InterContinental Wien
$316
$228
$182
2,149 results
All reviewsthe club loungeice rinkihg membercity parklobby bardirectly across the streetmetro stationdeluxe rooman upgradebeautiful cityper daybreakfast buffet isthe air conditioningcomfortable hotelcentral locationon footopera house
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here for one night in December 2012 for work, in a deluxe room.

The hotel was alright, but I don't think I'd stay again. It feels extremely tired and a little brassy. While here, the hotel showed my colleagues and me some of their other rooms - from classic all the way to penthouse suite - everything just felt a bit small, low, and dated..

Rooms
My deluxe room was quite large, with space for a small sofa, and a great view, but I found the ceiling low, and the bathroom layout a little weird and narrow. A lot of light pollution when trying to go to sleep - from under the door, from behind the window blinds etc. And noisy air conditioning too. Comfortable bed, though, and ok toiletries.

Had breakfast in the hotel restaurant - which I can't fault. A huge buffet with plenty of choice.

Gym
As with many hotel gyms, this was ok, but not amazing...

Service and staff
No real issues except that they charged me for breakfast, when my rate was inclusive. I know that's not a big thing, but I always hate it when reception doesn't know what the rate includes.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
thomaslegner, General Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear EuroLondon,

Many thanks for your feedback related to your recent stay with us.

As a Senior Contributor we certainly appreciate your feedback.

I would like to apologize for not getting your billing right, this should of course be double-checked before being presented to you.

Thank you also for your favourable comments about our wonderful Breakfast buffet, as well as our very comfortable beds.

We are of course always in the process of upgrading our public rooms and our guest rooms and I would hope that you will give the InterContinental Vienna another try in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

Thomas Legner

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Hotel has good location. Very close to the park and metro station. Staff was friendly and room was neat. Hotel restaurant offers good breakfast. Club members can choose where they are having their complimentary breakfast. They can have it in the club lounge, in the restaurant or in the room. Fitness centre with saunas are also neat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RST50
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Get a local map and just go. The rooms are nice and the breakfast is impressive as well. Take advantage of the park across the way. Have a beer and sausage at the brau haus or beer garden, then take a walk to the tourist spots. Don't use any ATM's in the area. The Concierge here I found was poor.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We visited this hotel, a monument. Great hotel with excellent service. Staff were warm and nice. The hotel is very close to amenities and the train station is just opposite. My son loved the lounge even he is not of the drinking age. We are planing another trip in July and we are looking forward to return.

Room Tip: Lower floors are better
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chandranrachel
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed at Club level in a nice clean large room with comfortable beds, great view of ice rink. Wonderful full breakfast buffet included. It's a large hotel but service was great and it had a small hotel feel.

Room Tip: Club level helps as they are higher floors . Friends had room on lower floor and it was nice too. Just didn't have the view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple