We stayed at the Vienna InterContinental for 3 days. the best part about the hotel is location...it is across the street from an Underground (subway) station (which happens to be on the line to the Schonbrun Palace--no transfers needed), a pleasant park is across the street, the Vienna Concert Hall is just behind the hotel, and it is 4 blocks walking from the city center, ~ 15 minutes walking from St. Stephen's.
The staff tried to please--front desk, concierge, bell stand...
some misses that prevented a 5 star review--
one night, only 1 bath towel instead of 2 was provided (when called, towel was brought right away), asking the concierge for concert recommendations one day led to searching the internet... something I could have done.
the public spaces were very fine, the room furnishings more than comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the centre of Vienna, the deluxe hotel is the ideal starting point from which to explore this fascinating city. International atmosphere and Viennese tradition together with personalized service present the perfect harmony for a pleasant stay.459 guestrooms including 3 club floors and 49 suites boast every comfort of a de deluxe property. A restaurant, bar and café as well as 24-hour fitness centre and room service, garage, hair-dresser and souvenir shop round up the hotel’s facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Wien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Wien Hotel Vienna
- Intercontinental Hotel Vienna
- Intercontinental Hotel Wien