Tripadvisor
Vienna
1,591 results
All reviews privilege room cobbled alleyway city airport train nice hotel cat train short walk shower head side street close to the hotel top floor reception staff double bed public transport excellent breakfast central vienna underground station breakfast room
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

We arrived on Monday evening and after entering our superioe room it turned out nor finished with cleaning (bathroom), receptionist immediately apologized and gave upgrade to suite - two storey very comfortable and spacious room, we even started to talk about prolonging our stay:)
Location is very good. Just 5 min walking distance from Vienna Mitte train station. Thanks to courtyard placement, no street traffic can be heard.
Every hotel employee is greeting ( we met several housekeepers, receptionists, technician, waiters) and gives recognition to each guest.
But chemicals used for cleaning public areas and stayrooms are too strong. We had to ventilate our room after housekeeper cleaned our room while we were in breakfast.
Variety at breakfast is very good, value for money: cereals, milk, lactose free milk, soya milk, gluten free bread choice, freshly prepared omelet (this we asked since we saw that oven is hot and ingredients are there, just cook to come). Coffee machine with at least 8 different hot drinks, we learned chociatta (mix of coffee and hot chocolate)!
Despite there is clear pricelist for late check out : till 14; till 16:00 and till 18:00, we have got 1 hour later check out free of charge. It was very human way showed by hotel staff.
Our complaint to reception was about wifi. They sent technician in 5 min. Next day we discovered that there is signal, but does not let through instant messages, emails, only opening web pages. For business people its critical, in our case we used data roaming.
After our complaint to reception about wifi at check-out, they apologized with giving us 100% discount for breakfast for two for 2 days. I am in hospitality business for 20 years and long time have not seen so efficient empowerment of employees. Bravo for hotel management.
We recommend this hotel for three reasons:
Location
Very good breakfast
They correct their mistakes and show respect to guests.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

My NYE stay in Vienna was a disappointment. I understand NYE would charged much higher than usual rate but it is really not worth what I’m paying for.

This hotel located very near to the train station and the reception is located in a nicely decorated alley. Good environment.

However, was arranged to stay at Level 4 room (Can’t remember was it called Executive or etc) and we need to take the lift to Level 3 followed by a stairs to access the room. We had to carry our huge luggage to Level 4. That’s fine.

The so called Biedermeier design is old, and the galley built up with slanted ceiling really beat me. I was not able to shower properly due to the slanted ceiling. The aircon is so warm and unadjusted at the night. We did not request help to the room service as it was middle of the night and I just want to sleep through my night and move on.

As an Accor Member, this is disappointing.

Reviewed January 8, 2020

Unfortunately, my stay was quite disappointing. The Classic room that I received was small and everything looked tired and worn. The bathroom was freezing and, on top of that, there was no hot water one evening. The next morning there was no hot water in the shower so I had to wash my hair in the washbasin. I couldn't wait to leave the hotel.

Also, I'm a Gold Accor member, and I didn't get a welcome amenity. Poor loyalty treatment. (I didn't get a room upgrade either, but there were no rooms available so that's alright, but still I could've been given a better room than the one I got.)

Breakfast, however, was fantastic. Lots of options and even an egg station, which I don't see often in Mercure hotels. The location is good, withing walking distance of the city centre and close to the Landstrasse/Mitte station, which is where the train from the airport brings you.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

The hotel is in a very handy location being only a few minutes walk to the CAT station for direct trains to the airport and also very near to underground stations. It is also a very easy walk into town if you prefer. Rooms are very spacious with comfortable beds. There are a few options for food near the hotel and a supermarket also close by.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2019

This is a lovely place to stay especially over the Christmas period. It was very festive and close to transport links to anywhere. Realy convenient for the CAT rail link to the airport. Our visit was sadly spoilt by the cleaning trolleys being bumped around outside our door and against our bedroom wall from 05.30hrs in the morning. We were unlucky enough to be put next to the cleaners room, but also the corridor outside our room was used as a storage area for trolleys. It is sad that I have found it necessary to review this place in such a way but felt compelled to after our views on the matter were met with indifference at checkout.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Mercure_Biedermeier, Direktionsassistent at Mercure Grand Hotel Biedermeier Wien, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2019

Dear Steve P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take your feedback very seriously. Of course, I pass on your feedback to our housekeeper in order to sensitize the team.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Marcel Stöckel