“Excellent value for money and good location”

Mercure Grand Hotel Biedermeier Wien
Ranked #99 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent value for money and good location”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed for four nights in a Privilege Double Room on a prepaid rate which gave us excellent value for money. There was a complementary bottle of water each day and free Internet access in the room as well as WiFi in the Lobby. Breakfast is extra at 17 Euros p.P., and we preferred to have brekfast in the many Vienna Kaffeehäuser. There is an excellent Bakery and Café just 50 metres across Landstrasser Hauptstrasse called Ölz. The location of the Hotel is not inside the city Ring, but the U-Bahn and particularly the train station Wien Mitte (CAT Airport Train or the cheaper S-Bahn to and from the Airport!) are very close and it is quite a nice 20-minute walk to the Stefansplatz in the very centre.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mercure_Biedermeier, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Mercure Grand Hotel Biedermeier Wien, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about our Mercure Grand Hotel Biedermeier on Tripadvisor.
I am very happy to see that you had a delightful stay with us and that you did enjoy the location of our Hotel in the "Landstrasse" neighborhood as well as the comfort of our Privelege rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you again on your next stays in Vienna.

Guest Relation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zagreb
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent location near the city center even by foot, and 100 meters from metro. Hotel rooms have a windows to the passage (separated from the street) so it is very quiet. Excellent and professional service. Try to book hotel directly from hotel page because they have some promotions and if you take such promotions you will get a good hotel for good price

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mercure_Biedermeier, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Mercure Grand Hotel Biedermeier Wien, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Mercure Grand Hotel Biedermeier Wien and for your positive remarks. We are pleased to hear that we could meet your expectations from the beginning to the end of your stay.

Your encouraging words highly motivate us to continue into the same direction and to carry on our daily services with enthusiasm and joy.

We would love to welcome you again in our Hotel on one of your next trips to Vienna.

Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was a short stay for the night at my way home. The hote is located next to CAT in Vienna so it is quite good for a traveller who has a long change in Schwechat. 16 minutes from the Airport by CAT plus up to 10 minutes walk to the hotel. At the same time the hotel is quite close to the center - about 15-20 minutes walk to Opera, the same distance - to Prater...
The hotel has very friendly personnel, good rooms and nice view to the gallery.
So rooms are not very big but quite cosy and clean. Good bath, TV and minibar as well.
I can't tell anything about the breakfast quality as my flight was quite early on the morning and I didn't have a chance to taste it.
Free wired internet in rooms, many TV channels.
It was a pleasure to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mercure_Biedermeier, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Mercure Grand Hotel Biedermeier Wien, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the tripadvisor community. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the good location of our hotel.

I already shared your comments with our staff and it uses us as a great motivation. Our ambition is to give every guest an extraordinary Hotel experience and we are happy to see that we could accomplish this mission in your case.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Rooms are a little bit small. Our shampoo was empty. Location is very near to City center but not in the inner ring. The hotel was elegant. Had a good restaurant. It ıs possible to find everything you want in one or two hundred metres.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about your latest stay in Mercure Grand Hotel Biedermeier Wien on tripadvisor.

We are happy to see that you could enjoy our restaurant and that you felt comfortable with the design of the Hotel

Thank you again for staying with us it would be a pleasure to welcoming you again in Mercure Grand Hotel Biedermeier Wien!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

(First review ever) I stayed 4 nights and overall I can't say I quite enjoy the stay as much as other commentators. It was over $140 Euro per night so I had rather high expectations in terms of cleanliness and services. The hotel gave me an upgrade to the junior suite – unfortunately it was not well equipped and the maid never cleaned the rest of the suite besides making the bed and folding the towels in the bathroom. The shower gel was never replaced after it ran out. The coffee cups were always left dirty and I had to ask for coffee or tea bag replacement every morning. The ceiling right above the shower was very low – i hit my head every time i tried to stand straight (i am average height). There is wire-services for laptops but NO WIFI in the hotel room – even if you wanted to pay for it – it is just not provided in the room but one can only use it in the lobby. Although it is a non-smoking hotel, the hallway smells terrible and you know someone just smoked there. The hotel advertised it has a well-equipped fitness area, however it only has 3 run down cardio machines, 1 yoga mat and 1 stretch ball. It was rather small so just don't expect too much. The hotel is not within inner stadt. I wouldn't say it is far but if you are only spending a few days in Vienna and would like to go out at night – I would suggest stay within the central area so you can avoid spending 8-10 euros on cab rides since the underground shut down at 1230am during the week. I asked around the room rates around inner stadt and some 5-stars luxury hotels only charge about 10-20 Euros more for a room so do a thorough research before booking!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Mercure_Biedermeier, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Mercure Grand Hotel Biedermeier Wien, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and your remarks about your current stay with us. I'm truly sorry to see that our service did not meet your expectations completely.

We appreciate your comment, as these are constructive criticism that enables us to check ourselves and improve the level of service expected by our guests.
I wish to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us.
Should you wish to discuss this issues with me personally or if you have any other questions do not hesitate to contact me anytime under H5357-GR@accor.com.

If you are planning on returning to Vienna I hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us.

London
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I didn't stay at this hotel. I wanted to provide some gift extras for my parents who were staying at the hotel. I received exemplary service from the hotel management. The response and helpfulness could not have been better. (my parents gave a very good report of the hotel)

Stayed October 2012
Mercure_Biedermeier, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Mercure Grand Hotel Biedermeier Wien, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your review about your stay in Mercure Grand Hotel Biedermeier.

I am more than happy to here that your parents liked their stay and we could assist you to suprise them. If you or your parents plan to visit Vienna again we would be pleased to provide you the same high standard of service again.

Tromso, Norway
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I did not know anything about the hotel before i arrived. But it was a nice surprise. Very good service,nice rooms. The only problem is that there is no wireless internet in the rooms. The breakfast is also not the best one. But the food in the restaurant is exelent and there is a nice garden to sit outside in nice weather. I would like to come back to this hotel at my next stay in Vienna.

Room Tip: Go for the privelege rooms