“A gorgeous hotel”

Hotel Imperial Vienna
Ranked #18 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Want to know whether the hotel is grand? Just look at the doorman! The higher the hat, the fancier it is. It holds true for Hotel Imperial.

From the well-dressed doorman, the amazing murals on the walls and the cathedral ceiling, to the extravagant crystal chandeliers in the lobby, no detail is ever too small to spare.

We stayed at the Deluxe suite for 5 nights and had nothing to say but full-hearted praises. The room itself was a work of art complete with the elegant silk padded walls with moldings, many beautiful crystal chandeliers, the high thread count sheets, and a fully marbled bath with a rain shower, a porcelain tub and the heated floor!!! Talking about living the dream! I especially liked the separated walk-in closet area that was big enough to hang all my dresses that I brought on this trip.

Fresh fruit was brought to our room daily, along with the wonderful turn down service with a bottle of water and Viennese chocolate on the nightstand every evening.

The hotel is very centrally located on the museum street. This is especially convenient if you are planning to go to the concerts at either the St Charles Church ( Mozart requiem - a must go!!!) or the Musikverein - literally a hop away from the hotel!

Super friendly and beautiful staffs completed this over the top wonderful hotel. I can't wait to come back!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aquahot
Heinrich D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear "aquahot " and Partner,

it is indeed a pleasure and honour for me to read your very benevolent comment about your recent stay at the Hotel Imperial and I want to thank you cordially for your praising words, giving your entire team a fresh impetus to stay and further enhance our service level.

Ever since the opening in 1873, the Imperial has been a byword for elegance around the world and for us, this legacy is at once claim and commitment and we try to keep the Viennese charm and aristocratic savoir faire alive, upgraded by the advantages of the 21st century.

We are already looking forward welcoming you back soon and I remain with best regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Imperial Vienna

Reviewed April 1, 2013

nice hotel, great history, but perhaps not like its heydays. Some staff are excellent, others look a bit bored. The higlight was the quaint, Imperial Bar, which has some excellent bartenders who not only make a great cocktail,but excellent conversation too.

Location is very good. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: get the one facing the main road if possible
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mahesh S

Dear "Mahesh S" and partner,

thank you very much for you recent stay and for sharing your impressions with us and the entire TripAdvisor community. It is indeed a pleasure and privilege for me to share your positive feedback with our team, especially with the Bar Maria Theresia crew and I am very confident that on the one side the beautiful former Palais and on the other side the highly experiences and professional team are those arguments that sets us apart from the other hotels in Vienna.

Best regards from Vienna painted in the beautiful colours of spring,

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a classy hotel in the middle of everything you want to see in Vienna.
Our junior suite was gorgeous with 2 small walkout balconies, king bed, large seating area. Our teenager was provided a comfortable cot. I think the furniture must have been rearranged as the cot and storage were placed in a private corner. The bathroom's heated floor was lovely. There were more towels than we could use, fresh fruit, chocolates and bottled water every evening. Internet would have been very expensive (29 euros) but for our Marriott gold status.
We ate twice at the Imperial Cafe. Food (especially desserts) and service were both wonderful.
This was a SPG point stay. The reservation was easy to make (had to call in because of our third person) and easy to upgrade. Everything was ready for us when we arrived (I was worried about getting the cot) and there was never a fuss about paying with points.
I would very much love to stay again.

Room Tip: There are all beautiful.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank amhOttawa
Heinrich D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear “amhOttawa”,

thank you very much for your recent stay together with your family and for sharing your impressions over TripAdvisor. Your compliments have been well received and are much appreciated and it is my pleasure to announce that by the beginning of last week we are offering the basic internet access in all public areas and also in the rooms complimentary.

It is certainly our standard that all our guests receive the same high level of service and I am happy to read that you all had a good time in the Hotel Imperial Vienna and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon!

Best regards from sunny Vienna,

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here with my family at the beginning of our grand tour of Europe. This Hotel is probably the best Hotel we have stayed at in all my years of traveling. The service is incredible, everyone goes out of their way to serve you and make your wishes come true. The concierge is the best we have encountered in all our travels. His recommendations were excellent. He took care of us from the moment we arrived to when we left. He got us tickets to the Golden Hall and the seats were amazing. I cant say enough of this place except, that I cant wait to go back and experienced it one more time. The location of the hotel is great based to the proximity to all tourists attractions as well as restaurants and entertainment venues. I will never stay anywhere else while in Austria, and from now on I will measure all the other hotels I stay based on my stay at the Imperial Hotel.

Room Tip: Email the concierge before you go, that way by the time you arrive you have all you need for a great...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank travel-manic215
Reviewed March 26, 2013

When you stay here, you know you have arrived at the best in Vienna. Like a palace, the rooms are incredible, the stair case is over the top, the staff will get you anything your heart desires or just get out of the way. The hotel is small enough to give you that cozy feeling. Don't be suprised if someone famous is there during your stay. We were there for an opera, I think the hotel was better. Bring your fancy clothes or you will feel underdressed. You won't be dissapointed!

Room Tip: Ask for eggs benedict at breakfast, best I ever had!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear “Grant G” and partner,

thank you very much for the high score in your TripAdvisor posting and for sharing your experiences with the worldwide community. Your comments about the personalized service of our entire team have been already shared with them and will definitely further encourage them to look for those small details to delight our guests on their stay in Vienna.

Tradition not only lives on in the Imperial—as the aroma of fine coffee betrays—but is lovingly cultivated and enriched with modern amenities and we are happy to celebrate your 140th birthday within the next days.

The entire team of the Hotel Imperial is looking forward to welcome you back soon and remain with best regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This year the Hotel Imperial, former Palais of Württemberg, is celebrating its 140th anniversary. Walking through the magnificent rooms you feel put back into the times of Kaiser Franz Joseph I. Most impressing is the historical atmosphere in the suites, which enthral everyone because of their wide range of different colours, furnishing and the carefully arranged and valuable details. Naturally the hotel does not only pamper its guests with the impressive rooms but also with its extraordinary culinary service.
Café, restaurant and Bar Maria Theresia guarantee relaxing hours and eating and drinking become exklusive experiences. The impaccable and caring service contributes to making the hotel one of the "leading hotels of the world". Our regular visits are some of the year´s best hours, because we are able to forget time in our busy everyday life.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Heinrich D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear "Irmi G" and partner,

thank you very much for your kind and well-disposed review about the Hotel Imperial, which gives our entire team the right motivation to steadily improve our performance in order to not only meet but moreover to exceed your expectations.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Vienna soon and remain in the meantime, with best regards

Heinrich Dominici, Director of Guest Services

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Centrally located, The Imperial is really "old school". You go there for your privacy, the corridors are empty, a chamber maid might appear out of nowhere but otherwise the staff leave you blissfully alone. The newspaper is delivered soundlessly, the concierge greets with a nod of the head and the doorman tips his hat...it is truly not necessary to hear your name five times when going out. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. I must mention the restaurant Imperial though. This is an absolutely first class restaurant with a great menu and very friendly and knowledgable staff. I had dinner there three times during my four day stay! Why try the unknown when you can get pampered at the Imperial!
Dinner is accompanied by live piano music...all very posh.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Idenburger
Heinrich D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear "Idenburger",

thank you ever so much for your kind compliments about the Hotel Imperial and for sharing your comment not only with us, but also via the world wide web. Let me thank you moreover for the praise of your staff - they indeed work with their heart and soul for the Hotel Imperial.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon to an ambiance which is spiced with the sweetness of Viennese charm and aristocratic savoir faire.

Kind regards,