2,217 results
All reviewsthe club loungeice rinkihg membercity parklobby bardirectly across the streetmetro stationdeluxe rooman upgradebeautiful citybreakfast buffet isthe air conditioningcentral locationopera housestadtparkconciergechandeliers
Reviewed September 18, 2017

We are an older couple who do a lot of hotel stays each year so we know what we want in a hotel and also what we expect from particular hotel brands. This hotel met all our expectations with comfort, service and a great location. Where it exceeded our expectations was the warmth and caring attention we received from the staff not only in relation to a medical problem we had, but with other matters as well. We do not really want to single out any staff as they were all dedicated and knowledgeable but we will mention Marco and especially Maria who went above and beyond what was required to help us in our hour of need. It was a memorable stay and we did extend rearranging our travel time table to extend our stay. We highly recommend this hotel and if we have the chance we will return. Once again thank you Maria for all your support.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Sandra_Hoesl, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Dear morswazza,
It was such a pleasure for me to read your review. Thank you so much for your all around positive feedback. We do appreciate your effort to write such a comment.
I truly hope that other readers will take your comment concerning our Hotel into account when booking their next holiday.
I truly hope that you will be able to come back soon to enjoy another holiday at the InterContinental Vienna.
It was our pleasure to be able to accommodate you!
Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed September 17, 2017

Service was on par with 5-star hotels; great staff from the front desk to the concierge especially the Filipino gentlemen who assisted on using train otherwise day trip will be complicated. Best decision ever made for a night stay in Vienna, just oposite U-Bahn, convenient and cheaper way on going around the city. Nothing to dislike really about this hotel, which means I'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are big and quiet
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Halley I
Sandra_Hoesl, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Dear Halley I,
First of all I would like to thank you for your kind feedback. Reading about your recent stay with us does make me really proud of my team and I will definitely forward your comments.
Yes you are absolutely correct - our location actually is perfect. You can easily reach most of our sights by walk or you can take the metro which is direct opposite our hotel.
I hope that you will be able to visit beautiful Vienna very soon again!

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Staff went above and beyond with their services. Rooms are warm but I think all of Europe is like that. Great location with easy access to many venues. Beautiful city! Great location for meetings and group functions.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business

Dear Joann S,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
It is very nice to read that you were happy with the service provided at the InterContinental Vienna.
I am sorry that your room was a bit too warm for you. For your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact the reception desk anytime, so we can send maintenance to your room in order to check the air conditioning.
The location of our hotel is a true benefit as you can easily walk within 10 minutes to the city centre.
I truly hope that you will be able to visit us soon again,

Reviewed September 16, 2017

Very good location. 450 rooms. Smiling and helping staff.
But the property is dated and rooms as well bathrooms are small and basic.
Not IC standard.
Lobby is small , but breakfast area is decent. Breakfast is good but quite pricey, like Newyork hotels.

Room Tip: High floor any side
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Bharat P,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.
Highlighting our friendly team is very much appreciated and I will of course forward your feedback to them.
Regarding our hotel I am happy to inform you that a major refurbishment is being planned at the moment and will take place in 2020. Until then, we keep our house constantly maintained by deep cleaning and regular quality checks.
With regards to the price of breakfast we are in line with other hotels in the city. In fact we are very proud of our extensive offer of hot and cold dishes with local and international specialities, going as far as special Asian and Arabic dishes.
Thank you again and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Nicely located directly opposite Stadtpark subway station and the actual park, this hotel is just a short walk into one of the main shopping areas in town. As you would expect for this type of hotel, the lobby is very grand and in keeping with the styles of Vienna. The rooms are nicely appointed and comfortable but I would say that it needs updating.
I don't know why hotels charge so much for food. The prices are enough to put most people off. I'm not exactly tight when it comes to spending but I do expect value for money and eating breakfast or en evening meal is just too costly when you consider all the other options just a stones throw from the hotel.
If you're looking for a good nights sleep, that should be an issue but if you like to sleep in past 7am, DO NOT STAY HERE, they start cleaning rooms early. Twice someone tried to one into the room, the first at 7:30am and then again at 8:30am, despite calling the front desk after the first time and telling them that we had asked for a late checkout because of a late flight on the day of departure. Another thing......I know that 'soft closing' door mechanisms exist, this hotel needs to buy them. Whilst I appreciate that they can't help it when guest leave and doors slam, they can do something to minimise it. Would I stay here again you may ask.......likely not.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dakar52

Dear Dakar52,
Thank you very much for your honest and detailed feedback.
The location of our hotel is indeed one of our benefit as you can easily explore Vienna by foot. The Stadtpark which has been mentioned by yourself is also a true treasure for the city. Having so much nature in the heart of the city is an attraction in its self.
I am sorry to read that you were not fully satisfied with our breakfast, especially with the price. Kindly note that the price is adapted to the hotels around the area and we are very proud of the extensive offer we provide. However I do appreciate your feedback and I will certainly forward it to the relevant Management Team.
I would like to apologise for the inconvenience in the morning. Usually our Housekeeping Team does not start before 08:00 am and they are trying their best not to disturb anyone. I do recommend to put the "do not disturb" card outside in order not to be awakened.
I truly hope that you are going to visit us again in the not too distant future.