InterContinental Wien
$242
$178
Agoda.com
2,144 results
All reviewsthe club loungeice rinkihg membercity parklobby bardirectly across the streetmetro stationdeluxe rooman upgradebeautiful cityper daybreakfast buffet isthe air conditioningcomfortable hotelcentral locationon footopera house
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife and I only spend a night in this hotel and found the hotel is clean, although the side of the room is rather small especially the bathroom. Breakfast is good with reasonable selections. We spend a quiet hour at the lounge after our Company Gala dinner. Service was great and people are generally friendly. Location is a plus, overlooking a public park and subway is just across the road. Will recommend this hotel. However, not sure about the hotel rates whether justified, because our room is provided FOC by Company.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I just came back from a week stay at this magnificent hotel, the InterContinental Wien.
First of all, its location is simply perfect, direct in front of the city park. I managed to reach most of the city’s attractions, within few minutes walking distance, or at a short subway ride.
The hotel is brillantly directed by Mr. Thomas Legner. My appreciation of the exemplary service I received during my stay at your property, cannot be overstated. Every staff member I met was friendly, courteous and knowledgeable.
I had a wonderful time at the hotel. Book a Club Room, so that you may have access to the Club InterContinental Vienna, on the 12th. The view is breathtaking. The facilities and amenities offered there are truly pleasant and memorable. I would like to commend Ms. Birgit, the Club Manageress. She is such a perfect hostess and I really felt at home. She is an asset to the hotel.
Also my thanks to the whole Club Team: Chris, Cudi and Mariola. They were always attentive to me. Furthermore, the General Manager PA, Ms. Prijapratama, assisted me diligently on his behalf.
I can't wait to return !

Room Tip: Book a Club Room on the higher floors!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank HospitalityConsult
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed two nights. Rooms ok bit small. Staff very good. Location superb. But the internet.connection is probably the worst i have come across. No wifi in the rooms only cable and slow and.expensive. Public areas wifi.available but horrible. From a hotel of this standard expected more.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank laiterie
thomaslegner, General Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear laiterie,

Thank you very much for your open feedback.

Please accept my apologies for any issues you may have experienced with the internet connection during your stay. As you pointed out, this is certainly not what you would expect at a hotel of our standard. We are working hard to address this issue.

On a positive note, thank you for mentioning our wonderful staff and the great location of the hotel.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Staff at the bar is slow and reluctant. Operator decides it is not what I would expect in such a hotel. About all we had to say, even about it, so we can order!!
Breakfast was better, but we expected more..... Receptionists were very nice:)
There was no chance to get online even at a restaurant!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Bflm,

I was very disappointed to read your review. Please accept my apologies for offering "slow and reluctant" service in our Internezzo Bar.

We pride ourselves for having very friendly and helpful employees and I am truly sorry for letting you down.

I sincerely hope that you will return to the InterContinental Vienna in the near future and that the next time you will experience truly great service in all areas.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

It is 2012 - Wi-Fi and the internet are a uility - just like electicity, hot water and a toilet in the room. Not to have Wi-Fi in the rooms and to charge ridiculous money for something that in most other hotels is free just does not make sense. Not only is this a major inconvenience for the guests (we are all connected and dependent on the internet nowadays), it just looks plain greedy, because we all know how little it really costs to provide it, especially compared to the prices charged for the rooms. Why not raise revenue by charging separately for electricity, for heating and airconditioning, for water, or for cleaning - here is a ton of additional revenue, that this hotel has been missing all this time! Shame!

This hotel has a good location and decent levels of comfort, although no stellar luxury or individual character. Certainly no advantage that would make me go there again, given the lack of such a basic utility. Sorry...

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank OneNightTraveller

Dear OneNightTraveller,

Many thanks for your candid feedback following your recent stay with us.

I would certainly agree with you that internet is a basic commodity for today's traveller. Unfortunately, the cost of providing this service is far greater than that of some of the other utilities you mentioned,

Please let me assure you that we are constantly evaluating our costs and pricing. We aim to offer our guests a reliable and safe service, which meets their requirements.

We will shortly be implementing a new, state-of-the-art, wi-fi system throughout the hotel, which will definitely satisfy the requirements of all our guests.