower attachment was very awkward to direct. The cold curtain often stuck to your back.

My room did not have a view, but those that did only overlooked the ‘Ring-strasse’ a rather busy road. In terms of location the Hotel is in easy walking distance of the centre of Vienna.

The hotel could be accused of looking so regal, that it might be interpreted as somewhat ‘stuffy’. However the friendliness and helpfulness of every member of staff was second to none. The Restaurant was probably excellent, but of course very expensive, so I never tried it. The Café, which I did try several times provide very high quality cakes, snacks and meals. Although the prices were a little higher than ‘in the street’ the quality of food and speed of service was excellent.

The Hotel had an attractive bar open until late.

Now even the rich like a bargain. Hotel breakfast was a rather steep 39 Euro’s per person. Next door was a McDonald’s with a McCafe, providing a surprising range of health options. In fact you could have a good breakfast for 3.99 Euros, so why spend 39?

To get to the hotel from the Airport: Catch the CAT train to the city (16 mins and 19 Euro’s return). The Hotel is five minutes’ walk form Karlplatz. Don’t pay a taxi 40 Euro’s one way.

The hotel is not cheap, but you DO get what you pay for!

2  Thank TheLondonGuy

Dear "TheLondonGuy" and partner,

I want to take the opportunity to thank you very much for your rich in content review about your recent stay with us in Vienna. It is indeed for us a very fruitful toehold to see TripAdvisor as a kind of forum to learn from your shared experiences on this platform and to evaluate our standards and services based on your expectations.

Owing to the long-standing history of the Hotel Imperial we are very aware that you can definitely amend certain aspects of the Hotel, but it was my pleasure to learn from your comment that especially our staff has been to your utter satisfaction.

We hope that you will give us the privilege of your patronage soon again and remain with best regards from sunny Vienna!