“Unexceptional, but not annoying” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Wien

InterContinental Wien
Ranked #75 of 367 Hotels in Vienna
Kirchberg, Austria
“Unexceptional, but not annoying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Even though the hotel is said to be refurbished shortly and people recommend, rather checking in at the Hilton next door, i was quite happy with my business stay. The bathroom was cosy as was the room with lovely bedding. all amenities one would expect are on offer. It is a 10minute brisk walk to the center of town, which is convenient.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view to enjoy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ClaraPrijapratama, Quality Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Andrea R,
I was very delighted to read that you were able to relax and the enjoy the room although you were on a business trip. It is correct that we will be undergoing some construction in 2016, but I am quite sure that you will be feeling much more comfortable then and am looking forward to welcome you again.
Quality Manager/PA to the General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed 4 days on the club level which was nice to have breakfast, food and all day beverages. The staff was friendly and accomodating. We were upgraded to a very large room from AMEX CENTURION which had a wonderful view of Vienna. The food at the resturant was very good, I particulary enjoyed the 'Marchfeldspagel' seasonal white asparagus which was very delicious. Location was across the street to Stadpark Metro which was convenient. We had a very enjoyable stay at this elegant hotel.

Room Tip: recommend club level. It was nice to have access to the club lounge
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ClaraPrijapratama, Quality Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear lulufalana,
your feedback is very much appreciated. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your 4 days stay with us. The rooms on the Club level and especially the Club Lounge itself indeed do offer a beautiful view over Vienna. I have forwarded your wonderful compliments in regards to the 'Marchfeldspargel' to our Chef.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is a very comfortable hotel, with all the amenities and services you'd expect from an intercontinental anywhere in the world. Our room overlooked the park, and the hotel is a short walk to many attractions, and right across the road from one of the metro stations. The breakfast buffet was great, as I've found in Intercontinental hotels around the world, they've got it down to a fine art and it'll set you up until dinner. The building could do with a bit of a refresh, but other than that was a good place to stay if you want a large 5 star hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear AEF_9,
thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. I am happy that you enjoyed our services, especially the breakfast buffet. The hotel itself will undergo a complete refurbishment in 2016, but I hope that we will be able to welcome you again in a not too distant future.
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed her three days on the club level. There were some issues checking in due in part to some staff not understanding what an upgrade is. The food is good. The exercise and spa facilities are very good. The service was responsive. The location is a bit out of the way, but for that the parking is less.
The real problem is the slow internet. I had a video conference at 2AM, so no staff to ask, and the connection was abysmal. This when you can get high speed internet for free at cafes in Vienna.
If you come here on business be sure to plan around this one drawback.
I found the staff to be quite helpful, especially the general manager.

Room Tip: Get a corner room on the club floors with adjoining room. this is large enough to have a meeting.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear applejuice12,
thank you very much for your valued feedback. I sincerely apologize for the lack of providing an appropriate Internet system, especially when needed for an important video conference. I can certainly understand your frustration, but am happy that you had the chance to meet our General Manager to get everything sorted.
We hope to welcome you again at the InterContinental Vienna.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

I would like to recommend the Intercontinental Hotel in Vienna as a great place to stay. My husband and I went to Vienna in December of 2013 for the Christmas season. The Intercontinental was so well located that we could walk to almost everything within 20 to 30 minutes. We also could reach the hotel from the rail station so we never had to hire a taxi. The hotel and the rooms were lovely. I especially appreciated the staff for going the extra mile for me.
The day that I left my watch fell off my arm in my room. Since my mother had purchased the watch it had great sentimental value for me. When I e-mailed the hotel, they said that they had found it and they would send it to the United States. I offered to pay for the postage but they sent the watch back without demanding any payment. The staff was wonderful to us. If you travel to Vienna, please consider the Intercontinental. You won’t regret your choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SpanishTeacher2014,
thank you very much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Vienna has a wonderful touch during the festive season of Christmas. I was delighted to read that the watch arrived home safely and we were able to help. We are looking forward to welcome you again in Vienna.
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

The Intercontinental proved to be an excellent choice in every way.
It’s well located on the Ringstrasse, across from the Stadtpark Metro Station.
Just a short walk to many sites of interest to tourists.
The exterior is modern and unattractive, but inside, the Public spaces are elegant.
Check-in was swift and friendly. Note: They charge for WiFi, but if you join their
Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) Rewards Club, you can get free WiFi in your room. . Joining is free, they’ve got signup sheets at the reception desk,

We have great things to say about the expertise and charm of the people at the Concierge Desk. They were very helpful. And the breakfast buffet was extraordinary. The breakfast room gets quite crowded at times, especially when tour groups are passing through.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel that faces Stadtpark.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear justasteve,
thank you very much for your wonderful words. The hotel is indeed located very conveniently, so that all sights are reachable very easily. I have certainly forwarded your words of praise to our Concierge Team as well as your concern in regards to the breakfast area. We hope that you will have the possibility to return to Vienna soon.
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

The hotel, rooms and cleanliness and food are excellent. The service of the staff are probably the worst of any hotel I have stayed in anywhere in the world. Having spent a lot of money in intercontinental hotels, the staff cannot be bothered, unhelpful and cannot speak the truth. Arriving after lunch, I was informed my room was being prepared, and to wait in the club lounge. No information on how to get there. After sometime and further inquiries, I was informed that in fact the people in my room, had late check out and the room would not be available, till around 1730. The porters were non existent and generally the club staff had little or no interest, except in obvious regular customers.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ClaraPrijapratama, Quality Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear btonboz,

thank you for sharing your experience with us. Although you find the Hotel, rooms, cleanliness and food excellent, I can certainly understand your disappointment that we were not able to provide an appropriate level of service at all times. Therefor I would like to forward my sincere apologies.

I am fully aware that the time cannot be turned back, but I hope that you will be able to visit our property again to show you that we have improved our service level.